Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae Davis

AKB

2 minutes ago, colt18 said:

The QB was pressured during that play

A little and not enough to disrupt his accuracy.  It wasn't even the starting QB, but Its all good friend, Vonte is allowed to have a bad play if that is what it was.  

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

A little and not enough to disrupt his accuracy.  It wasn't even the starting QB, but Its all good friend, Vonte is allowed to have a bad play if that is what it was.  

A little pressure up the middle that the QB stepped up and around to deliver....the catch was the play, not Vontae's lack of defending it.  But people will just + on here.....it is the norm.  There will be another bash Green and Dorsett thread starting momentarily.....

15 hours ago, BR-549 said:

It was more than a little pressure if the QB had to step up and around it. Vontae got muscled for the ball and was getting torched all season. I'd like to keep him because I know he's capable of better but he wasn't good at all last year.

13 hours ago, Boomstick1 said:

Cooper made an excellent catch...

Vontae was on him like glue, and I'm glad we didn't win that game

Vontae got muscled, he doesn't usually get pooped on like that.

19 minutes ago, colt18 said:

It was more than a little pressure if the QB had to step up and around it. Vontae got muscled for the ball and was getting torched all season. I'd like to keep him because I know he's capable of better but he wasn't good at all last year.

Vontae got muscled, he doesn't usually get pooped on like that.

No it wasn't.  The backup QB sidestepped an uncontrolled rush.  The pass was on target enough to be caught.

My thought of "pressure" is getting your hands on the QB, being in his face with your hands up blocking his vision, changing his direction, forcing him to back up, forcing him to throw off of his back foot etc. , none of which happened, just a quick sidestep. 

So my statement was true that better pressure would have changed the results of that play and many more for that matter.  It was our main issue all last year.  No pass rush which  forced the secondary to play without mistakes or plays like that one happened.  

He may or may not have lost a step that contributed to his "down year" but he is still a good CB and with a solid pass rush he would be that much better.  That is all I was trying to say I guess.

We just have two different views of that play and thats okay too.  

17 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

No it wasn't.  The backup QB sidestepped an uncontrolled rush.  The pass was on target enough to be caught.

My thought of "pressure" is getting your hands on the QB, being in his face with your hands up blocking his vision, changing his direction, forcing him to back up, forcing him to throw off of his back foot etc. , none of which happened, just a quick sidestep. 

So my statement was true that better pressure would have changed the results of that play and many more for that matter.  It was our main issue all last year.  No pass rush which  forced the secondary to play without mistakes or plays like that one happened.  

He may or may not have lost a step that contributed to his "down year" but he is still a good CB and with a solid pass rush he would be that much better.  That is all I was trying to say I guess.

We just have two different views of that play and thats okay too.  

I just looked over the video again. There wasn't as much pressure as I thought, my apologies.

A pass rush would have changed the results more, although the pass was behind the WR and Davis was in perfect position to defend it. The backup QB made an inaccurate pass and Davis got muscled for it anyways.

We aren't disagreeing. Just saying two different things.

7 minutes ago, colt18 said:

I just looked over the video again. There wasn't as much pressure as I thought, my apologies.

A pass rush would have changed the results more, although the pass was behind the WR and Davis was in perfect position to defend it. The backup QB made an inaccurate pass and Davis got muscled for it anyways.

We aren't disagreeing. Just saying two different things.

No apology necessary.  All is good