Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Extremly early prediction...

MarquisJ

45 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

No one is stalking you. Just because I made a comment to you you think it's stalking. I read all the threads and I can assure you I am not pointing you out over any other member. Dude, you have a serious problem.

Yeah, says the guy who was "insulted" by my comment (unless perhaps he DOES have heinous photos of you in compromising positions... did I hit a nerve or something?).  So your trolling returns. You were so upset the last time about me being anti Harrison I thought you might start crying but instead you followed me around from topic to topic here and trolled me..  So be it.  :troll:

3 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

Yeah, says the guy who was "insulted" by my comment (unless perhaps he DOES have heinous photos of you in compromising positions... did I hit a nerve or something?).  So your trolling returns. You were so upset the last time about me being anti Harrison I thought we might start crying but instead you followed me around from topic to topic here and trolled me..  So be it.  :troll:

Harrison don't have nothing to do with you having a serious comprehension problem. Do you hear voices too?

15 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I don't see Swoope making the roster over Griswold personally. I don't doubt Swoope has atheltic  ability. I just don't see how you go from never playing a down of football to being better than a guy who's been playing since pop warner. 

The guys people like to point to Gates at least played football in HS Graham played a year in college Thomas played football and bball in college. 

I think Varga offers a much more diverse skill set than Swoope.  Varga can help on ST's. He looked good on KR's last year. The concussion is a problem.

It should be a great camp. We have a lot of players fighting for a few roster spots. Hopefully they are settled by play and not injury. I could name a lot of players I'm anxious to see play who were not on the team last season many are on the back end or catching balls from Luck 

I agree that Varga in Pre Season showed a lot of promise.  I am not against the guy, I am just not sure he would get any carries with the first 3 backs we have on the roster.  Frankly the third back likely sees only clean up or injury carries, so not sure how Varga would see action beyond special teams and I prefer Quan Bray as our returner, but even he needs a back up.  I agree, training camp and the 5 pre-season games should be interesting.  And don't we get some extra practice time due to the HOF game? 

8 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Harrison don't have nothing to do with you having a serious comprehension problem. Do you hear voices too?

Perhaps the Colts should sign the Three Billy Goats Gruff to the team to deal with the TROLL problem? 

:troll:

32 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

I agree that Varga in Pre Season showed a lot of promise.  I am not against the guy, I am just not sure he would get any carries with the first 3 backs we have on the roster.  Frankly the third back likely sees only clean up or injury carries, so not sure how Varga would see action beyond special teams and I prefer Quan Bray as our returner, but even he needs a back up.  I agree, training camp and the 5 pre-season games should be interesting.  And don't we get some extra practice time due to the HOF game? 

In my mind he'd be the 4th back. Turbin is here to be the back up. I think it's his job lose maybe Vsrga takes it but he'd need a really good preseason. 

I'm hoping we keep Ferguson or Williams as a scat back. I can't remember a guy like that on our O. Ferguson looks to have really good hands. We could do different things with him. He's another guy that many had being drafted. 

That would leave Varga fighting it out for 4th spot or as you mentioned we could stash him on the PS and keep 3. That would leave the door open for an extra WR.

A guy like Tevaun Smith. My buddy is a Hawkeye fan so I fell asleep watching them ast year.  When he did wake me up it was often with the name Tevaun Smith. I was surprised he wasn't drafted after he blew up his pro day. I really like that kid 

14 hours ago, akcolt said:

You realize with your changes we have 59/60 players on your projected 53 man roster. 

There are 2 guys I think some are expecting a lot from and may be disappointed. Maggitt and Miller. Miller played college ball at Taylor that's a huge jump in competition he is making. A year on the PS may be his route. 

Maggitt hasn't played in a football game in a while. The fact he went undrafted after a double digit sack season in the SEC makes me less optimistic then many. I could see him starting on the IR. Thompson could be the real steal. The mocks had him going all over the place from the end of day 2 to not at all and everywhere in between. 

I think Herrara Is gone. I would keep an eye on Milton CB. He had 7 blocked kicks at Georgia Tech. I hope a CB emerges and pushes Butler off the roster.  

With my changes, I have 53.  Players with bold/underline with a ' - ' in front of them mean I removed them from the OPs roster and players with a ' + ' were my additions.  I axed Todman, Boyce, Tyms, Kerr, McNary, and Okine.  I added Griswold, Blythe, Haeg, McClure, Thompson and Bates.  I think the OP had Good listed 2x and I just removed one of them.

