Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marc Trestman

grmasterb

I don't know a lot about Trestman. I know that he has a law degree so he's obviously an intelligent guy, but Im always kind of leary of a guy that has been coaching in an inferior league. That don't necessarily mean he can't be a good HC in the NFL though. I think it will either be this guy or Chuck Pagano if I had to venture a guess. If Trestman is the guy though, I don't see how Christianson keeps his job.

A inferior league, lol but anyways as someone who watches both, you would be very foolish to dismiss this guy because of the CFL. IMO The smartest move would have taken both popp as GM and trestman. Football is football, don't let the differences in salaries make you think the CFL has nothing to offer. His QB is now the leader in yards thrown in any pro football league.

Anthony Calvillo (born August 23, 1972) is a Canadian Football League quarterback, currently playing for the Montreal Alouettes. He is the all-time professional football passing yards leader and first in all-time CFL passing yards. In his career, he has passed for over 70,000 yards and is one of four professional quarterbacks to have completed over 400 touchdown passes (others include Brett Favre, Warren Moon and Dan Marino).[2] He currently leads the all-time QB rating list and surpassed Damon Allen to enter into the CFL record books as the record holder for most career TD passes and most career completions. He has won three Grey Cup championships in 2002, 2009, and 2010, being named Grey Cup Most Valuable Player in 2002. He has won the CFL's Most Outstanding Player Award three times, in 2003, 2008, and 2009, which ties him for second all-time behind Doug Flutie.

I really think trestman will be a winner down there, one thing is for sure, he will do alot better then your team is doing now.

I checked out this website....he is a very accomplished coach in the CFL, and has been very successful as an assistant coach in the NFL. Read his philosophy section, I especially liked "To put into place a system of football that is flexible to the existing talent and personnel." We've been using the Tampa 2, but haven't had the personnel to use it effectively the past few seasons.

The testimonials are impressive and he's worked with some of the best head coaches and players while in the NFL. The CFL is still pro football and a step above college, so it's not like we'd hire someone with no pro football coaching experience.

I certainly think he'd be a great choice...he could work with Manning (veteran) on his level and Luck (rookie) on his level and develop him to take over when Peyton retires (I'm hoping Manning stays and we draft Luck...we'll be set at QB for many years).

I'm sure we'll have anew HC by the end of the week, and if it's Trestman, then I'll feel really good about things again.

There is about 18 coaches of all sorts in the NFL right now, that started in canada. Players wise, the best of course are in the NFL, but not every player that can make it, makes it. The biggest difference is the size, CFL'ers tend to be smaller because of the size of the field. NFL shape is not good enough to play in the CFL, again because of the field size and 25 second huddles and not as many commercial breaks, very little down time during a CFL game. But the one thing that it does better then the NFL is a 1 week break between the last game and the grey cup. I find it waaaay to long to wait for the big game, IMO.

A inferior league, lol but anyways as someone who watches both, you would be very foolish to dismiss this guy because of the CFL. IMO The smartest move would have taken both popp as GM and trestman. Football is football, don't let the differences in salaries make you think the CFL has nothing to offer. His QB is now the leader in yards thrown in any pro football league.

Anthony Calvillo (born August 23, 1972) is a Canadian Football League quarterback, currently playing for the Montreal Alouettes. He is the all-time professional football passing yards leader and first in all-time CFL passing yards. In his career, he has passed for over 70,000 yards and is one of four professional quarterbacks to have completed over 400 touchdown passes (others include Brett Favre, Warren Moon and Dan Marino).[2] He currently leads the all-time QB rating list and surpassed Damon Allen to enter into the CFL record books as the record holder for most career TD passes and most career completions. He has won three Grey Cup championships in 2002, 2009, and 2010, being named Grey Cup Most Valuable Player in 2002. He has won the CFL's Most Outstanding Player Award three times, in 2003, 2008, and 2009, which ties him for second all-time behind Doug Flutie.

I really think trestman will be a winner down there, one thing is for sure, he will do alot better then your team is doing now.

AGREE!!! I also think Trestman's success in the NFL as an oc translated well to the CFL as hc.

Well, I did say just because he is a coach in the CFL didn't mean he can't be successful as a HC in the NFL. Sorry, but I do think the CFL is an inferior league. The Athletes that can't make it in the NFL go to the CFL. Trestman is an intelligent guy and I would be happy if he is our guy.