Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock draft

1st round: trade back mid 20s for an extra 2nd....TJ Watt. Perfect scheme fit instant impact player who hopefully doesn't rise to high up draft boards

2nd round: Zach Cunningham. Some may argue that theres no way he'll be there, but I think he could get slept on simply because of the extreme depth of this draft and his frame/fundamental errors.

2nd round: Derek Rivers. Small school edge that some ppl may not know. By the time April comes around you will all have heard about this freak of nature. Played against lesser competition but please go watch his film and tell me he's not NFL ready. I expect him to run really well at the combine, so he's ganna rocket up draft boards.

3rd round: Rasoul Douglas. I honestly think, whether its douglas, king, king, elder, lewis, monreau, awuzia, Sutton, that a very talented corner will fall to the 3rd.

4th: Jamal Williams. Like at corner, this draft has a lot of quality RB. Jamal is the best mid round back IMO, but that might mean he's gone. 

4th: Lorenzo Jerome. Another small school guy, I love his ball skills and versatility. He can play deep safety and he can play nickel and has showed it in All-Star games already

5th: Ejuan price. Ejuan had a ton if college production and looked great at Pitt. I've read a lot that his frame (5'11)is making his draft stock plummet. That being said, as a situational pass-rusher he could be great value.

6th: Freddie Stevenson. Whoever drafts dalvin might get him, but I'd love him blocking for Frank then eventually a young RB. Hes a natural athlete who shows good patience, finds the right hole for his running back, then destroys everything in sight. Can do things with the ball in his hands as well. Were known for not using FBs, but his phyiscal blocking style could be just what our run game needs

7 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

1st round: trade back mid 20s for an extra 2nd....TJ Watt. Perfect scheme fit instant impact player who hopefully doesn't rise to high up draft boards

2nd round: Zach Cunningham. Some may argue that theres no way he'll be there, but I think he could get slept on simply because of the extreme depth of this draft and his frame/fundamental errors.

2nd round: Derek Rivers. Small school edge that some ppl may not know. By the time April comes around you will all have heard about this freak of nature. Played against lesser competition but please go watch his film and tell me he's not NFL ready. I expect him to run really well at the combine, so he's ganna rocket up draft boards.

3rd round: Rasoul Douglas. I honestly think, whether its douglas, king, king, elder, lewis, monreau, awuzia, Sutton, that a very talented corner will fall to the 3rd.

4th: Jamal Williams. Like at corner, this draft has a lot of quality RB. Jamal is the best mid round back IMO, but that might mean he's gone. 

4th: Lorenzo Jerome. Another small school guy, I love his ball skills and versatility. He can play deep safety and he can play nickel and has showed it in All-Star games already

5th: Ejuan price. Ejuan had a ton if college production and looked great at Pitt. I've read a lot that his frame (5'11)is making his draft stock plummet. That being said, as a situational pass-rusher he could be great value.

6th: Freddie Stevenson. Whoever drafts dalvin might get him, but I'd love him blocking for Frank then eventually a young RB. Hes a natural athlete who shows good patience, finds the right hole for his running back, then destroys everything in sight. Can do things with the ball in his hands as well. Were known for not using FBs, but his phyiscal blocking style could be just what our run game needs

You want a job? Were hiring

It would be more realistic to switch your first two picks. Cunningham is definitely a 1st round player while Watt should go in the 2nd. 

Watt may go in the 1st and if that happens I hope he doesn't go to the Colts. His knee injuries are worrisome. 

I dont like Jamaal Williams. He did not impress me when watching film. 

According to the Pick Value Chart, in order to pick up an extra 2 (provided we pick 14th), would take us back to around #21 ish.

I like most of the picks.

You're reaching for Watt. He's a talent but I cant see him going day 1 right now. If he blows up the combine and his Pro Day, we'll see. I think there will be guys like McKinley and Charles Harris still around at that point. I think at this point McKinley is the most polished with the highest ceiling, along with a good scheme fit.  

Cunningham would have to be our 1st pick rather than a mid 2. He'll probably be the 2nd ILB off the board. I'll admit i'm not completely sold on him yet though. I need to see more.

Rivers is interesting. I took your advice earlier in the week and watched some tape. From what I can see, I like him. He is very fast and creates pressure, especially when playing more of a wide 9 rather than right over the tackle. When he is allowed to get a good step off the snap, the OT often struggles to control him off the edge. He is very hit and miss against the run and would be going up massively in competition when he hits the bigs. Although his biggest boon is his motor. He is relentless. I think he'll be relegated to a situational rushing role while he puts a few more arrows in his quiver, but the 1 or 2 he already has are quite effective. He looks like he'll run well at the combine and will up his stock. At this point I would be loathed to spend a 2 on him, purely because he's a big risk. If he is still there he represents good value in the 4th for us. But in the 2nd I think he is a luxury pick. I think a team that is already contending and just needs depth and a few nice pieces will draft him on day 2.