I put Miller on the PS, as at this point I don't think he's much more than a project, but he is pretty freakish in terms of his size.

I tend to agree with you on Maggit, and won't be shocked if we IR him -- double digit sacks in the SEC is a big deal, and without having seen how healthy he will get, or how well he will play after a year off, I could see us running the risk of having him scooped by another team if he is left on our PS.  The guy has upside, for sure... whether he can return to health and remain healthy is yet to be seen.

Thompson is a guy who produced and was a football player in college, but I think his tests are what killed him (he ran a 4.95/4.99 in the 40, which I could see turning teams off).  I am hoping he turns out to be good -- Syracuse has produced some good DE/LBs in the past (see Freeney, Chandler Jones), so here's hoping we got lucky with Thompson.

I don't know what to think about Herrara, I think he has potential, but don't know about it translating.  I kept him on my PS, as I think for the team to keep him there last year and bring him back this year says something.

I am hoping we can generate a pass rush this year and Butler can get back to being the slot CB he was a couple years back, when I thought he was one of the best slots in the game.  Outside of Davis, we don't really know what we have in the other CBs (I'm thinking Robinson is an upgrade by default to Toler), and I don't think we've seen enough of Smith or Mitchel to really know what to expect.

On May 25, 2016 at 1:29 PM, MarquisJ said:

Very early yes i know we haven't even seen anything from anyone yet but I'm bored so here's a 53 man roster prediction for September... Also my first roster prediction feel free to add your thoughts. (also not in depth chart order)

QB:

Andrew Luck

Scott Tolvien

RB:

Frank Gore

Robert Turbin

Jordan Todman

Josh Ferguson

WR:

T.Y Hilton

Donte Moncrief

Phillip Dorsett

Quan Bray

Josh Boyce

Brian Tyms

TE:

Dwayne Allen

Jack Doyel

Erik Swoope

OL:

Anthony Castanzo

Jack Mewhort

Ryan Kelly

Hugh Thorton

Joe Reitz

Denzelle Good

Jonathan Harrison

LeRaven Clark

DL:

Art Jones

Henry Anderson

David Perry

Kendall Langford

Hassan Ridgeway

Zach Kerr

T.Y Mcgill

CB:

Vontae Davis

Patrick Robinson

Darius Butler

D'joun Smith

Tevin Mitchel

Jalil Brown

S:

Mike Adam

Clayton Geathers

T.J Green

Winston Guy

ILB:

Dqwell Jackson

Nate Irving

Sio Moore

Antonio Morrison

Josh Mcnary

OLB:

Robert Mathis

Trent Cole

Erik Walden

Earl Okine

Curt Maggit

ST:

Adam Vinatieri

Pat Mcafee

Matt Overton

Like it! :) Hopefully things will bounce our way this season. This could be the "core" of the Colts to come. Here's to quelling this peasant uprising in the South! (I really do believe the Afc South as a "whole" got better. Some teams more than others). Go Colts

On May 25, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Archer said:

Yeah, I really like Irving, Moore, and Sylvestre, and I think the opportunity to save a lot of money against the cap will push them to keep the youth instead.  I know it would be a surprise move, but it makes a lot of sense to me.  Unfortunately for Jones, I don't think we'll see the same type of player after two fairly bad season ending injuries at his age (ala Donald Thomas).

I like your for the most part. I hope you are right and Southward works out. The duo of Green and Southward would give us a ton of speed and size at S

i would love to see one of the young guys send Butler packing. It would be a surprise. We could use a surprise or two on the back end. 

I am not sure what we get from Maggitt this year. He could be an IR stash. I hope he heals up and can go 100% but I'm not as optimistic as the board seems to be. 

I would be surprised if DQ got the ax. His leadership would really be missed. He can help get us to 3rd down still. am really excited to see what  Slyvestre does this year. I too reallly like the trio of Irving Sio and Slyvestre at ILB. 

It would be nice if we hit the lottery on a couple of players on the back end. 

On the otherside of the ball Ferguson, Smith, Leak,  Anthrop, and the battle at TE. will have my eye. I think  we only keep 3 TE's unless young guys force us too keep 4. I am leaning toward Griswold.

Then of course all eyes will be on the OL. I think we probably keep everyone unless we have an injury and send someone to the IR. We cut our worthless dead weight already in Holmes. 

We have a strong group of UDF's. Grig's did a nice job of sneaking guys in starting toward the end of last yesr.