Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Three observations about back-to-back week OT results.

ReMeDy

1.) If you think the rules were confusing for Americans, how do you think people in London felt watching this? I'm not even sure the players and coaches know the rules -- several years ago, Donovan McNabb didn't know ties existed, and today, Gruden said the same thing (I hope he's joking).

2.) Skip Bayless must be flipping out right now. Last week he said they should get rid of field goals. This back-to-back week of OT games only reinforces his statement, even though I still don't agree with it.

3.) I am SO glad we have Adam Vinatieri right now. What is up with the league's kickers missing so many of these chip shots!? It's unbelievable.

2 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Not meaning to be impolite OP, but the vast majority of the Wembley crowd are fully aware of the key principles of the game, including overtime. Apart for the New England fans that is, who believe cheating is acceptable.....

Oh okay, that might have been early misinformation put out by media trying to paint London like that to draw up headlines.

For example, in one of the earliest London games, some in attendance were purportedly boo'ing the winning team for taking a knee to end the game, and analysts were saying that comes from London not understanding the game's rules and that we can't fault them for boo'ing. Then there was the occasional article interviewing a random London person who doesn't know who the teams are, or mentioning how the London fans don't know who to root for so that's why there's so many random player jerseys they wear at the games. Those were articles from several years ago though.

Anyways, I'm surprised London is already familiar with the revised OT rules. They're embracing the game faster than some Americans I know, lol.