Most everything else I like. I think you're bang on about the corner class. There will be some good talent that makes it to round 3. I think the 4th is a good spot for an RB, any of Jamal Williams, Corey Clement, Dont'a Foreman, Brian Hill, Kareem Hunt or Wayne Gallman all have a shot to be around in the 4th I think. Ejuan Price is good shout around there, although I think he might get taken a smidgen higher. I like the idea of the FB. Gore loves a good FB, but Chud doesn't use a FB, so I can't see it happening. Keep an eye out for a late round WR instead. Maybe a Josh Malone or someone as Dorsett insurance.

Nice job :thmup:

Tough to take TJ Watt over Charles Harris. It appears as though TJ Watt will be available in the second round, but it is early. 

I like the Derek Rivers pick, but (currently) not in the second round. He seems like he will be a great sleeper pick on Day 3. But if he tears up the combine, who knows. 

3 minutes ago, Manning1887 said:

Tough to take TJ Watt over Charles Harris. It appears as though TJ Watt will be available in the second round, but it is early. 

I'm not particularly keen on Watt in a 3-4/Nickel hybrid system anyway. I think he's a 4-3 end so I'm not sure where OP sees him as a perfect scheme fit. I'd be interested in hearing more there.

The way things are playing out here early in the evaluation process, I think Harris or McKinley are better fits.

10 hours ago, SP_21 said:

It would be more realistic to switch your first two picks. Cunningham is definitely a 1st round player while Watt should go in the 2nd. 

Watt may go in the 1st and if that happens I hope he doesn't go to the Colts. His knee injuries are worrisome. 

I dont like Jamaal Williams. He did not impress me when watching film. 

My reasons for having them opposite are like this. Yes his knee injuries are not good, but we saw a whole season of him playing great on them. The main reasons are I do expect him to tear up the combine and ultimately he is the most versatile, best all around 3-4 OLB besides Myles Garrett in this draft. About Cunningham, he's a great athlete, but I think he's dropped to the 4th ILB in this class. Jarrad as def surpassed Zach, and I also think raekwon does too. If McMillan runs better then Zach he's easily going over him. Then just the general depth of this class could push a number of 1st round talents back. Either McMillan or Cunningham with that 2nd pick

9 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

According to the Pick Value Chart, in order to pick up an extra 2 (provided we pick 14th), would take us back to around #21 ish.

I like most of the picks.

You're reaching for Watt. He's a talent but I cant see him going day 1 right now. If he blows up the combine and his Pro Day, we'll see. I think there will be guys like McKinley and Charles Harris still around at that point. I think at this point McKinley is the most polished with the highest ceiling, along with a good scheme fit.  

Cunningham would have to be our 1st pick rather than a mid 2. He'll probably be the 2nd ILB off the board. I'll admit i'm not completely sold on him yet though. I need to see more.

Rivers is interesting. I took your advice earlier in the week and watched some tape. From what I can see, I like him. He is very fast and creates pressure, especially when playing more of a wide 9 rather than right over the tackle. When he is allowed to get a good step off the snap, the OT often struggles to control him off the edge. He is very hit and miss against the run and would be going up massively in competition when he hits the bigs. Although his biggest boon is his motor. He is relentless. I think he'll be relegated to a situational rushing role while he puts a few more arrows in his quiver, but the 1 or 2 he already has are quite effective. He looks like he'll run well at the combine and will up his stock. At this point I would be loathed to spend a 2 on him, purely because he's a big risk. If he is still there he represents good value in the 4th for us. But in the 2nd I think he is a luxury pick. I think a team that is already contending and just needs depth and a few nice pieces will draft him on day 2.

Most everything else I like. I think you're bang on about the corner class. There will be some good talent that makes it to round 3. I think the 4th is a good spot for an RB, any of Jamal Williams, Corey Clement, Dont'a Foreman, Brian Hill, Kareem Hunt or Wayne Gallman all have a shot to be around in the 4th I think. Ejuan Price is good shout around there, although I think he might get taken a smidgen higher. I like the idea of the FB. Gore loves a good FB, but Chud doesn't use a FB, so I can't see it happening. Keep an eye out for a late round WR instead. Maybe a Josh Malone or someone as Dorsett insurance.

