Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Mock Draft 3.0

9 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

You're ate up, and a lost cause. 

get over your self, smarter people than you have taken backs in the first, and it will happen again this year

you dont just draft for biggest need in the first round, you take the best player at a position of need

if the edge rushers and ruben foster are gone, than cook/LF could be the best value for us

id only go with a safety, dline or CB if all of the above are gone.  oline is in play too, especially if we can get the first one off the board

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

get over your self, smarter people than you have taken backs in the first, and it will happen again this year

you dont just draft for biggest need in the first round, you take the best player at a position of need

if the edge rushers and ruben foster are gone, than cook/LF could be the best value for us

id only go with a safety, dline or CB if all of the above are gone.  oline is in play too, especially if we can get the first one off the board

lmao I can't wait to tag you when we don't pick either of the running backs.

4 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

lmao I can't wait to tag you when we don't pick either of the running backs.

didnt say we will, im saying we could

lots of mocks have us taking one of them, im hardly the only one saying this

it also would not be unheard of for both of them to be gone.  the more i read about ballard, the more i think we might go oline too

On 2/5/2017 at 8:51 AM, Majin Vegeta said:

Seriously, we're not taking a damn running back in the 1st. Some of you guys are smoking the best chronic around I swear. 

I don't know why you're looking to pick a fight on this issue.

I can give you one name that ends this silliness of yours.      Zeke Elliott.      It's worked for the Cowboys two out of the last three years.      Once with Elliott and once with Murray.     A great offense with a dynamic running game takes the pressure off your defense.

It could happen with either Fournette of Cook.

I'm not for drafting either,  but the idea isn't as insane as you keep suggesting.

Take a chill pill on this....    it's a long road to the draft,  and we'll have wars if you keep looking for trouble....

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't know why you're looking to pick a fight on this issue.

I can give you one name that ends this silliness of yours.      Zeke Elliott.      It's worked for the Cowboys two out of the last three years.      Once with Elliott and once with Murray.     A great offense with a dynamic running game takes the pressure off your defense.

It could happen with either Fournette of Cook.

I'm not for drafting either,  but the idea isn't as insane as you keep suggesting.

Take a chill pill on this....    it's a long road to the draft,  and we'll have wars if you keep looking for trouble....

You're such a fruitloop. The Cowboys have such a better line and defense than the colts, what a dumb comparison. Dallas spend how many 1st rounders on defense before they picked Elliot last year? 

Miss me with your over dramatic posts.

58 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

You're such a fruitloop. The Cowboys have such a better line and defense than the colts, what a dumb comparison. Dallas spend how many 1st rounders on defense before they picked Elliot last year? 

Miss me with your over dramatic posts.

It isn't just the line.    They had the line in 2015, but they didn't have Murray and they didn't have Elliott.

The back they did have in 2015 was Darren McFadden, who had a decent season,  but not dominant.   As you'll recall,  the Cowboys had a very bad year.

Jones was very public about it.     A dominate back meant the defense was on the field for 12 less plays per game.      

I don't talk out of my rear end very often.     I really do have a good grasp on this.

And the point of my post --- which you clearly missed --- was to stop picking fights with people you disagree with,  especially when their point of view is NOT out of the mainstream.

It's not a good look for you to push back on that.....

Over dramatic is another way or you to say that you know you just got flattened.     Punt.....

If cook or fournette are BPA, you trade back and get a 2nd. Idc what formula you look up on-line that says its not the right value, a team like Detroit or giants probably would give up a 2nd for one of those backs. Which ever RB it is won't get past Philly, so if a team wants them you gotta give us what we want not what some bull formula says. This may be a stretch considering Ballard probably didn't make the Tyreke hill pick, but I'm keeping my hopes up we take Joe mixon. If Jim irsay tries to get in his way year 1 after how terrible his last GM was, Chris should walk out on him

56 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It isn't just the line.    They had the line in 2015, but they didn't have Murray and they didn't have Elliott.

The back they did have in 2015 was Darren McFadden, who had a decent season,  but not dominant.   As you'll recall,  the Cowboys had a very bad year.

Jones was very public about it.     A dominate back meant the defense was on the field for 12 less plays per game.      

I don't talk out of my rear end very often.     I really do have a good grasp on this.

