Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Mock and FA

I won`t do the cap and the teams resigning and cuts. 

Brandon Brooks OG sign blocking scheme fit

Junior Galette OLB His problem wasn`t weed and I think he is a pass rushing option without breaking the bank

Patrick Robinson CB 

I believe the Colts will attempt to trade down a few picks in the first if possible. 

1. Ryan Kelly C

2. Austin Johnson DT

3. Sean Davis FS

4. Joe Schobert OLB

5. Daniel Lasco RB

7. Nick Kwiatkoski ILB

6 hours ago, MPStack said:

I won`t do the cap and the teams resigning and cuts. 

Brandon Brooks OG sign blocking scheme fit

Junior Galette OLB His problem wasn`t weed and I think he is a pass rushing option without breaking the bank

Patrick Robinson CB 

I believe the Colts will attempt to trade down a few picks in the first if possible. 

1. Ryan Kelly C

2. Austin Johnson DT

3. Sean Davis FS

4. Joe Schobert OLB

5. Daniel Lasco RB

7. Nick Kwiatkoski ILB

How is Galette not going to break the bank?? He was on record like a month ago saying his Saints contract (10m/yr)  was "slave money". He is a knucklehead looking to get paid. Grigson won't touch him with a ten foot pole. I do like your other free agent signings though. Also without resigns and cuts it's hard to tell what your end game roster is. Could be good but all depends who we all have. 

8 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Galette's done and said some dumb stuff. But its like this. I'd rather have a knucklehead who can put up 10-12 sacks than a "good guy" who cant.

So a player that will want ~12 million a year, was suspended last year, and coming off a torn Achilles... The chance of him getting 10-12 sacks isn't high enough to spend that money. Achilles injuries are notoriously tough to come back from, and you sometimes never get that burst back. Also it's tough to get sacks if you are suspended again. With grigson coming out and saying no more knuckleheads, it's not going to happen. 

23 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

So a player that will want ~12 million a year, was suspended last year, and coming off a torn Achilles... The chance of him getting 10-12 sacks isn't high enough to spend that money. Achilles injuries are notoriously tough to come back from, and you sometimes never get that burst back. Also it's tough to get sacks if you are suspended again. With grigson coming out and saying no more knuckleheads, it's not going to happen. 

Da'Rick Rogers

Lavon Brazil

Louchiez Purifoy

Johnathan Newsome

Hugh Thornton

John Boyett (LOL ole John Boyett. What else can I say)

Ahmad Bradshaw (Even though that was Bull, some disagree)

D'Qwell Jackson (LOL the pizza boy thing LMAO)

Andrew Jackson

Joe Lefeged (Remember him?) (Police chased him through the streets of DC after being pulled over)

I know some of these guys were released after their incidents. But others weren't. Thornton was considered a knucklehead and we drafted him in the 3rd. It seems to me. If a players get into some type of trouble. It all depends on how good of a player they are. For example. If Winston Guy beat up a pizza boy (LOL) he would be cut. But a starter (pro bowl LB did so he didn't get cut. So I could see a good player with off the field issues being signed. Grigson knows he came close to losing his job so he'll have a whole new approach this year. He'll bring in guys who can play. Even if they have a history IMO. That's why I think we'll be looking at Noah Spence. He's he best pass rusher in this class and could be a double digit sack OLB for several years.

3 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Da'Rick Rogers

Lavon Brazil

Louchiez Purifoy

Johnathan Newsome

Hugh Thornton

Andrew Jackson

Joe Lefeged (Remember him?) (Police chased him through the streets of DC after being pulled over)

I know some of these guys were released after their incidents. But others weren't. Thornton was considered a knucklehead and we drafted him in the 3rd. It seems to me. If a players get into some type of trouble. It all depends on how good of a player they are. For example. If Winston Guy beat up a pizza boy (LOL) he would be cut. But a starter (pro bowl LB did so he didn't get cut. So I could see a good player with off the field issues being signed. Grigson knows he came close to losing his job so he'll have a whole new approach this year. He'll bring in guys who can play. Even if they have a history IMO. That's why I think we'll be looking at Noah Spence. He's he best pass rusher in this class and could be a double digit sack OLB for several years.years.

and how many of these were signed after Newsome was cut, when grigson went out and actually said no more knuckleheads....  

None, which means with all the issues (that you so kindly listed above) grigson has started straying away from those type of players. It's exactly the opposite of what you think. Grigson has had so many issues NOT work out that it almost cost him his job, why would he start taking MORE risks??