Nice job :thmup:

Interesting I'm glad that it actually makes sense as far as getting an extra 2nd while staying in the early 20s!! I'll say I love me some takk and that's def a great alternative. Why I like TJ Watt a Lil better I'm sure you already know, the versatility of this man!! Yes injuries, but if he does blow up the combine like I do suspect I think he's easily the best 3-4 OLB behind Myles. Why I think Cunningham ultimately falls by April is more becuz I think jarrad and raekwon impress more. I have him as my 4th ILB, but either him or McMillan at that pick I'm all about it. McMillan needs to lose 10-15 pounds, if he's smart he's doing it rn so he can run well. Yeaaaa buddy you likey Derek rivers huh?!? Listen I totally agree it seems wayyyyyy too high at this point to take a small school guy in the 2nd, but uyyy I think hes the combine warrior this year. Yes the competition he goes against at Youngstown st. is a joke, but he makes them look like a joke like he should. But if hes projected as more of a 3rd, I'll take a CB at bottom of the 2nd. CBs looking good this year maaaan!! I know we need to upgrade, but I'm with you wait it out get the best bang for your buck. Adding a RB is pretty crucial IMO, as much as I respect frank he's no where near the same frank that will be a hall of famer some day. Andrew needs help from a young buck that will actually give him production. Your so right about dumb butt chud neglecting the FB, and any OC we've ever had ever. But man Im still hoping he's out the door with a new GM, we need to stop being the most predictable, one sided offense in the league. Thanks for the feedback big dog, bleed blue

8 hours ago, Manning1887 said:

I like the Derek Rivers pick, but (currently) not in the second round. He seems like he will be a great sleeper pick on Day 3. But if he tears up the combine, who knows. 

Charles is a great prospect, but give me TJ all day!! Charles is a better pass rusher rn but not nearly as versatile as Watt. It is very early, but this is with me assuming he tears up the combine. I would not be mad at taking Charles at all, but I think by April TJ is the better prospect. You could be very right about Derek, I just have a bad feeling a team will take him late 2nd, or earlier in the 3rd then we could. Just looking at size and athleticism he's the most interesting edge prospect outside of Myles garret, and I think Derek destroys the combine. Either way it's all for the shoe baby!!

8 hours ago, BCoop said:

I'm not particularly keen on Watt in a 3-4/Nickel hybrid system anyway. I think he's a 4-3 end so I'm not sure where OP sees him as a perfect scheme fit. I'd be interested in hearing more there.

The way things are playing out here early in the evaluation process, I think Harris or McKinley are better fits.

TJ Watt primarily played in a 3-4 this year at Wisconsin with his hands out of the dirt. He showed he has versatility to rush passer from 2 point stance and also drop into shallow zones. Not saying man him up on TEs and RBs, but the most versatile and complete edge guy this year IMO. He could play in a 4-3, but would excellent in a 3-4. Watch a Lil more tape on my guy, that being said if we take takk in the same scenario, I'm not complaining one bit!

Wyatt is a reach in the first taking him over guys like McKinley Williams Lawson Harris and those are just Edge players The kids not top 25. 

Cunningham goes in the 1st and Rivers is another reach. Look at where the small school guys went last year in a weak class. 

Price I'm not sure why everyone is taking him not a fan. I'd rather take a chance on JoJo Mathis or Augusta and then we draft a FB another perfect scheme fit. 

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

Wyatt is a reach in the first taking him over guys like McKinley Williams Lawson Harris and those are just Edge players The kids not top 25. 

Cunningham goes in the 1st and Rivers is another reach. Look at where the small school guys went last year in a weak class. 

Price I'm not sure why everyone is taking him not a fan. I'd rather take a chance on JoJo Mathis or Augusta and then we draft a FB another perfect scheme fit. 

Oh dear lord you really said Carl Lawson, you poor soul. Tim williams? You mean randy Gregory? Charles Harris is a good pass rusher, he's got nothing else for me. I love me some takk don't have a problem going either or, but TJ watt can do everything in a 3-4 and would be great in our D. Cunningham is a great prospect but as a ton of flaws. He arm tackles everybody and like in the game vs Tennessee against a NFL RB prospect, he missed at least 5 tackles. He leaves his feet while tackling doesn't run through. To me he's the 4th ILB, I'll take McMillan or Davis who's ganna be there? Since you know Zach's going 1st. Idc what any other small school guy did last year becuz they weren't Derek rivers. Like I said go watch the tape and eat your words my friend. Joe Mathis shouldn't be there in the 5th, if he is give me him over ejuan. And aaaaa yes a perfect scheme fit right? What a *. haha hey sorry I'm smarter then our OC and I know how to improve the run game