Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CR91 pre combine mock off-season

44 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

Zero blocking ability might have been a little harsh but if he wants big $$$ I hope we show him the door. No reason to have all this money invested in TEs 

There are key reasons why we'd bring Doyle back....

1st,  Chudzinski LOVES tight ends...

2nd,  Luck trusts him and goes to Doyle on key downs.

Those two alone are reasons enough....

But I don't think we'll have to worry about money.     I'm guessing roughly 4/22 or so.     That's very reasonable money for a tight end who plays a lot.

35 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

There are key reasons why we'd bring Doyle back....

1st,  Chudzinski LOVES tight ends...

2nd,  Luck trusts him and goes to Doyle on key downs.

Those two alone are reasons enough....

But I don't think we'll have to worry about money.     I'm guessing roughly 4/22 or so.     That's very reasonable money for a tight end who plays a lot.

I understand that and don't disagree with any of your points. The problem I have is all that money tied up in one position. If you look at average yearly salary and factor in a 4/22 for Doyle we would be spending close to what the Patriots do on their TE corps. That's insane. 

6 hours ago, SP_21 said:

I understand that and don't disagree with any of your points. The problem I have is all that money tied up in one position. If you look at average yearly salary and factor in a 4/22 for Doyle we would be spending close to what the Patriots do on their TE corps. That's insane. 

You're assuming we keep Allen for all four years of his contract.    And I don't think that's a slam dunk at this point.

If Allen and Doyle total 13 Million this year,   I'm OK with that.....   we'll worry about 2018 a year from now...

20 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Walden signed a 4-year contract with the Colts.     He was very poor his first year.

But he's actually been quite good his last 3-years.     He hasn't only been good this last year in a contract year to get another deal.      He was good in 15 and 14 too.       Only 13 was a poor year.

And, while I get he'll be 32 this season,  you can't purge an entire roster of anyone over 30.    There is always a need for some vets.    They don't have to be stars,  but they have to be solid on the field,  good in the clubhouse and provide leadership everywhere.

Here's the Key:   We're not going to fix every problem this team has in one off-season.    This is a multi-year fix.

If we can get better talent than Walden at a reasonable cost/price --- great.     I'm for it.

But if Walden wants to stay at a reasonable cost,  then I'm OK with that too.

I'll trust Ballard on this.     If he doesn't bring him back --- I'm fine with it.     But if he does bring him back --- I'm fine with it too.

I know we won't fix everything, but this is where you build your defense. Our front seven is awful, specifically on the edge. Edge should be #1 on priority list, at least #2. If we settle for good enough how are we ever going to improve? And I just dont believe Erik has been any good these last few years at all. He doesn't rush the passer well, doesn't play the run well, can't cover anybody in the NFL. IMO he's not even "good enough" to be a filler for a year or two, but I guess I have high standards for my Colts and I'm tired of being a laughing stock on D.

15 hours ago, CR91 said:

You need to actually watch games instead of looking at stats if you think Walden hasn't be productive and Doyle is not gonna take a discount when a team like the giants will probably give him 8-9 a year. 

Hahahaha miss me with that bull man. Tell me what Erik Walden does for a defense? Dont tell me he's a leader, he's a locker room guy, he's "consistent". Consistently terrible. Were the 30th ranked D in the league our front seven is the worst in the league, have the lowest pass rushing rate in the NFL, but hey that's just the stats bro so you don't care. "Erik Walden does things that dont show up on the stat sheet." What you mean he does the laundry?

15 hours ago, CR91 said:

You need to actually watch games instead of looking at stats if you think Walden hasn't be productive and Doyle is not gonna take a discount when a team like the giants will probably give him 8-9 a year. 

No way a team offers him close to 10 mil/yr. And how the giants ganna do that? After all the money they spent last year they'll be lucky just to re sign JPP. He's already stated he wants to stay, I think 6 mil/yr will be fine

17 hours ago, CR91 said:

Allen and Doyle both got about 7.4 Mill per year.     Both are far more accomplished than Doyle who has had exactly ONE good year.

What in the world makes you think ANY TEAM will pay Jack Doyle 8-9 Mill a year?      On what planet will this happen?

Spotrac has already come out with a projection, and it's right around where I put it.    Roughly Mid-5's to low 6's spread over 4 years.      Now, that's not a lock,  but it's at least a ballpark.

8-9 Million?    I'm not sure where you pulled this from,  but it's not even close...

