Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Romo Will Play This Sunday

King Colt

So Romo will get some snaps this Sunday, watch the media flood their air time with this story. It will be discussed over and over and over until nausea takes control. The media still does not understand the fans of the Cowboys are the only ones that care about them and their soap operas.

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

So Romo will get some snaps this Sunday, watch the media flood their air time with this story. It will be discussed over and over and over until nausea takes control. The media still does not understand the fans of the Cowboys are the only ones that care about them and their soap operas.

If that were true.  They wouldn't put it on tv.   The fact that you started a thread about it proves that people do care.  Whether they love it or hate,  the networks don't care.   Ratings are ratings

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Cared so little about it you got on the internet and typed up a post to vent your frustration. Sounds like somebody cares...even if you hate them it's stil on your mind so much you had to go out of your way to tell us all about it.

I say, what's the point, why? What's the rational behind this decision, is it so in case the Cowboys win the Super Bowl, they can say Romo had a hand during the regular season b/c he played one series and  to merit some accolades in being part of winning.  The funny part or sad part about it is, what happens if he loses this game, since it is a meaning less game.  If I was Romo, I wouldn't even consider it, about going to play, etc...Just move on to the next team in 2017 like Manning did, and perhaps you could say that you won something on your merit and not being a back up to a Rookie....

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Cared so little about it you got on the internet and typed up a post to vent your frustration. Sounds like somebody cares...even if you hate them it's stil on your mind so much you had to go out of your way to tell us all about it.

Yes, I went way out of my way, it's devastating to type four lines. Truly a misguided reply to the OP.

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

If that were true.  They wouldn't put it on tv.   The fact that you started a thread about it proves that people do care.  Whether they love it or hate,  the networks don't care.   Ratings are ratings

You are correct on the rating note but I think more of what it proves is the media love for America's Team born when Staubach took over is simply unjustified as it fills time on the air when other teams and issue far out weigh anything going on with the Cowboys. I do not hate the Cowboys in fact, I like them but I want information about the league and other teams and other players when I turn on the boob tube. Let's just pay attention now to the pregame shows and how much time is dedicated to the Romo situation and I'll guarantee it will be number one on the list of items covered on that program just like it has been all year long. Wait and see.

If they want Tony Romo to be the backup in the post-season, they have to get him out there a little..

...They probably need to get old Mark Sanchez out there, too.

..No need to play tour staring QB after you have clinched everything you can clinch

(Unless you're going for an undefeated regular season, of course)

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

You are correct on the rating note but I think more of what it proves is the media love for America's Team born when Staubach took over is simply unjustified as it fills time on the air when other teams and issue far out weigh anything going on with the Cowboys. I do not hate the Cowboys in fact, I like them but I want information about the league and other teams and other players when I turn on the boob tube. Let's just pay attention now to the pregame shows and how much time is dedicated to the Romo situation and I'll guarantee it will be number one on the list of items covered on that program just like it has been all year long. Wait and see.

And anyone with half a brain will shrug it off because they know Dallas has nothing to play for, the commentators included. Its not that big a story and i highly doubt you will hear anyone talking about Romo trying to win his job back on the air.

7 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

I say, what's the point, why? What's the rational behind this decision, is it so in case the Cowboys win the Super Bowl, they can say Romo had a hand during the regular season b/c he played one series and  to merit some accolades in being part of winning.  The funny part or sad part about it is, what happens if he loses this game, since it is a meaning less game.  If I was Romo, I wouldn't even consider it, about going to play, etc...Just move on to the next team in 2017 like Manning did, and perhaps you could say that you won something on your merit and not being a back up to a Rookie....

It's because they have the number one seed locked up,  and he is the backup.    

8 hours ago, King Colt said:

Yes, I went way out of my way, it's devastating to type four lines. Truly a misguided reply to the OP.

If you truly didn't care you would have typed 3 lines or less. haha   haha 

Seriously though, the cowboys are gunning for a super bowl and a sharp Romo may give them the best chance. Especially if Dak or their great running game stalls. Dak has played well but he is still a rookie qb and may start to feel the pressure. It's smart giving Romo all the play they can til the playoffs.

9 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

Romo is clearly starting because they're resting starters. 

Dallas is 13-2, and Atlanta is 10-5 and Seattle is 9-5-1 so Dallas has the #1 seed locked up. No need to risk unneeded injuries to your main starters in a meaningless game. 

Resting starters is the smart thing to do....Just look at Oakland who didn't rest Carr in a game they were up 33-14 in the 4th quarter and still throwing the ball. 

9 hours ago, Hi-Tek said:

What is the point?

Jerry Jones is the biggest meddling lunatic in the history of the world.

To rest starters? 

The 49ers brought Joe Montana out in week 17 of the 1992 season. They were 13-2 going into the game, same record Dallas has right now. Meaningless game for the Niners since win or lose, they had the #1 seed locked up that year. 

Regardless who you have as a backup, it's smart to rest starters. Dallas isn't bringing Romo out for anything but to rest Dak and the rest of their starters. 

Then start Sanchez for this meaningless game instead of Romo, evidently he needs it more, he'll never be a starter on any teams.  The cowboys can afford to to do this, and won't hurt Sanchez status on being a back up.  On the other hand, Romo should just sit and contact his agent that he's out of Dallas at end of the season.....He's not getting any younger, and he still can help other teams get over the hump...he's still has some quality skills left to be competitive.....I know what your saying but, Dallas should show some respect to the man, they've already anointed the two rookies as their future for the franchise.