37 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

and how many of these were signed after Newsome was cut, when grigson went out and actually said no more knuckleheads....  

None, which means with all the issues (that you so kindly listed above) grigson has started straying away from those type of players. It's exactly the opposite of what you think. Grigson has had so many issues NOT work out that it almost cost him his job, why would he start taking MORE risks??

If there's a guy who he thinks can come in and be an impact player I think he'll look at him. Like Spence for example. If Grigs and the staff feel he's that game changing pass rusher we need I think we'll draft him at 18.

I actually wouldn't be against giving Galette a shot. His contract last year was a 1 year prove it deal for the Redskins worth less than $750k, BEFORE a torn achilles. He'll likely get a similar deal this year. With a deal like that I'm 100% on board. If he's a issue, then cut him, no problem. But we need pass rushers. And where else are you gonna get one with his potential for that cheap? Low risk, high reward imo.

11 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

If there's a guy who he thinks can come in and be an impact player I think he'll look at him. Like Spence for example. If Grigs and the staff feel he's that game changing pass rusher we need I think we'll draft him at 18.

They may indeed think he's the game changing pass rusher we need,  and they may STILL pass on him due to off the field concerns.       I think Grigson's no knucklehead before the 5th round is still in effect.

And since Spence has a arrest for public drunkeness while at Eastern Kentucky and he has reportedly not done well in the interviews at the combine,   I think at this point it's more likely than not that we don't take Spence,  even if he's there at 18......

Just trying to prepare you for a possible disappointment....

46 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

They may indeed think he's the game changing pass rusher we need,  and they may STILL pass on him due to off the field concerns.       I think Grigson's no knucklehead before the 5th round is still in effect.

And since Spence has a arrest for public drunkeness while at Eastern Kentucky and he has reportedly not done well in the interviews at the combine,   I think at this point it's more likely than not that we don't take Spence,  even if he's there at 18......

Just trying to prepare you for a possible disappointment....

The interview thing is supposed to be a lie though. I read Spence didn't say that

15 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

The interview thing is supposed to be a lie though. I read Spence didn't say that

I honestly have no idea what you're referring to?     I have not read any specifics....

All I've read is that front office types say Spence has not done well with them....     the comments have been generic,  and not specific.

But that has reportedly been from multiple teams....

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I honestly have no idea what you're referring to?     I have not read any specifics....

All I've read is that front office types say Spence has not done well with them....     the comments have been generic,  and not specific.

Spence denies saying "I wasn't the only one at OSU doing drugs", and a couple more things. I'd say he's telling the truth because if he weren't it would only cause him more issues since teams would know if he said those things or not.

14 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Spence denies saying "I wasn't the only one at OSU doing drugs", and a couple more things. I'd say he's telling the truth because if he weren't it would only cause him more issues since teams would know if he said those things or not.

So the multiple Teams and sources saying his interviews went wrong are all lying? Why do you trust one person, who has a history of lying over multiple sources??

2 hours ago, Seanmac90 said:

I actually wouldn't be against giving Galette a shot. His contract last year was a 1 year prove it deal for the Redskins worth less than $750k, BEFORE a torn achilles. He'll likely get a similar deal this year. With a deal like that I'm 100% on board. If he's a issue, then cut him, no problem. But we need pass rushers. And where else are you gonna get one with his potential for that cheap? Low risk, high reward imo.

He is looking for 7-9 million on a one year prove it deal, as per a report. After that he said he if he plays well he won't taken another "slave contract like he got from the saints" (10m / year).  Getting him, especially for an extended period is going to cost us MAJOR cap space and I'd rather not risk almost 10% of our cap on someone with so many red flags. 

If he would sign for 750K, absolutely. But I doubt it. He said he only took that contract cuz he was getting paid from New Orleans. 

9 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

So the multiple Teams and sources saying his interviews went wrong are all lying? Why do you trust one person, who has a history of lying over multiple sources??

He said he didn't say that 1 thing about the other players and drugs. And I believe him because if he's lying it would really hurt him considering the teams would know what he said. By people saying the interviews "didn't go well" That could mean anything and could be no big deal. Maybe he didn't really say anything wrong, but didn't really know how to conduct himself and didn't realize he was doing anything wrong. Who knows.

