Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Edwin Jackson, McGill, Ayers and Swoope

TheJACKCOLT

Edwin Jackson should be starting, in the little playing time he got today he looked better than any one we have had playing ILB. he's quicker and better in coverage than Morrison or Mcnary and it's not close.                                                                                                                                                                                                              
McGill should get more playing time and should always be in the game on obvious passing downs.                                                                                                             
Ayers should get more snaps he always stands out when he gets playing time, like Edwin Jackson his speed and quickness makes him really stand out when compared to our old slow LB's                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
Swoope has been huge in place of Allen, not saying he should replace Allen, but has played well while Allen has been out and looks like he could help fill the void of what we lost in Fleener and showing why they may have been willing to let Fleener walk, the sad thing is if Allen had not gotten hurt we may have never seen what he could do.          
I would like to see all four get more playing time, what do we have to lose?

Swoope definitely has shaky hands, he doesn't look comfortable yet catching.

If he can put it together, he could be a deadly weapon. He's huge and fast. Just needs to work on hands in practice and becoming more of an overall football player. 

I totally understand being as he wasn't a football guy from childhood.

I've stated in another thread somewhere I'm an Ayers fan. I think he'd benefit from better coaching that we don't have, but at least he's getting nfl experience and maybe the next coach can actually coach him up.

5 minutes ago, TheJACKCOLT said:

Edwin Jackson should be starting, in the little playing time he got today he looked better than any one we have had playing ILB. he's quicker and better in coverage than Morrison or Mcnary and it's not close.                                                                                                                                                                                                              
McGill should get more playing time and should always be in the game on obvious passing downs.                                                                                                             
Ayers should get more snaps he always stands out when he gets playing time, like Edwin Jackson his speed and quickness makes him really stand out when compared to our old slow LB's                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
Swoope has been huge in place of Allen, not saying he should replace Allen, but has played well while Allen has been out and looks like he could help fill the void of what we lost in Fleener and showing why they may have been willing to let Fleener walk, the sad thing is if Allen had not gotten hurt we may have never seen what he could do.          
I would like to see all four get more playing time, what do we have to lose?

I agree wholeheartedly. Jackson brings it and looks like a hard hitter. He put Murray on his backside once today that I can tell left a mark on him. Wish he got more snaps. Murray was very slippery but for the most part, this was one of our best tackling performances I've seen in a while. Hard hits more often than not from all 3 levels of the defense. 

All 4 were effective in some way or form today. They should be getting more playing time, at least. This is the time to starting evaluating our players if I'm Pagano and making some lineup changes. These 4 would warrant serious consideration to get more snaps. Jackson and McGill especially. 

Sorry out of likes, but YES TO ALL!

I really hope they start to play edwin jackson ALOT more, i remember coaches were really high on him and his potential, and hes fast! even in the very small amount he played today he looked like he knew what he was doing.  

I remember mcgill ended last season on a high note, and today mightve been the most hes played this year right? im not sure, but it seemed like it probably from the gamechanging play that really sealed the deal for the game, so awesome. happy that mathis too that got that TD, and hope to see mathis get more up to speed (hes been slowly but surely warming up IMO).

ayers also like jackson just looked natural out there. i really hope he gets more playing time too, idk why i just like him alot. i dont know much about him, but he also seems disruptive.

swoope is like a huge WR so awesome.  he balled out today, had great catches and had an opportunity for  a TD i believe? cant remember.  who knows if allen's injury is a blessing in disguise in which we have doyle and swoope, who both arent as good as allen in blocking, but who knows what the potential is to improve. even fleener improved lol