And the point of my post --- which you clearly missed --- was to stop picking fights with people you disagree with,  especially when their point of view is NOT out of the mainstream.

It's not a good look for you to push back on that.....

Over dramatic is another way or you to say that you know you just got flattened.     Punt.....

I'll post that taking a RB in the 1st is dog dumb every day of the week you fruitloop. Like I said miss with me your multiple paragraph over dramatic jibberish.

1 hour ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I'll post that taking a RB in the 1st is dog dumb every day of the week you fruitloop. Like I said miss with me your multiple paragraph over dramatic jibberish.

I respectfully suggested you should stop picking fights.    And all you've done is tell me that picking fights is your God Given Right.    

Guess again,  fruit loop.

I've buried you under an avalanche of FACTS.      You've countered by looking for trouble.

See how well that works for you....

Steer clear of me..........    you can straighten up and fly right,  or take a big fall.      Your choice.

1 hour ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Do you mean to tell me that it hasn't even occurred to you that we are more in agreement than not?

I've publicly saying for months that I do NOT favor taking Fournette or Cook,  that I want defense for the first three rounds and a RB in the 4th round.       

So, you see,  we agree on more than we disagree.

Where we part company is that I've said I won't freak out if the new GM takes Fournette or Cook.   That both are top players,  clearly higher than pick 14,  and worth taking if they're there.     They are NOT my choice.    But it's not an unreasonable pick.

You might want to think this through AGAIN before you keep trying to start a fight with people....

By the way,  what you call "dramatic gibberish"  I call the "English Language."      You should learn it sometime...

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Do you mean to tell me that it hasn't even occurred to you that we are more in agreement than not?

I've publicly saying for months that I do NOT favor taking Fournette or Cook,  that I want defense for the first three rounds and a RB in the 4th round.       

So, you see,  we agree on more than we disagree.

Where we part company is that I've said I won't freak out if the new GM takes Fournette or Cook.   That both are top players,  clearly higher than pick 14,  and worth taking if they're there.     They are NOT my choice.    But it's not an unreasonable pick.

You might want to think this through AGAIN before you keep trying to start a fight with people....

By the way,  what you call "dramatic gibberish"  I call the "English Language."      You should learn it sometime...

Yes because I've been speaking Spanish this whole time right.. seriously your posts are just loaded down with annoying jibberish. They don't make your points hit home any harder. 

Please quote me where I said I would "freak out" if we pick a rb.

Also quote where I picked a fight(telling someone they smoke weed isn't a fight lmao)

And your mountain of facts? What facts? You compared us to the Cowboys. They have multiple(plural) good starters on defense. We don't have one 1st round pick on defense, they do.

They were in place to take a rb in the 1st, we are not. Completely different and not even comparable situations.

2 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Yes because I've been speaking Spanish this whole time right.. seriously your posts are just loaded down with annoying jibberish. They don't make your points hit home any harder. 

Also quote where I picked a fight(telling someone they smoke weed isn't a fight lmao)

And your mountain of facts? What facts? You compared us to the Cowboys. They have multiple(plural) good starters on defense. We don't have one 1st round pick on defense, they have multiple. 

They were in place to take a rb in the 1st, we are not. Completely different and not even comparable situations.

Does Dallas have a stacked D tho? Or did they just play up to the level of their offense. I like Byron Jones, Mo Claiborne, and dam Sean Lee is greatness. What else they got tho? A lot of unknowns who play pretty nice, but I wouldn't call these guys studs. Now you didn't either so I won't put words in your mouth, but I think Dallas gets gassed up on D. They had the stats this year sure they where top 10 I think, but I dont see them as an elite D. 

16 minutes ago, I'm mad, bro said:

Does Dallas have a stacked D tho? Or did they just play up to the level of their offense. I like Byron Jones, Mo Claiborne, and dam Sean Lee is greatness. What else they got tho? A lot of unknowns who play pretty nice, but I wouldn't call these guys studs. Now you didn't either so I won't put words in your mouth, but I think Dallas gets gassed up on D. They had the stats this year sure they where top 10 I think, but I dont see them as an elite D. 

I didn't say they had a stacked D. I said they have put resources towards their defense and oline before taking a running back on the first. We have not. 

