Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should Conley still be on the colts board

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Teams cant take the chance if there is any question on a prospect of being guilty of rape.   Can you name a team that has done such?   

The more info that comes out out sounds like the kid is guilty of nothing more than having hormones.   But giving him a huge contract and using a pick on him is risky on many fronts

I'm not advocating to draft him in the 1st round. I think the Colts should take a hard look at trading up for Malik Hooker. No way you risk a 1st round pick on this. It's not worth it. But a late round pick if he falls? Absolutely

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I'm not advocating to draft him in the 1st round. I think the Colts should take a hard look at trading up for Malik Hooker. No way you risk a 1st round pick on this. It's not worth it. But a late round pick if he falls? Absolutely

At this point,  We have no late round picks.  If we trade up we still won't have late round picks

On 4/25/2017 at 8:00 PM, Defjamz26 said:

Wow. Not the responses I expected in this topic. You all need to wake up and stop believes that teams passions in Collins was wrong just because he ended up being clear.

You don't make an educated guess or trust your instincts on something as serious as a rape charge. That is just really bad business and no one with any idea of how Public Relations work would say otherwise. 

Unless he somehow clears this up in a day in a half, Conley is on no ones board and will be drafted by no one because that is the RIGHT thing to do. You don't "Bet" on things like this. You only make the decision if you have cold hard FACTS (which would be made available to the public in that instance) that he is 100% not guilty. It's not "he should be knocked down a few rounds" or "I just wouldn't take him in the first", it's that no NFL team should draft him in any round. Period!!!

Really disappointed by some of the posters in here. I don't care how much this "happens all the time and turns out to be false". You don't play around with stuff like this.

That's not fair. Conley is a good kid. Just cause someone decides, "hey I hung out with this guy who is poised to be a top pick in the NFL draft, so I might as well ruin his life and try to get a bunch of $..." doesn't mean that he should be punished for it. 

I would bet $200 he ends up not guilty. Mixon is different. He was seen on video. Foster and Tim Williams are different too. They have made multiple mistakes.

no reason to say that you are disappointed with the posters on here. Some may truly believe he isn't guilty. Which he likely isn't or he would be in jail by now. 

Now if he is guilty, I'm sure the scouts have an idea about it. If that's the case, obviously I'm not saying don't draft a rapist. I hope he serves his time. And I apologize. But I personally believe he is innocent. 

17 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

At this point,  We have no late round picks.  If we trade up we still won't have late round picks

I love Hooker. I really hope he falls to about 8-11 due to his surgery, but I think we could throw our 1st and next years 2nd to move up to 9th or 10th. for him. 

I'd be estatic if we could somehow get one of Adams, Hooker, or Lattimore. 

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I love Hooker. I really hope he falls to about 8-11 due to his surgery, but I think we could throw our 1st and next years 2nd to move up to 9th or 10th. for him. 

I'd be estatic if we could somehow get one of Adams, Hooker, or Lattimore. 

I really want the Hooker

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Yes,  punching a pregnant woman is fine for a draftee though.  A guy who plead guilty to the charges no less.   

It's not fine but rape (even just an accusation of it) is way more serious. Teams are willing to give people with domestic violence a 2nd chance. No one is going to take a risk when it's rape, regardless of what the outcome may be.

5 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

It's not fine but rape (even just an accusation of it) is way more serious. Teams are willing to give people with domestic violence a 2nd chance. No one is going to take a risk when it's rape, regardless of what the outcome may be.

But who says he is guilty?! Mixon and Rice couldn't deny it. It was on video. Big Ben was accused of rape TWICE!!! 

Just now, Colts1324 said:

But who says he is guilty?! Mixon and Rice couldn't deny it. It was on video. Big Ben was accused of rape TWICE!!! 

Didn't say he was guilty. But you don't take the risk. At least not for rape and murder. Weed, PEDs, domestic violence, etc...you take a calculated risk on.

And you give the person the benefit of the doubt if they're already on the roster. Because in that case it's not like you knew Ray Rice was a woman beater, or you knew Rothlisberger might be a rapist when you drafted them, so there's no backlash. The backlash only comes if they're proven guilty and you don't release them. If Rothlisberger had been accused of rape before the draft he probably would have went undrafted.