Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyrod Taylor gets a $100 mil contract?!

Lawrence Owen

50 minutes ago, Bogie said:

Not as bad as Luck's insane contract. 

Luck deserved his contract, so please don't go there. He went 11-5 in his first 3 seasons and got the team to a Championship Game with no run game and a mediocre Defense + pretty poor O.Line play. He was injured last season, it happens. His overall record of 38-23 over his first 4 seasons isn't even inflated because of the Division the Colts have been in like many want to believe. Luck has wins over the Broncos, Chiefs, and Bengals in Playoff play - all of those teams were Good, Broncos Very Good to Great. In Regular Season games he has 2 wins over the Broncos, a win over the Chiefs, a win over the Ravens when they were Good in 2014, a win over the Bengals in 2014, a win over the Seahawks when they won the SB in 2013, and a win over Rodgers and the Pack when they were Very Good in 2012. Luck has a bunch of signature wins outside of the Division including big Playoff wins already. He hasn't been able to beat the Patriots but not many QB's have beat them. That is really the only glaring thing on his resume that he is 0-5 against them/0-2 in Playoff play. I was reading some comments from ESPN and Patriots Planet and where alot of people are calling Andrew overrated, saying he sucks, etc.. How anyone doesn't think Andrew is a Top 10 QB in the league has to be either a hater or insane. Tyrod Taylor hasn't accomplished near what Andrew Luck has. Brock OZ is another one, his contract is the insane one - that dude has started 7 games and gets 18 Mill a season haha . Andrew's contract isn't as bad you may think, in 3 seasons he wont even be close to being the highest paid player as the Salary Cap will increase. It took Brees a few seasons to figure out how to get to a SB and win it, remember when the Saints lost to Rex Grossman and the Bears 39-14 in the 2006 NFC Title Game? The same Rex Grossman that everyone says is the only reason why Peyton won a SB in Indy. I think Andrew Luck has actually overachieved in his first 4 seasons, like I said he was just injured last season. We will see what happens this season? I didn't think the Colts would be above .500 until year 2 or 3 after the rebuild of being 2-14. I also didn't think the Colts would be SB contenders until his 5th season anyway so that is coming up.

That article is ummmm......short. This contract is actually genius by the Bills. Why aren't there more contracts like this? It's only 9.5 million guaranteed, 1 million in year 1 and the option for the Bills to totally back out in 2017. The rest are all incentives down the line.

18 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

That article is ummmm......short. This contract is actually genius by the Bills. Why aren't there more contracts like this? It's only 9.5 million guaranteed, 1 million in year 1 and the option for the Bills to totally back out in 2017. The rest are all incentives down the line.

There isn't more contracts like this because players like Luck don't have to sign them. They have earned the money and are not a fringe QB like Taylor  has shown. The agent and player would laugh at an offer like that and would be considered an insult for a team to put that on the table.  

56 minutes ago, Bogie said:

In two years Lucks contract is going to look pretty good. It's going to look real good in year four. Have you bothered to actually read the contract? Or is it just another comment you make to put a negative light on anything the Colts do?

21 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Ya'll have got to get off the defensive about Luck and Manning about every little thing sweet Jesus

Agree, even I think the contract given to Luck (and many others out there) is absurd at times. I know WHY it often happens and I get the reasoning behind it and why it has become this way. But, it don't mean it still isn't ridiculous.

28 minutes ago, Jules said:

Agree, even I think the contract given to Luck (and many others out there) is absurd at times. I know WHY it often happens and I get the reasoning behind it and why it has become this way. But, it don't mean it still isn't ridiculous.

We had to give him that contract, if we didn't there are several teams that would've. Just the way it is. The contract he received is actually team friendly as well. I just don't see why anyone needs to bring up that his contract is insane or he doesn't deserve it. Makes no sense to me. By the way we would stink without him.

50 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Ya'll have got to get off the defensive about Luck and Manning about every little thing sweet Jesus

Like you think you would get anything else? In case you have forgotten this is a Colts forum. Just for your information there is a Saints fan that has a long history of posting nothing but negative things about the Colts, their players and their front office. These are not things that show anything but his desire to rag on the Colts with every chance he gets. You may defend him all you care to but I don't have to.

I didn't say anything about Luck, or an 11-5 season being bad or any of that nonsense. Yeah I know what Bogie said but it's Bogie haven't ya'll figured that out hot dang. When you damage control this hard every time it starts to have the opposite effect of what's desired/deserved.

