Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tim Williams

8 hours ago, stitches said:

What is your source for that? Do you know him personally or do you have some sort of journalistic profile on him(that's genuine question, I'd love to read/see such a piece if there is one)? I see you repeat that mantra several times. Just repeating this won't make it true, you know? He was caught at 2am in his own weed smoked up car with weed in him AND with a gun without a permit. This at the very least is very questionable decision-making, and at worst points to him being a complete *, who has very little self-control with multi-million NFL career pending. And this is in addition to the reports of him failing multiple drug tests. The 'sources' are reportedly scouts employed by NFL teams. This is not like some random nobody telling reporters - hey he failed tests. Is it possible those scout are spreading misinformation so he'd fall on draft night to their team? Sure, I guess... If they rely on other teams doing their research by what's in the media and not doing their own research. One thing is sure, though, there is plenty of smoke to warrant concern at the very least.

Williams is my personal pass-rush favorite for our first round pick if he's cleared on the drugs suspicion, but lets not act like he's squeaky clean and there's nothing to worry about.

That's MY conclusion after watching every interview I could find and looking at his "crime". I did research and that's MY opinion. He had a little bit of weed, who the hell cares? I literally smoked blunts with IU players in Bloomington, smoking weed is not a big deal at all. So I think it's more logical to say he has good character? Lol he didn't steal anything, or hit anyone. 

You have your opinion and I have mine. I've said countless times if the rumors are true  and he fails at the combine then pass on him, I've repeated that mantra too, of course you didn't notice that though. 

32 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

That's MY conclusion after watching every interview I could find and looking at his "crime". I did research and that's MY opinion. He had a little bit of weed, who the hell cares? I literally smoked blunts with IU players in Bloomington, smoking weed is not a big deal at all. So I think it's more logical to say he has good character? Lol he didn't steal anything, or hit anyone. 

You have your opinion and I have mine. I've said countless times if the rumors are true  and he fails at the combine then pass on him, I've repeated that mantra too, of course you didn't notice that though. 

I couldn't care less if a random dude smokes weed. He is not a random dude though. He's a dude you will use a first round NFL pick on and a dude you are going to give millions of dollars to play and specifically to NOT DO drugs and to NOT GET in legal trouble with guns, etc.

For you or for me smoking weed doesn't preclude us from doing our jobs. For him it does! If he gets caught, he misses games. If he gets caught repeatedly he misses seasons or his whole career. It's much more about his judgement and self-control than about some moralistic argument against him.

Just now, stitches said:

I couldn't care less if a random dude smokes weed. He is not a random dude though. He's a dude you will use a first round NFL pick on and a dude you are going to give millions of dollars to play and specifically to NOT DO drugs and to NOT GET in legal trouble with illegal guns, etc.

For you or for me smoking weed doesn't preclude us from doing our jobs. For him it does! If he gets caught, he misses games. If he gets caught repeatedly he misses seasons or his whole career. It's much more about his judgement than about some moralistic argument against him.

That wasn't about me, it was just stating a point about college players. And just how miniscule marijuana is compared to real crimes. 

And he never missed a game from pot! I agree if he can't get off the stuff, then no thanks! But so far, that's just rumors. Hell the rumors could be a smoke screen to falter his draft stock. We don't know yet! But I've done research on him and my opinion isn't changing. If we find out he legitimately failed multiple tests, then I wouldn't take him . Until then it's up in the air.

13 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

That wasn't about me, it was just stating a point about college players. And just how miniscule marijuana is compared to real crimes. 

And he never missed a game from pot! I agree if he can't get off the stuff, then no thanks! But so far, that's just rumors. Hell the rumors could be a smoke screen to falter his draft stock. We don't know yet! But I've done research on him and my opinion isn't changing. If we find out he legitimately failed multiple tests, then I wouldn't take him . Until then it's up in the air.

If they are all smokescreens and our scouts/investigators OK him, I have no problem taking him in the first. The good thing is, Ballard and the Chiefs have a history of doing their work in investigating players with troubled/questionable past and drafting them at a good point in the draft.

I don't expect our players to be saints. If our FO thinks he won't have problem keeping off drugs and staying on the field, I'd be the first to welcome him because he's hell of a talent. His pass-rush stats last two years are insane - he creates pressure on 27% of passing downs!!! I don't know if people understand just how good this is. The average for college pass-rusher is 10%. And I don't think he's as bad on running downs either. If he can stay on the field, I feel like he might be the best or second best pass-rusher in this class.

So yah... I guess all we can do right now is wait and see how Ballard and his team will evaluate him and the risks around him.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

If they are all smokescreens and our scouts/investigators OK him, I have no problem taking him in the first. The good thing is, Ballard and the Chiefs have a history of doing their work in investigating players with troubled/questionable past and drafting them at a good point in the draft.

I don't expect our players to be saints. If our FO thinks he won't have problem keeping off drugs and staying on the field, I'd be the first to welcome him because he's hell of a talent. His pass-rush stats last two years are insane - he creates pressure on 27% of passing downs!!! I don't know if people understand just how good this is. The average for college pass-rusher is 10%. And I don't think he's as bad on running downs either. If he can stay on the field, I feel like he might be the best or second best pass-rusher in this class.

So yah... I guess all we can do right now is wait and see how Ballard and his team will evaluate him and the risks around him.

Looks like we agree after all lol. 

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:05 PM, The Peytonator said:

He's the guy I want right now, unless someone else pops out. Based on all accounts, the guy sounds like he's dumber than a box of rocks, so if we draft him I hope he goes the route of Tyrann Matthieu rather than Aaron Hernandez. It'd be great if Mathis sticks around the building to teach the young guys the art of the pass rush.

You absolutely CAN NOT compare a kid like Mathieu to a murderer. A kid getting caught for a bunch of stupid stuff is nothing like Aaron Hernandez who is a cold blooded killer.

9 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Exactly and people don't realize that probably over half the league use some type of drug from weed (who the heck cares about weed) to pain killers to Roids. Most are just smart enough to not get caught. Id's bet 1,000 bucks that at least close to 50% of the league uses some type of drug. Its not like Williams ever did anything. He didn't hurt anyone in anyway, steal anything, etc. Like you said no actual crimes. And yes in college basketball and every other sport players blaze all the time LOL. I had a few buddies who was good friends with some UK players when they were in college a couple years ago. He said a lot of the team smoked, some more than others, and one guy, (Not going to say a name, but a very big name who everyone would know of who is in the NBA) was always sitting in a corner at parties, and etc. with a flat billed hat pulled over his face smoking a blunt LOL. Its common place. People just don't realize it, and haven't come to accept it yet. Oh and I forgot about this. My same friends actually bought weed off a player on the UK football team LOL. And I seen some posters who was wanting this guy as a late rounder or UDFA a couple years ago LOL.

6 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

You absolutely CAN NOT compare a kid like Mathieu to a murderer. A kid getting caught for a bunch of stupid stuff is nothing like Aaron Hernandez who is a cold blooded killer.

I'm doing just the opposite. Both guys had character concerns coming out. One got his life together and has been among the best at his position, the other is in prison for the rest of his life. I'm not comparing what they did in college, just the vastly different routes they both chose after they were drafted. Aaron Hernandez represents the worst you can get, but there's a lot of room in between being a murderer and doing something stupid like Jonathan Newsome.