Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts first big signing

3 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

We are losing out on all of the good players quick. Perry, Campbell, Jefferson, Wagner(top RT), Branch, and Hightower from what I have heard is looking like he is going to resign with the patriots. 

Poe, Sheard, Baker, and Zietler are four we are interested that are still available, but we need to move fast because other teams still have A LOT of cap space. 

Image result for patience gif

18 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Prediction for first signing?

AJ Bouye

Poe

Kevin Zietler

Tony Jefferson 

other?

None of the above. I honestly don't think we are signing a big name free agent. I think we will mostly be active on that second tier of free agents like Sheard and Baker imo.

4 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

We are losing out on all of the good players quick. Perry, Campbell, Jefferson, Wagner(top RT), Branch, and Hightower from what I have heard is looking like he is going to resign with the patriots. 

Poe, Sheard, Baker, and Zietler are four we are interested that are still available, but we need to move fast because other teams still have A LOT of cap space. 

You must have been a hoot picking kick ball teams at recess. lol

13 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I was reading yesterday that apparently the market isn't as strong for him as he & his agent thought it would be.

Thats good to hear! Yea, he is definitely not worth anything close to 10 million a year. Too many injury issues, lack of effort at times on the field (a lot of it due to his weight and position and the fact that he never comes off the field).

However, I would be ok to bring him in for a 2-3 year reasonable but slightly overpriced deal (cause all of them in free agency will be)

AJ Bouye

Poe

Kevin Zietler

Tony Jefferson 

other?

One is gone (two if you include Perry).Bouye, and to a lesser degree, Zeitler can be potential locker room destroyers as much as team hole fillers.  I've heard it from From Polian, I recently heard it from Chris Ballard, and I just heard it from Maurice Jones-Drew an hour ago.  The fastest way to wreck a team and destroy it's locker room is bring in a few super high priced guys that do not perform to or meet expectations of that lofty contract / pay.  So, if you, as a GM, go this route, you need to be quite certain you do not miss and that the guys you paid to bring in to your club live up to the paycheck they get, and fit in to the locker room culture and become one of the guys. 

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

None of the above. I honestly don't think we are signing a big name free agent. I think we will mostly be active on that second tier of free agents like Sheard and Baker imo.

Based upon Ballards success at college player scouting and his propensity to build from within, and not possibly destroy a locker room (Vontae Davis / AJ Bouye scenario) I think you're closer than most.  He might take a chance on Poe, given the right contract.  That is my guess.  He knows that guy and we have no Vet there to tick off by overpaying someone to come in and take his job and his future contract pay raise away.

Every year we we hear from many overzealous fans we are going to clean up in the FA pool, and we never do (Polian, Grigson, and now I'll be with Ballard as well).  Yet they predict it every FA season.  Zeitler would be my longshot guess, and second tier folks is what I think we might get.

AJ Bouye

Poe

Kevin Zietler

Tony Jefferson 

other?

One is gone (two if you include Perry).Bouye, and to a lesser degree, Zeitler can be potential locker room destroyers as much as team hole fillers.  I've heard it from From Polian, I recently heard it from Chris Ballard, and I just heard it from Maurice Jones-Drew an hour ago.  The fastest way to wreck a team and destroy it's locker room is bring in a few super high priced guys that do not perform to or meet expectations of that lofty contract / pay.  So, if you, as a GM, go this route, you need to be quite certain you do not miss and that the guys you paid to bring in to your club live up to the paycheck they get, and fit in to the locker room culture and become one of the guys. 

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Based upon Ballards success at college player scouting and his propensity to build from within, and not possibly destroy a locker room (Vontae Davis / AJ Bouye scenario) I think you're closer than most.  He might take a chance on Poe, given the right contract.  That is my guess.  He knows that guy and we have no Vet there to tick off by overpaying someone to come in and take his job and his future contract pay raise away.

Every year we we hear from many overzealous fans we are going to clean up in the FA pool, and we never do (Polian, Grigson, and now I'll be with Ballard as well).  Yet they predict it every FA season.  Zeitler would be my longshot guess, and second tier folks is what I think we might get.

27 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I don't see Zietler being a locker room destroyer. After seeing he wants 12 plus million I'd rather get warford or TJ Lang for 6 or 7 million maybe.