Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Insider Report: Jeff Fisher on the hotseat

SkyBane

Apparently, this extension doesn't necessarily mean Fisher will return next year.  If the team performs poorly over the next 5 games, they won't retain him.  But that leads to the question, why give him the extension if there's no guarantee he returns?  If he's going to be evaluated based on the next 5 games, shouldn't you want until those games are done before offering him an extension or moving on and finding someone else?

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Are you approving the re-signing of Fisher?

The fans wanted Smith fired. As I tell my fellow Vikes fans (and Colts fans too):  Be careful what you wish for.  The Bears have only gone down since Smith's firing. I hear that the Bears may now want to move on from John Fox. It's ridiculous.

You're a Bears supporter, if not fan. Did you want Smith fired? Do you want Fox retained? 

I'm sensing you missed my flow here.

I dont get the resigning of Fisher.....and I didn't want Smith fired...not at all

9 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Apparently, this extension doesn't necessarily mean Fisher will return next year.  If the team performs poorly over the next 5 games, they won't retain him.  But that leads to the question, why give him the extension if there's no guarantee he returns?  If he's going to be evaluated based on the next 5 games, shouldn't you want until those games are done before offering him an extension or moving on and finding someone else?

As per Schefter, this extension was signed weeks ago but it was not announced.

12 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm sensing you missed my flow here.

I dont get the resigning of Fisher.....and I didn't want Smith fired...not at all

I guess I did miss your point, since one coach is being retained while the other was fired. It could be interpreted as your advocating to keep Fisher, as the person who replaces him may not do any better than him (as was the case with Lovie Smith).

Back then very few fans wanted to keep Smith. The players, especially Urlacher, wanted him to come back for another season.

30 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I guess I did miss your point, since one coach is being retained while the other was fired. It could be interpreted as your advocating to keep Fisher, as the person who replaces him may not do any better than him (as was the case with Lovie Smith).

Back then very few fans wanted to keep Smith. The players, especially Urlacher, wanted him to come back for another season.

TRue.....I just think he was solid.....his lack of an offensive mind lured the Bears into Marc Trestman which was a disaster.

As a matter of course, I want a winning coach to return. Look at the Bengals. If Marvin Lewis makes the playoffs again (not likely) he's got to come back. You should not fire a winning coach.

Denver didn't go that way....

Elway fitred John Fox after a 12-5 season and won the big Bowl the next year.

But there was nothing wrong with Lovie...

According to Fisher, they worked out details for a contract back in the summer. He probably stays...I don't see him leaving, the Rams ownership is perfectly content with mediocrity. 

Attendance and ratings are even worse for them in L.A. than St. Louis. The fans aren't about to waste their money to sit out in the blazing hot sun for a mediocre team that is destined to go 7-9 (or 6-10 at best this year looks more likely). The L.A. market itself is very difficult, if the Rams can't put up a winning season before 2020, they probably leave again for another new stadium. 

3 hours ago, Synthetic said:

According to Fisher, they worked out details for a contract back in the summer. He probably stays...I don't see him leaving, the Rams ownership is perfectly content with mediocrity.

Well, if they want mediocrity, then Jeff Fischer is the perfect mediocre coach!

On 12/10/2016 at 10:50 AM, dgambill said:

Jeff Fisher has fire #ant underwear....there is no seat too hot for this man. lol I only wish I could perform as mediocre at my job and continue to get paid and raises at that like this man.

He was fired today.