Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock Draft 5.0 (w/Trades)

Used draftwired to make this mock and traded picks to shake things up from what I normally do

Ballard said he wouldn't be afraid to trade back, so I traded back twice in the first.
Trades:
(25, 57) from HOU for (15)
(31, 95) from ATL for (25)

Picks:
Rd 1  Pk  31 - Gareon Conley (CB) Ohio State
Gives us a legitimate #1 CB alongside Vontae Davis

Rd 2  Pk  46 - Charles Harris (OLB 3/4) Missouri
Rd 2  Pk  57 - Jordan Willis (OLB 3/4) Kansas State
Double down on pass rushers with the additions of Harris and Willis. 
Willis reminds me of Dwight Freeney with his vicious spin move
Willis shot up draft boards with a great combine, great rusher and run stopper

Rd 3   Pk  80 - Adoree' Jackson (CB) Southern California
Adoree in the 3rd round was too good of value to pass up on. 
Our CBs are stacked, and if Vontae leaves next year, we'll have Conley and Jackson to fortify our CB positions

Rd 3   Pk  95 - Kareem Hunt (RB) Toledo
We get our RB of the future with the addition of the Hunt. He's an 3 down back who can do it all.

Rd 4   Pk 122 - Bucky Hodges (TE) Virginia Tech
Picked Hodges over Kittle but both TEs are underrated. Hodges replaces Dwayne Allen in the lineup, and splits reps w/Erik

Rd 4   Pk 137 - Tedric Thompson (SS) Colorado

Fantastic ball skills, and cover skills. Needs to work on tackling. Great addition if TJ Green fails

Rd 4   Pk 144 - Stevie Tu'kolovatu (NT) Southern Cal
Huge man to clog the middle of the defensive line and gives us a solid NT without overpaying for one in free agency

Rd 5   Pk 158 - Blair Brown (ILB) Ohio
Goes after the ball every play. Needs work in coverage and angles. Can become a solid player with work

3 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

That would be quite the haul but it would be extremely unlikely that those first 4 picks would be there at those draft slots.

Conley and Willis at those spots aren't unlikely I don't think. Wouldn't be surprised if Harris slid, but Jackson in the 3rd would be a dream

1 minute ago, Boomstick1 said:

Conley and Willis at those spots aren't unlikely I don't think. Wouldn't be surprised if Harris slid, but Jackson in the 3rd would be a dream

I know nobody really knows where these guys will fall but the NFL network guys think Conley is a top 12 pick and Harris a top 25 guy. They have Willis and Adoree as borderline first rounders too. Not saying they're necessarily right, but Ive seen those guys mocked at much higher. 

6 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I know nobody really knows where these guys will fall but the NFL network guys think Conley is a top 12 pick and Harris a top 25 guy. They have Willis and Adoree as borderline first rounders too. Not saying they're necessarily right, but Ive seen those guys mocked at much higher. 

Booo NFL Network. They're owned by Pat McAfee.

But I agree I've seen all of them going in the first to the second

6 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I think Conley falls to the end of the 1st. There are just too many talented guys in the 1st, and a lot that have risen, for Conley to go that high (especially top 12). Would love if he goes before our pick at 15 as I don't think he's worth a pick that high, but I don't think any GM's are dumb enough to reach for him in a CB heavy draft that high. 

Harris is the wildcard. He could go anywhere from our pick at 15 to the 2nd round pick of ours. However, pass rushers are coveted, and I believe we would either have to take him at 15 or trade down and pick him up a few spots later to get him. 

Willis and Adoree are 2nd round guys to me. Maybe they are 1st rounders in a weaker draft, but not this one.