Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thursday Night Football VIking v Boys

JimJaime

Did anyone see that game. I think the Vikings got hosed on that no call on the 2 point conversion.

the hit on Bradford was high but more importantly he grabbed the face mask and that's a penalty no matter WHO has the football. But no call.. refs are sucking more weekly.

20 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Did anyone see that game. I think the Vikings got hosed on that no call on the 2 point conversion.

the hit on Bradford was high but more importantly he grabbed the face mask and that's a penalty no matter WHO has the football. But no call.. refs are sucking more weekly.

Your right that was a horrible no call. The refs have sucked all season.

27 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

32lk5-2.vadapt.664.high.34.jpg

Vikings should've got another play, they did commit a False Start on that play which wasn't called but that is definitely a Personal Foul. The REFS are generally bad and have been for years unfortunately. Sorry about that loss as it was a tough one but you guys have been behind the 8ball all season losing Teddy and AP and still .500 with a chance to make the Playoffs.

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

they did commit a False Start on that play which wasn't called but that is definitely a Personal Foul

Bingo! The best the Vikings could have hoped for was offsetting penalties & 1 final down to convert & go to overtime if Minnesota converted & tied things up in regulation. 

Minnesota was walked down the field twice in that game with penalties. 

But it's OK. The Vikings need something to blame their failures on as always; weather it's a kicker missing a field goal (1998 NFCCG, or wild card last year), or mean evil Saints with Bounty Gate, or now a missed call. It is never their own fault for getting bested against better teams. 

No Super Bowl for them is a 1+ on a bad year.  

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Vikings should've got another play, they did commit a False Start on that play which wasn't called but that is definitely a Personal Foul. The REFS are generally bad and have been for years unfortunately. Sorry about that loss as it was a tough one but you guys have been behind the 8ball all season losing Teddy and AP and still .500 with a chance to make the Playoffs.

I was only posting a picture of what the OP was referring to. I am not complaining. If I have to complain, I will go to the Vikings site. 

We're on to our next opponent. (The Jags) 

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I was only posting a picture of what the OP was referring to. I am not complaining. If I have to complain, I will go to the Vikings site. 

We're on to our next opponent. (The Jags) 

The vikes should have got that call.   Hard to believe they missed a head shot on the qb the way the game is officiated today

Just now, jvan1973 said:

The vikes should have got that call.   Hard to believe they missed a head shot on the qb the way the game is officiated today

Yep, but this happens a lot though. It is incredible how inconsistent the officiating is. Some blatant penalties like that one are overlooked while others are called. Last week Fletcher Cox barely touched Aaron Rodgers and he was called for roughing the passer. Newton also does not seem to get those calls. It is the state of affairs in the NFL.

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The left tackle jumped, right?

What got me was that when Sam Bradford talked to the ref...the ref motioned and appeared to say that Bradford was struck on the shoulder, not in the head.. Obviously, that wasnt the case.

....would it be possible for the an 'upstairs ref' to be in touch with the refs on the field and tip them to obvious fouls.....off the ball hits, 12 men on the field....illegal substitutions.

Just an extra pair of eyes with a view that could not be blocked?

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 8:31 PM, southwest1 said:

Bingo! The best the Vikings could have hoped for was offsetting penalties & 1 final down to convert & go to overtime if Minnesota converted & tied things up in regulation. 

If a False Start was called the play would be blown dead, and that roughing/facemask penalty wouldn't have happened, no offsetting there.