Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How About This (What If)Trade Scenario

JTcardscolts

I read a rumor that Jeff Fisher is going to trade QB Sam Bradford to the Browns, so he can take RGIII with the second pick. Now keep in mind, i did say rumor and there could be no weight to this at all, but i figure its worth a discussion. I also read that ESPN has this info but is waiting till the SB weekend to break it (Spin/Twist/Blow it up).

This is why i think its something worth talking about everyone knows JF is a control freak and wants everything done his way, this is why he chose the rams over the fins. On top of that they have the #2 pick, and major trade bait in Bradford or vise versa. Of course hes gonna want his own guys on the team and this is why Bradford becomes expendable.

Now here is my thought, or scenario.

JF always disliked Vince Young, i thought this was because he was a scrambling QB? it doesn't make sense to me that he would draft another one, if this rumor is true. So what if he plans to trade Bradford to the browns and wants to get both first rounders and a second, the Bears gave up 2 first rounders and then some for Cutler.

So now the rams are sitting with no QB and and possibly 3 first round and 2 second round picks. so you know they need a QB and its just so happens that there is the "best" prospect in a while, in this draft. do they make a move for him? if hes as good(NFL ready) has everybody says he, is why would they not.

IF PM is healthy and ready to play by march 8th, do they make the call to trade down and take RGIII #2 and have 4 and 22 in the first round. RGIII has already said he has no problem sitting behind Peyton, and Peyton already said Luck should start day one. Also the new HC is gonna need some players on defense to run his system.

IF this some how fell in to place, and we received 3 first rounders, 2/4/22 and a second, who would you like to see with the 4th and 22nd pick? assuming that we use #2 on RGIII.

Altho far fetched, this i believe would most certainly please everyone, you get your high pick QB, and i get my bounty of draft picks....with that said my fingers are crossed

What are these values? I never heard of or seen

NFL Draft Pick Value Card

yes you are correct using the point system, but i(and all pro luck people) would say its worth the best prospect in 25 years...

That is why they have the value card, because they have learned over the years that perceived player value is not a good reason to make trades.

I'd still take the pro-style QB (Luck) , not the "one hit (year) wonder" RG3.

What makes you think he, RGIII, is a one year Wonder. He was a three year starter (would have been a 4 year starter if not for a knee injury). For his career he has more attempts, more completions (a higher completion percentage) and more passing yards than Luck. Luck has 5 more TDs and also 5 more INTs.

I'm not a huge fan of running QBs so I'm not a huge fan of RGIII but the claim of him being a one year wonder is not accurate at all.

What makes you think he, RGIII, is a one year Wonder. He was a three year starter (would have been a 4 year starter if not for a knee injury). For his career he has more attempts, more completions (a higher completion percentage) and more passing yards than Luck. Luck has 5 more TDs and also 5 more INTs.

I'm not a huge fan of running QBs so I'm not a huge fan of RGIII but the claim of him being a one year wonder is not accurate at all.

my thought too, if he would have went back for his senior year he would of have career numbers that would have compared to Tebow

I'd take Blackmon if possible.

I agree.

I do think they will take Blackmon and give Bradford a valuable weapon. IMO I just don't see Blackmon being a bad receiver and possibly Bradford to Blackmon will be a combination that helps the Rams for years to come, not that I'm a Rams fan or care by any means.