Not even a comparison. 

Seriously what isn't there to get about that? I'd argue Dallas has a better defense in literally every position. You named 3 good players off the top of your head. What about Irving? Lawrence? Hitchens better than our ilb, they have a 1st rd ilb Jaylon who will play for them. Plus their oline also has more talent. 

How many can you name from our defense? Vontae when he's healthy? Cause Clairborne(another 1st rounder on their defense) played better than he did this year too.

Where are our high resources on defense? Is TJ green our highest with a 2nd round pick? A #ing project?

14 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I didn't say they had a stacked D. I said they have put resources towards their defense and oline before taking a running back on the first. We have not. 

Not even a comparison. 

Seriously what isn't there to get about that? I'd argue Dallas has a better defense in literally every position. You named 3 good players off the top of your head. What about Irving? Lawrence? Hitchens better than our ilb, they have a 1st rd ilb Jaylon who will play for them. Plus their oline also has more talent. 

How many can you name from our defense? Vontae when he's healthy? Cause Clairborne(another 1st rounder on their defense) played better than he did this year too.

Where are our high resources on defense? Is TJ green our highest with a 2nd round pick? A #ing project?

I'm just talking D forget there sorry ass o-line. I'll give you Irving he slipped my mind, and nothing more. Lawrence gives them an inconsistent pass rush which yes is better then us but come on were pathetic. Hitchens? Yo who? #59? That guys a bum! haha nah he's alright but come on fam dont give me a name like hitchens. That's like saying nah we alright we got Edwin Jackson. Jaylon was a 2nd and also hasn't even suited up sooooo Yea. I wouldn't even say Vontae is elite anymore, we have dog %. The Cowboys have a lot of wholes but they not bleeding out like us.

Just now, I'm mad, bro said:

I'm just talking D forget there sorry ass o-line. I'll give you Irving he slipped my mind, and nothing more. Lawrence gives them an inconsistent pass rush which yes is better then us but come on were pathetic. Hitchens? Yo who? #59? That guys a bum! haha nah he's alright but come on fam dont give me a name like hitchens. That's like saying nah we alright we got Edwin Jackson. Jaylon was a 2nd and also hasn't even suited up sooooo Yea. I wouldn't even say Vontae is elite anymore, we have dog %. The Cowboys have a lot of wholes but they not bleeding out like us.

? So they have two 1st rounders and multiple 2nd rounders? That was my point? Because we dont?!

They've put high resources to the #ing defense before taking a halfback in the 1st.

??

Jones, Clairborn, Irving, Lee, Lawrence, Smith. All names off the top of my head. We have ONE. OUR HIGHEST RESOURCE ON defense is a PROJECT 2ND round safety. Ffs.

Like you have no argument at all.

10 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

And your mountain of facts? What facts? You compared us to the Cowboys. They have multiple(plural) good starters on defense. We don't have one 1st round pick on defense, they do.

I simply pointed out that there is another way to improve your defense other than drafting a defensive player.

That taking the right running back to balance out your offense takes pressure off the defense.    That for two of the last 3 years Dallas has done this with DeMarco Murry and now Ezekiel Elliott and the result was Dallas' defense was on the field for roughly 12 fewer snaps per game.      Those are facts.

And all you could say to anyone who disagreed is that they were crazy and smoking weed and on and on.

As for anything else,  we can just agree to disagree and try to avoid each other.

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I simply pointed out that there is another way to improve your defense other than drafting a defensive player.

That taking the right running back to balance out your offense takes pressure off the defense.    That for two of the last 3 years Dallas has done this with DeMarco Murry and now Ezekiel Elliott and the result was Dallas' defense was on the field for roughly 12 fewer snaps per game.      Those are facts.

And all you could say to anyone who disagreed is that they were crazy and smoking weed and on and on.

As for anything else,  we can just agree to disagree and try to avoid each other.

Your fruitloop status is off the charts now. You're the one that quoted me because you thought my marijuana comment was picking a fight, then you say you're gonna end my argument with one word: Ezekiel Elliott

Lmaoooooooooooooooo. Dumbest thing ive read in a fat minute. And actually i had alot to say! Not just the chronic comment. I'll copy and paste again since you ignored it:

And your mountain of facts? What facts? You compared us to the Cowboys. They have multiple(plural) good starters on defense. We don't. We don't have one 1st round pick on defense, they have multiple. (plural) They have used high resources on defense. We haven't. 

