Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Green Bay (-3 1/2) at Detroit (1-1-17)

oldunclemark

8:25 EST...Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth and Michelle Tafoya

inside Ford Field............ over-under 52 

......winner take all......the winner of the final game of the season wins the NFC North and get s a home game

Packers star Aaron Rodgers (374 of 571, 4,128 yards, 36 TDs and just 7 interceptions) has been sacked 36 times but he has also run 57 times for 327 yards and 4 TDs.

WR Jordy Nelson (91 catches, 1,191 yards) leads the NFL with 14 pass catch TDs but teammate DeVonate Adams (69 catches, 966 yards, 10 TDs) averages 14 yards a catch.

Packers have 37 QB sacks and 16 interceptions. GB allows just 95 yards rushing a game but that is deceptive as they allow almost 270 yards passing per game.

GB 'Big 88' Ty Montgomery has 69 carries (413 yards) and 41 receptions (331 yards)

Detroit QB Matthew Stafford (362 of 553, 3,980 yards 22 Tds, 9 INTs)  has been sacked 35 times and he is playing with a dislocated finger but he'll be throwing to Golden "Goldfingers" Tate, who has gained 1,000 yards on 85 catches.  Lions HB Theo Riddick (92 carries, 357 yards and 53 catches for 371 yards) has missed time  recently but will play Sunday.  The Lions average just 3.8 per rush. 

Stafford has eight 4th quarter comeback wins but that's not a great stat...It means that in eight fo the Lions' nine wins, they trailed in the fourth quarter.

Eight of nine Detroit wins are by 7 points or less..

Atlanta would hold a tie breaker over GB due to a 33-32 win 9 weeks ago...

If Atlanta (10-5) and Detroit (10-5) finish as 10-6 division champs,..I'm not sure who would win a the breakers.

Lions have never played in the Super Bowl and have not finished in first place in this century but they are 15-8 since a 1-7 start last year.

The over-under seems too low for defensively challenged teams with pass happy QBs.

I think spread is tricky....I can see the Packers winning by 3 and an OT game wlil obviously almost certainly be a 3-point decision.

If I  'the boys' were coming to visit me Monday.................... the one QB I'd want to bet on Sunday to get even would be Aaron Rodgers.

The 'over' is the best bet but I would not go against GB here

3 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

I will retract my comments about the Lions now. This division is mediocre city. It gets a free pass over the NFC South because Rodgers is in it and because some team was 6-0 or something weeks ago.

Well it's not the NFC East of course, but it's nowhere compared the AFC South. 

2 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

*AFC South

They play the Giants which should spell their doom but I have a feeling the Giants will fall because nobody wins them all no matter how many times they've had the other's number. See 49ers/Packers 98 when the shoe was on the other foot.

Packers are heavily due to beat the Giants. If they are going to then this is "the time". If the Packers don't do it this time then I don't know when they will........

The NFC looks pretty good right now for GB if they can get past the Giants hurdle. However going to Dallas I think has been troublesome for the Packers too.

The Packers have to battle the NFC East basically..........which yeah won't be easy.

O gawd yes...historically the Cowboys are the Packer's kryptonite, more than the Giants, 21st century 49ers and Seahawks. The Cowboys were to Favre what the Patriots were to Manning...times 1000. That was another lifetime though. I think beating the Giants and Seahawks would be beat bigger upset.