1 hour ago, BloodyChamp said:

Yes its  absolutely stunning that Colts fans defend Peyton and Luck on a Colts forum with mostly Colts fans. Who woulda thunk that people would defend those 2 on here?

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yes its  absolutely stunning that Colts fans defend Peyton and Luck on a Colts forum with mostly Colts fans. Who woulda thunk that people would defend those 2 on here?

What's stunning is that people do it in some convo about Tyrod Taylor or Tim Tebow when nobody even goes there to start with. This was going straight down this road without Bogie's comment. I mean defend isn't a thing unless you're under attack. Before then it's called damage control.

2 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

"NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported the deal is for $92 million over six years plus incentives, per a source. Rapoport added that Taylor will make $9.5 million in 2016, all of which is fully guaranteed

The team has the option to pick up the contract in 2017, and he'll make $27.5 million ($15.5 million with option, $12M base salary) if they do so, two sources informed of the deal told Rapoport. However, in the unlikely scenario he plays out the entire extension and gets paid all incentives, Taylor would make $112 million over the six years "

To the bolded..the 9.5 mil guarantee is year 1..., yes Bill have the option to drop him next year, but if they don't there is more guarantee'd in the pick-up.  also, where do you get 'the rest is all incentives down the line"? From what i am reading the contract is $92 mil..the incentives are $20 mil. making for a possible $112 mil.

28 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

What's stunning is that people do it in some convo about Tyrod Taylor or Tim Tebow when nobody even goes there to start with. This was going straight down this road without Bogie's comment. I mean defend isn't a thing unless you're under attack. Before then it's called damage control.

What's stunning to me is that when people put down Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck in any way, some people somehow think it's wrong to defend them on a Colts Site with facts. Last I looked this is a Colts Site. I know it's Bogie and I actually get along with him so I don't have a problem with him or you. Having said that whether it's him or you or anyone on here, if someone is going to Post anything negative about Andrew or Peyton I will normally defend them unless the criticism is warranted. If Andrew stinks in a game I will be the first to say so, etc.. If I went to Patriots Planet and said Tom Brady is overrated or didn't deserve his contract people would eat me like a Polar Bear over there.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What's stunning to me is that when people put down Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck in anyway, people somehow think it's wrong to defend them on a Colts Site with facts. Last I looked this is a Colts Site. I know it's Bogie and I actually get along with him so I don't have a problem with him or you. Having said that whether it's him or you or anyone on here, if someone is going to Post anything negative about Andrew or Peyton I will normally defend them unless the criticism is warranted. If Andrew stinks in a game I will be the first to say so, etc.. If I went to Patriots Planet and said Tom Brady is overrated or didn't deserve his contract people would eat me like a Polar Bear over there.

Wait...they don't eat outsider's like polar bears anyways?.....:p

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I went to Patriots Planet and said Tom Brady is overrated or didn't deserve his contract people would eat me like a Polar Bear over there.

Well to be fair.......Brady is a heck of a lot more proven in this league then Andrew Luck is. Sad but true. I love Luck, but I do have concerns on his durability and decision making thus far.

Just now, Jules said:

Well to be fair.......Brady is a heck of a lot more proven in this league then Andrew Luck is. Sad but true. I love Luck, but I do have concerns on his durability and decision making thus far.

I honestly don't have questions on his durability...4th year after being hit more than any other QB, and his body finally takes it in the kidney/shoulder is pretty amazing to me.as for Brady, I think he's a heck of a QB on the field...it's his morals that \has been the focal point the past couple years. 

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I went to Patriots Planet and said Tom Brady is overrated or didn't deserve his contract people would eat me like a Polar Bear over there.

instead of polar bears..i tend to view the majority of Pats fans like Zombies wanting to feed on the rest of the NFL fan base. (not all....i know a few decent/good/reasonable Pats fans,,,,)

Sorry for feeding the off topic convo's...just wanted to put my 2.5 cents in...lol

I don't disagree Tom Brady isn't more proven but he isn't more proven than Peyton and some people bash Peyton as well on here every chance they get, really for no reason. So my point is I don't go to opposing teams Sites and start junk for no reason. As a Colts fan and many feel the same way I do we are going to defend our team. I am no way in the wrong for doing so, nor is anyone else in here, JMO's. Should I let it bother me, probably not but if you notice anytime I post anything remotely off base it's always because someone is bashing our team or players. Like an old Rap song said, "Don't start no stuff, wont be no stuff".