*I'd love if you avoided me btw. 

2 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Your fruitloop status is off the charts now. You're the one that quoted me because you thought my marijuana comment was picking a fight, then you say you're gonna end my argument with one word: Ezekiel Elliott

Lmaoooooooooooooooo. Dumbest thing ive read in a fat minute. And actually i had alot to say! Not just the chronic comment. I'll copy and paste again since you ignored it:

And your mountain of facts? What facts? You compared us to the Cowboys. They have multiple(plural) good starters on defense. We don't. We don't have one 1st round pick on defense, they have multiple. (plural) They have used high resources on defense. 

OK......    you've now demonstrated that this whole discussion is completely over your head.

Clearly I've given you WAY too much respect and credit.     A mistake I will not repeat.

Please,   in all honesty,  please put me on IGNORE!!      Pass right by my fruit loop posts with all the big words that go over your head and annoy you.        Ignore me.       I can't be more straight forward or direct.

You're not what I thought you were.    My bad.

Good bye.            :peek:

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

OK......    you've now demonstrated that this whole discussion is completely over your head.

Clearly I've given you WAY too much respect and credit.     A mistake I will not repeat.

Please,   in all honesty,  please put me on IGNORE!!      Pass right by my fruit loop posts with all the big words that go over your head and annoy you.        Ignore me.       I can't be more straight forward or direct.

You're not what I thought you were.    My bad.

Good bye.            :peek:

That couldn't have been more dramatic :lol: and you obviously lost that debate you tried to start lmao.

On 2/7/2017 at 6:45 AM, Majin Vegeta said:

? So they have two 1st rounders and multiple 2nd rounders? That was my point? Because we dont?!

They've put high resources to the #ing defense before taking a halfback in the 1st.

??

Jones, Clairborn, Irving, Lee, Lawrence, Smith. All names off the top of my head. We have ONE. OUR HIGHEST RESOURCE ON defense is a PROJECT 2ND round safety. Ffs.

Like you have no argument at all.

My 1 and only argument is that the Dallas D is gassed up. Are they better then us yessss! 30 of 32 teams are on D, but Im saying Dallas is over rated on that side of the ball.

I can't believe people are trying to use Dallas again as comparison/justification for us potentially drafting a RB ... it makes no sense. Their roster is equal to or better than ours at every position except for QB, and their OL is the best in the league, which they have invested significant resources in ... which made drafting a RB at least  a reasonable option.  The Colts are in no where near the same situation as the Cowboys when they took Elliott. Some people need to get their RB man love in check ... there will be a "shiny new" RB or two every year to fall in love with.

2 hours ago, esmort said:

I can't believe people are trying to use Dallas again as comparison/justification for us potentially drafting a RB ... it makes no sense. Their roster is equal to or better than ours at every position except for QB, and their OL is the best in the league, which they have invested significant resources in ... which made drafting a RB at least  a reasonable option.  The Colts are in no where near the same situation as the Cowboys when they took Elliott. Some people need to get their RB man love in check ... there will be a "shiny new" RB or two every year to fall in love with.

Just like  "shiny new"  ER's too. 

^^ Just realized you were abbreviating Edge Rusher... Since I never advocated specifically for edge rusher and given your previous comments about knocking teeth out (I believe that was you if not sorry), ER just didn't click.  My bad... Apologies. 

... Although since you bring it up it will be much easier to find good RBs than good defense/edge rushers in later rounds and/or future drafts. 

45 minutes ago, esmort said:

^^ Just realized you were abbreviating Edge Rusher... Since I never advocated specifically for edge rusher and given your previous comments about knocking teeth out (I believe that was you if not sorry), ER just didn't click.  My bad... Apologies. 

... Although since you bring it up it will be much easier to find good RBs than good defense/edge rushers in later rounds and/or future drafts. 

No big deal and no apologies needed.  I have to think through the abbreviations too.  Just to let you know I wasn't the poster talking about knocking teeth out.  Pretty hard to keep everybody straight with all the volume on this board.