10 hours ago, Tmoney said:

I know we won't fix everything, but this is where you build your defense. Our front seven is awful, specifically on the edge. Edge should be #1 on priority list, at least #2. If we settle for good enough how are we ever going to improve? And I just dont believe Erik has been any good these last few years at all. He doesn't rush the passer well, doesn't play the run well, can't cover anybody in the NFL. IMO he's not even "good enough" to be a filler for a year or two, but I guess I have high standards for my Colts and I'm tired of being a laughing stock on D.

Hahahaha miss me with that bull man. Tell me what Erik Walden does for a defense? Dont tell me he's a leader, he's a locker room guy, he's "consistent". Consistently terrible. Were the 30th ranked D in the league our front seven is the worst in the league, have the lowest pass rushing rate in the NFL, but hey that's just the stats bro so you don't care. "Erik Walden does things that dont show up on the stat sheet." What you mean he does the laundry?

again youre listing stats that any sports media outlet can dish out. go watch a game

10 hours ago, Tmoney said:

No way a team offers him close to 10 mil/yr. And how the giants ganna do that? After all the money they spent last year they'll be lucky just to re sign JPP. He's already stated he wants to stay, I think 6 mil/yr will be fine

giants arent gonna resign jpp and that was just one team that needs a TE

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Allen and Doyle both got about 7.4 Mill per year.     Both are far more accomplished than Doyle who has had exactly ONE good year.

What in the world makes you think ANY TEAM will pay Jack Doyle 8-9 Mill a year?      On what planet will this happen?

Spotrac has already come out with a projection, and it's right around where I put it.    Roughly Mid-5's to low 6's spread over 4 years.      Now, that's not a lock,  but it's at least a ballpark.

8-9 Million?    I'm not sure where you pulled this from,  but it's not even close...

its not unheard of. a lot of teams overspend on players they think will make a big impact on their team and put too much stock in what they did last season projecting them to be more then what they really are.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

its not unheard of. a lot of teams overspend on players they think will make a big impact on their team and put too much stock in what they did last season projecting them to be more then what they really are.

But they won't overspend this year.     No need to.     This is the best class of tight ends anyone has seen in a very long time.

I'm not saying Doyle is a 100% lock to return to the Colts.    But the number would be pretty high.

He should safely return to Indy.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

But they won't overspend this year.     No need to.     This is the best class of tight ends anyone has seen in a very long time.

I'm not saying Doyle is a 100% lock to return to the Colts.    But the number would be pretty high.

He should safely return to Indy.

I have no problem bringing him back, but we already paid Allen so I don't know if the colts are willing to dish out more money. Anything more then 5 and I doubt the colts will be interested.

On 2/10/2017 at 11:28 AM, SP_21 said:

Doesn`t that depend on how much production you get out of the position??
 Silly to base your point on average yearly salary!
  Allen makes $4, 937,000 in 2017 and $5M in 2018.
 Doyle plays a lot of FB too correct?? And he IS a very good blocker at it!!
 snaps
 Doyle 751
 Allen 612
  We do have the cap space to invest at that level for 2017.
 JMO, but our drafting an in line blocking type TE in 2018 makes a lot of sense, and moving on from Allen if he has any health issues.

9 hours ago, CR91 said:

again youre listing stats that any sports media outlet can dish out. go watch a game

9 hours ago, CR91 said:

giants arent gonna resign jpp and that was just one team that needs a TE

If you watch the Colts D and your satisfied with that pathetic group your a bum. Go be a browns fan if that's the level of football your willing to settle for. Go watch a game? * go gain some football knowledge. You can't even tell me what your boy Erik Walden does well, becuz its nothing. Idc who needs a TE he's not getting 8-9 mil/yr that's elite TE money. I love Jack, he has a lot to prove before he gets that type of dough. So we definitely disagree(:

10 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I like Cook as much as anybody, but we simply CANNOT draft another offensive player in the 1st round again, not with this defense.  Just IMHO.

Some of the names that have been tossed  around are Barrett and Solomon Thomas. Barrett I'm just not sold to and Thomas would have to learn to play standing next up

15 hours ago, CR91 said:

First no cursing. This is a family forum. Second you want me list things Walden does well, OK consistent pass rusher, solid tackler, and one of the best edge setters.

Yea your delusional. Let the kids see how stupid you are. Honestly the jaguars are more at your level take Erik with you

10 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Jags beat us

I know you must have been so proud of Blake Blowholes. Dont say us your not real. But aye at least Erik Walden showed up like he always does helped hold that AMAZING offense to 30 points!! Best OLB in football should've been All-Pro.

5 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

I know you must have been so proud of Blake Blowholes. Dont say us your not real. But aye at least Erik Walden showed up like he always does helped hold that AMAZING offense to 30 points!! Best OLB in football should've been All-Pro.

No not at all, but I won't entertain you anymore. Have a nice day. God bless