It was just a Bogie 1 liner man...and you turned into an animal lol! And even without Bogie your response was well let me tell you about Luck because Luck doesn't have to and Luck and Luck and Luck...over a guy who isn't even in his universe. It's bizarro world Brady homer behavior. I don't think ya'll realize it but anybody not a fan or NE or Indy sees it.

2 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Right.

Because as we all know,  Packer fans are perfectly calm and reasonable about everything concerning Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers?!

Sweet Jesus, indeed!

22 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

It was just a Bogie 1 liner man...and you turned into an animal lol! And even without Bogie your response was well let me tell you about Luck because Luck doesn't have to and Luck and Luck and Luck...over a guy who isn't even in his universe. It's bizarro world Brady homer behavior. I don't think ya'll realize it but anybody not a fan or NE or Indy sees it.

I didn't turn anything into an animal and if you have a problem with me let me know or otherwise ignore my Posts. Why are you keeping this going?? I was done with it until I read your Post.

4 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

http://www.chatsports.com/buffalo-bills/a/report-bills-sign-qb-tyrod-taylor-100-million-extension-30492

Seriously...really????

I mean he did pretty well for the team last year considering...but 1 season of ok football deserves this kind of $$$?

God please let this be a joke...lol

I don't know where Joe Schad got the $100 Million figure.     ESPN reports $90.    I've also seen $92.

But the part this story doesn't talk about is that Buffalo built in all sorts of early outs.    It's practically a series of one year contracts with options for Buffalo to pick-up or decline.      It's a good deal for the Bills,  not a bad one as the story implies.

3 hours ago, Bogie said:

It's amazing how little you actually follow football.....

Most people who follow and analyze the Luck deal say that Luck actually left money on the table.    It's not that Luck's deal is too big,  it's that it's not big enough.

Luck got the deal he got because he was great for 3 years and injured in his 4th.    He was the first pick in the draft and a franchise QB.      He's a top-10 QB and before last year he was viewed as a top-5/6 QB.

Feel free to read.      ESPN and NFL.com are not premium sites.     You can get great information without paying for it.      Just go to the sites,  click on the stories and read.     It won't hurt you.

You might actually sound like you know and follow football for a change......

Your call.......

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Most people who follow and analyze the Luck deal say that Luck actually left money on the table.    It's not that Luck's deal is too big,  it's that it's not big enough.

Luck got the deal he got because he was great for 3 years and injured in his 4th.    He was the first pick in the draft and a franchise QB.      He's a top-10 QB and before last year he was viewed as a top-5/6 QB.

Feel free to read.      ESPN and NFL.com are not premium sites.     You can get great information without paying for it.      Just go to the sites,  click on the stories and read.     It won't hurt you.

Your call.......

I like a lot from SB nation as well.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Your call.......

Thank You!

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't know where Joe Schad got the $100 Million figure.     ESPN reports $90.    I've also seen $92.

But the part this story doesn't talk about is that Buffalo built in all sorts of early outs.    It's practically a series of one year contracts with options for Buffalo to pick-up or decline.      It's a good deal for the Bills,  not a bad one as the story implies.

But if i read this right..He's supposed to get $27 mil in the 2nd year if the Bills pick it up...that's A LOT of money in a year....yes the option to pick up or drop are nice..but it seems to have a cost.

The Bills btw might be better then the Colts this year.

I am not supposed to say that either but it might very well happen......

If the Pats stumble a bit in the first 4 games the Bills might be the ones to watch. Blah, not sure about the Jets since they often blow it. And the Dolphins are overrated trash every year outside of two or 3 games and one is usually vs. NE where they show up all high as a kite.

Well I am off to bed now, have some media catching up to do in terms of reading so I can educate myself on the ins and outs on the league and sound smart on forums.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Your call.......

Great post NCF.

Let's get this topic back on track....

I really like Taylor.  I think he has the physical tools to be a great QB.  I don't think he'll ever throw for 4000 yards and 35 TDs, but I think he's good enough that he won't be a liability.  $100 mil might be a bit too much for him, depending on how it's structured, but I think the Bills made the right decision is retaining him.  They just need to pair him up with a QB guru so he can continue to develop.

13 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

LOL...I can't agree with this post enough.  Some Colts fans and their obsession with their fair headed franchise QB's. It's about the Shoe above all.

17 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

LOL...I can't like this post enough.  Some Colts fans and their obsession with their fair headed franchise QB's. 

I guess that is what being a fan is. Fan is a slang for fanatic and every team has them regardless of your personal thoughts on it.