Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Cards are up 6-3. Cubs beat the Mets tonight and have a little cushion on that final wildcard spot. Phillies lost as well which helps the Cubs. I still hope the Cubs win the division but I do not see it. As long as we make the playoffs I will be happy.

3 games not much with this many left to play . Lol seen the Cards pass the Reds I believe from 8 or 9 back with this many left.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jay Kirk said:

3 games not much with this many left to play

Cubs and Cards still play 7 times but I see those games offsetting one another. Like a 4-3 whovever wins the series. Cards just beat the Brewers, Brewers losing actually helps the Cubs. That was close though Jay, Brewers were an inch away from hitting a 3 run HR, Fowler made a heck of a catch. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs and Cards still play 7 times but I see those games offsetting one another. Like a 4-3 whovever wins the series. Cards just beat the Brewers, Brewers losing actually helps the Cubs. That was close though Jay, Brewers were an inch away from hitting a 3 run HR, Fowler made a heck of a catch. 

Yep still counts , Brewers really needed that one , they face Flaherty tomorrow.:spit:

5 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yep still counts , Brewers really needed that one , they face Flaherty tomorrow.:spit:

I smell a sweep by the Cards coming. I am glad to see the Brewers struggling after the way their fanbase acted all of last year. I am ok with the Cards winning the division because IMO they are a tad better than the Cubs anyway. I thought last season the Brewers were a fluke. They won a lot of games last season with unreal walkoffs and teams giving them games by making silly error's and blowing leads. Not happening this season though :banana:

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I smell a sweep by the Cards coming. I am glad to see the Brewers struggling after the way their fanbase acted all of last year. I am ok with the Cards winning the division because IMO they are a tad better than the Cubs anyway. I thought last season the Brewers were a fluke. They won a lot of games last season with unreal walkoffs and teams giving them games by making silly error's and blowing leads. Not happening this season though :banana:

:lol: Cards have won 8 of last 9 from Brewers , seem to have their number . Key keeping Yelich in check.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Many Cubs fans hate the Cards, I actually respect them because they have won 11 WS and 2 recently in 2006 and 2011. I have no respect for the Brewers or their fanbase, that is the difference. The Cubs won a WS in 2016 gaining everyone's respect, Brewers have never won 1 so there is that. 

Cubs and Cards fans are really for most part very respecting towards each other. May not like other team but that's respect of a competitive nature , its called rivalry.

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

Cubs and Cards fans are really for most part very respecting towards each other.

I agree. The Cubs winning the WS in 2016 really helped just to gain the respect of Cards fans. I work with a Cards fan and on his way out today he said 3 games ahead and smiled haha . We always have fun with it. When the Cubs won the WS in 2016, he actually cracked a smile and said it was about time lmao but he was happy for me.

Well going to

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I always like the way the Cards played going back to the 80's. They played great defense back then and used speed and timely hitting to win. Ozzie Smith is one of my favorite all-time players.

One of mine as well as is Sandberg

Thankfully we love baseball and have playoff positioning starting. It gets my mind off of Luck retiring. Many in here do not have that. Cards and Cubs have been good for a while. 

3 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Well we got in from a long bike ride this evening to watch last few innings , we are tired think I'm going to bed try to catch up tomorrow Brother . :thmup: 

All right brother, take care.

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That was one of my points. It was only like a few hundred booing, wasn't like a stadium full of 60,000 booing haha . The media makes it seem that way though and people actually buy in to it. 

14 hours ago, Myles said:

I really have no issue with burning the jerseys or booing.  It's the heat of the moment and the fans paid enough money to cheer or boo as they see fit.  They paid $100 for the jersey, let them burn it.   

It doesn't seem like many were booing.   The media  is making people believe the majority of fans were booing. 

I saw the YouTube video and could not hear the booing. It is probably because it was just a fraction of the stadium booing. Or perhaps the video was taken in an area where there was not a lot of booing. Luck said he heard it and it hurt :( ... Burning Luck jerseys was :facepalm:. That is childish. Why not donate the jerseys to charity? 

Anyhow, based on the comments posted in the Colts section, it sounds like many fans would boo him and possibly do worse. One guy said he thinks Luck should move from Indy, as someone may try to hurt him. 

Then there are some who wrote that they won't be following the Colts much from now on. They are abandoning the team because their best player has retired. Where is the loyalty and sticking by the team? :rantoff:

Note: I know all fan bases have fans that do this. 

Back to baseball, the race for the NL Central crown and the Wild Card berths will come down to how teams play in September. For my team, they are too far behind to win the division and have too many teams to pass to win one of the Wild Card berths. As usual, lack of timely hitting has hurt the Mets.

Despite my team not being in it, I'm looking forward to September baseball as well as football. :D

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I just passed Citifield. I should have gone to check out the game. Nah. I'm too tired. I have to get home. 

If I lived close to Wrigley or Lucas I’d go to every game possible, I’d be broke, lol! 2.5 to Wrigley, 1 hour give or take to Lucas.

3 minutes ago, HOZER said:

If I lived close to Wrigley or Lucas I’d go to every game possible, I’d be broke, lol! 2.5 to Wrigley, 1 hour give or take to Lucas.

I don't live close to Citifield. I work not too far from there and worked late today. 

The US Open Tennis tournament is taking place across the street from Citifield. That attracts a lot of fans. The tickets and the food there are very pricey. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I don't live close to Citifield. I work not too far from there and worked late today. 

The US Open Tennis tournament is taking place across the street from Citifield. That attracts a lot of fans. The tickets and the food there are very pricey. 

How far away do you live? Do you drive to work or use transit system? I know NY is huge and I’ve heard that a lot of people prefer not to drive there due to traffic, parking, etc.

18 minutes ago, HOZER said:

How far away do you live? Do you drive to work or use transit system? I know NY is huge and I’ve heard that a lot of people prefer not to drive there due to traffic, parking, etc.

I use public transportation. It takes me about an hour to travel to Citifield and about another 15 minutes to get to work.

No way would I drive here. With traffic, it may take me 2 hours to get to work. Parking is a big problem. I live in Manhattan; having a car in Manhattan is a burden. Outside the city, a car is useful. 

36 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I use public transportation. It takes me about an hour to travel to Citifield and about another 15 minutes to get to work.

No way would I drive here. With traffic, it may take me 2 hours to get to work. Parking is a big problem. I live in Manhattan; having a car in Manhattan is a burden. Outside the city, a car is useful. 

I think you have told me this before. Sorry lots of blows to my head have taken their toll! 

It it takes me about 20 mins to drive to work, sometimes longer with construction or traffic. I think it’d be neat to live in New York, maybe not forever, but for a while and work downtown, use the subways and other forms of transport. A lot of people I talk to about living there say no thanks due to the traffic, crime, etc, but IDK something’s always appealed to me about New York.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was saying earlier when it was 10-1, save some of those runs for tomorrow haha . Turns out we needed at least 8 of those. Cubs win 10-7 and win the 1st 2 of the series. Fly the flag Hozer. Kimbrel closed it down.

Hey Hey Hey Cubs finally won another series on the road!!!! That was a nerve racking game at the end, but a win is a win! Sorry NFLfan, you have some hitters on that team though, very dangerous!

4F057BFA-19A5-433C-9DBB-07EB5AE91869.thumb.jpeg.c226553f26f1b8965ce2e4102da246ac.jpeg

Archived