Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shocker- Josh Gordon fails another drug test

RockThatBlue

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Anything can be mentally  addictive.     But weed isn't physically addictive

I just can't ever believe that IMO opinion it's a gateway drug anyway you smoke it and then most want more of a high so they get into the harder stuff from friends or a dealer or something 

8 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I just can't ever believe that IMO opinion it's a gateway drug anyway you smoke it and then most want more of a high so they get into the harder stuff from friends or a dealer or something 

Caffeine,  alcohol,  nicotine are all "gateway" drugs.    Those substances actualy do contain addictive ingredients.    When someone doesn't want to quit,   they won't.   That's the bottom line

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Caffeine,  alcohol,  nicotine are all "gateway" drugs.    Those substances actualy do contain addictive ingredients.    When someone doesn't want to quit,   they won't.   That's the bottom line

Yeah it takes some self control how millions isn't enough for some people is beyond me 

2 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I think pot is a gateway drug.   Moreso than caffeine and nicotine at the present time.   You have to purchase pot from an illegal dealer.  

For me, years ago, in middle and high school, the first "gateway" drugs were speed followed by pot.   At 16, I tried cocaine for the first time because a buddy and myself were buying a few joints from a guy in his apartment.   3/$5 I think.  He put a line on the table and my buddy and I did it.   Mostly out of peer pressure.   Didn't really do anything for me, so I never got into it.   I would not have tried it without the gateway through pot.   

I don't think smoking weed makes you turn to harder stuff, I think it just gives you the opportunity.  

59 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think pot is a gateway drug.   Moreso than caffeine and nicotine at the present time.   You have to purchase pot from an illegal dealer.  

For me, years ago, in middle and high school, the first "gateway" drugs were speed followed by pot.   At 16, I tried cocaine for the first time because a buddy and myself were buying a few joints from a guy in his apartment.   3/$5 I think.  He put a line on the table and my buddy and I did it.   Mostly out of peer pressure.   Didn't really do anything for me, so I never got into it.   I would not have tried it without the gateway through pot.   

I don't think smoking weed makes you turn to harder stuff, I think it just gives you the opportunity.  

Very true that's how I have always felt about it me personally I hate the damn stuff more then anything 

3 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Believe what you want, but it's not.  As jvan said, anything can be mentally addictive, but not everything is physically addictive.  Weed is one of the things that is not physically addictive.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Almost an endorsement for legalization...

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Just love when people say "it's just weed" well yeah and it's illegal here so your breaking the law no if ands or buts about it 

And people that smoke weed know that...just like the people who drank during prohibition were fully aware that what they were doing was illegal...it was just stupid that it was actually illegal in the first place.

1 minute ago, Jason_S said:

And people that smoke weed know that...just like the people who drank during prohibition were fully aware that what they were doing was illegal...it was just stupid that it was actually illegal in the first place.

It should just be legal and they should tax the living hell out of it. There are too many stupid people that ruin there life with it legalize it and tax it atleast make money of the *s. 

19 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Not for those living in colorado and Washington.     More states coming soon.      

16 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

It should just be legal and they should tax the living hell out of it. There are too many stupid people that ruin there life with it legalize it and tax it atleast make money of the *s. 

Weed doesn't ruin lIves.   Dumb people will ruin their life with or without weed 

43 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Weed doesn't ruin lIves.   Dumb people will ruin their life with or without weed 

Well I've seen countless people drop out of school or get fired cause all they wanna do is lay around and get baked all day over and over or they spend every penny they get on it and can't buy food or things for their children or themselves.

11 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Well I've seen countless people drop out of school or get fired cause all they wanna do is lay around and get baked all day over and over or they spend every penny they get on it and can't buy food or things for their children or themselves.

Yeah.   As I said,   dumb, lazy people will ruin their lives with or without weed 

On 4/13/2016 at 9:01 AM, crazycolt1 said:

For a drug that is called non addictive there seems to be a problem just about everywhere with the mental addiction part of it. A lot of people all over the country are still not getting jobs and losing jobs because they cant stay away from it. Is it really that non addictive? Mental addiction is real.

Pot not addictive is one of the biggest myths on the planet. 

18 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

Almost an endorsement for legalization...

Absolutely.  

Kids who smoke a little pot don't need to be exposed to drug dealers who want to sell them something more.  

I agree with taxing the hell out of it.

Seems silly that the billions of dollars spent and lives ruined to stop pot, and someone like me who hadn't smoked it in 20 years can probably score some within hours if I wanted.  

9 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Pot not addictive is one of the biggest myths on the planet. 

nah, you can quit cold turkey after smoking a ton.  the only real side effect is some trouble sleeping, and that goes away pretty fast

it may be very slightly addicting, but it is not accurate to call it one of the biggest myths.  it really is not hard to stop, you just have to want to

5 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

nah, you can quit cold turkey after smoking a ton.  the only real side effect is some trouble sleeping, and that goes away pretty fast

it may be very slightly addicting, but it is not accurate to call it one of the biggest myths.  it really is not hard to stop, you just have to want to

People think the words , addiction and dependence are the same.   Anyone can have a dependence on anything.    My daughter had a dependence on her pacifier.   That isn't addiction.   They are 2 very different things

7 hours ago, Myles said:

Absolutely.  

Kids who smoke a little pot don't need to be exposed to drug dealers who want to sell them something more.  

I agree with taxing the hell out of it.

Seems silly that the billions of dollars spent and lives ruined to stop pot, and someone like me who hadn't smoked it in 20 years can probably score some within hours if I wanted.  

Hours?? Lol more like 20 mins 

3 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Sure it is. If you sit around and do something all day every day, isn't that called an addiction? That'd be like an alcoholic saying they aren't addicted to beer.

No,    that isn't addiction.    Watch a YouTube video of a heroine addict coming down and being without more.    They can die.   That is addiction.    Your body becomes reliant on it

26 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

If you sit around and do something all day every day, isn't that called an addiction? 

no. addiction has a definition and that is not it.  there (usually)has to be withdrawal symptoms for it to be a true addiction 

when people say they are addicted to video games or something, they are not using the word correctly