Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock draft

I would be looking to fall back at every pick. We need as much talent as we can. I'm not going to predict a trade back here. I think we have to come away from this draft with starting caliber guys at CB and ILB. We need a young talented Edge. I am targeting a G too. 

1) Foster ILB we need a guy in the middle if Rueben falls we catch This would be a heck of a way to kick off Ballards first draft. Davis 

2) Awuzie CB I love this kid he can play outside the slot and even has experience at S. 

3) Johnson RG This should be the final touch to the OL. If things fall in to place Haeg is our Swiss Army knife.  

4) Hendericks Edge small school kid can stand up put a hand in the dirt He was the MVP of east west game  

4) Lewis CB he is a steal here can play outside if needed should excel in the slot. 

4) Godchaux DT quick burst slippery pass rush ability 

5) Rudy Ford S/CB the S class is deep but how is this guy being overlooked? 4.3 forty times led Auburn in tackles playing S saw time in the slot and returned punts and KO's. 

That is what I have. We get a RG for Luck. The CB cupboard is replenished we even add a S who can play the slot and return kicks. The thing I like about the guys on the backend all 3 tackle well vs the run.

I hope we can add a pick or two. We could drop back to the end of the 1st go with Davis. MLB is a huge hole on D. 

I'd love to get Riley ILB Bowser or Mathis Edge. I wanted to slide Mathis in but limited tape no test times make him hard to project. 

If James Butler  from Nevada is an UDFA as projected. He will make it feel like we drafted a RB. He's 5'9 210lbs elusive with a powerful lower body. He can break your ankles or your arms. Tiop priority UDFA

I like the draft, except for the (lack of) RB.  Is Butler even coming out this year?  I had to look him up and didn't see him as being available.

I think we've tried enough times to find a RB late in the draft or with a UDFA.  They're available that late or undrafted for a reason.  For every Terrell Davis there's a hundred Josh Fergusons.

I do like this, im still on the fence whether to go OL or not. I really like Haeg and Clark but if Philbin is not comfortable with them I'd expect us to draft one. Would be great if Lewis fell there but he's so talented I think a team steals him with a 3rd, hopefully us.

8 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I like the draft, except for the (lack of) RB.  Is Butler even coming out this year?  I had to look him up and didn't see him as being available.

I think we've tried enough times to find a RB late in the draft or with a UDFA.  They're available that late or undrafted for a reason.  For every Terrell Davis there's a hundred Josh Fergusons.

I think unless we get more picks we might have to rely an UDFA at RB.  It's unfair to judge what when can do based on what Grig's did. It was not that long ago Dominick Rhodes was helping us win the Super Bowl. 

12 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

I do like this, im still on the fence whether to go OL or not. I really like Haeg and Clark but if Philbin is not comfortable with them I'd expect us to draft one. Would be great if Lewis fell there but he's so talented I think a team steals him with a 3rd, hopefully us.

I'd be fine with Cutrer Langley Wilson the list goes on at CB. I think we have to bring in a G to at least challenge for RG. 

In my opinion the best case scenario Johnson Clark make up the right side. Haeg is our swing T Schwenke C/G Good G/T as back ups. 

19 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I think unless we get more picks we might have to rely an UDFA at RB.  It's unfair to judge what when can do based on what Grig's did. It was not that long ago Dominick Rhodes was helping us win the Super Bowl. 

Rhodes was proof that if you have a great line and a genius at QB just about any RB can be successful.  Not sure the line is there yet.  

If we can believe Irsay and Pagano, then a mock would be more likely if you take a back sometime.   After the top 5 guys they start being more iffy IMO.   I think we go either 2 or 3.   

40 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I'd be fine with Cutrer Langley Wilson the list goes on at CB. I think we have to bring in a G to at least challenge for RG. 

In my opinion the best case scenario Johnson Clark make up the right side. Haeg is our swing T Schwenke C/G Good G/T as back ups. 

Fair enough, im a fan of Haeg at RG and RT and I really think he has starting potential. This OL class is so bad, idk if anoyone outside the 1st round even beats out Haeg. JMO