1 minute ago, COLTS449 said:

He said he didn't say that 1 thing about the other players and drugs. And I believe him because if he's lying it would really hurt him considering the teams would know what he said. By people saying the interviews "didn't go well" That could mean anything and could be no big deal. Maybe he didn't really say anything wrong, but didn't really know how to conduct himself and didn't realize he was doing anything wrong. Who knows.

I'll give you that, as I think there was only report saying he actually blamed other people. 

But you can't deny that his interviews not going well,  in conjunction with his low numbers in the combine, make him a risk in the first round. If he fell to the third, sure I'd be all for it. But not at 18th overall. Might he be a great player, absolutely. Honestly I hope he is really good, another feel good story for addicts and young adults everywhere. But with how few pass rushers have actually worked out in the last 5 years (in general), it's risky enough as it is without adding possible suspensions and rehab trips. 

39 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I'm sure he wasn't the only one......

But that's not my big concern....    that doesn't reflect so much on Spence....

What's coming out of the Combine is that a number of teams who met with Spence and asked about his years at Ohio State and then at E. Kentucky were not impressed with his answers.      I don't know specifics, those were not revealed,  only that Spence did not do well in interviews....

So, since Grigson is big on not drafting knuckleheads in the first 4 rounds,  I'd say the odds are far better than 50-50 that even if Spence is available,  the Colts won't be taking hm.      And for what it's worth,  at least 2 GM's have said they don't think Spence will go in the first round -- period.     Doesn't mean that's what will happen....  only what is being whispered....

19 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm sure he wasn't the only one......

But that's not my big concern....    that doesn't reflect so much on Spence....

What's coming out of the Combine is that a number of teams who met with Spence and asked about his years at Ohio State and then at E. Kentucky were not impressed with his answers.      I don't know specifics, those were not revealed,  only that Spence did not do well in interviews....

So, since Grigson is big on not drafting knuckleheads in the first 4 rounds,  I'd say the odds are far better than 50-50 that even if Spence is available,  the Colts won't be taking hm.      And for what it's worth,  at least 2 GM's have said they don't think Spence will go in the first round -- period.     Doesn't mean that's what will happen....  only what is being whispered....

A lot of that could be smoke screens too. To try and help push him down to a certain pick.

1 minute ago, COLTS449 said:

A lot of that could be smoke screens too. To try and help push him down to a certain pick.

Yes......     that's also possible.      Very fair point.

Personally,   I would not be the least bit surprised if he does go in the first round.     His talent is just too strong and many teams (most?)  don't put as much of a premium on character as the Colts do.

So, I can see a large number of teams being willing to draft Spence and take their chances......

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes......     that's also possible.      Very fair point.

Personally,   I would not be the least bit surprised if he does go in the first round.     His talent is just too strong and many teams (most?)  don't put as much of a premium on character as the Colts do.

So, I can see a large number of teams being willing to draft Spence and take their chances......

See I think Grigson would be more inclined to take a kid like Spence this year. He almost lost his job so I think if he feels Spence can come in and be the premier pass rusher we need. then I think we could very well take him. Grigson knows he's got to bring in some talent.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

See I think Grigson would be more inclined to take a kid like Spence this year. He almost lost his job so I think if he feels Spence can come in and be the premier pass rusher we need. then I think we could very well take him. Grigson knows he's got to bring in some talent.

I think Grigson....   might.....

But I'm not so sure about Irsay.....

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I would not touch Spence or Gallete. The most accurate way to predict someone's behavior is to look at their past. 

If we take Kelly at 18 my head will explode. It's crazy if we really want him take him in the 2nd I think we could trade down there and get him. 

20 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I would not touch Spence or Gallete. The most accurate way to predict someone's behavior is to look at their past. 

If we take Kelly at 18 my head will explode. It's crazy if we really want him take him in the 2nd I think we could trade down there and get him. 

In another post somewhere I referred to Gallette as a good player but a clubhouse cancer.    And I think he's coming off an Achilles injury,   so way too many serious problems for my taste.    I'd steer way clear.

As to Kelly....    I think he's going to go up in some rankings -- that's just my hunch.    I don't mind trading down to take him,   but I'd caution as to how far down I'd be willing to go.     I wouldn't want to trade too far back only to have him taken before we can.

Kelly showed up at the combine about 10-12 pounds bigger than expected...   and tested very well.   And he's got three good years of tape as a starter for Alabama.      If he doesn't go in the first round, I'd guess he goes before pick 40 in the 2nd.      But we'd be playing with fire if we trade back too far.

I'm now focusing on another center in case we don't get Kelly...    Christian Westerman,  the guard from Arizona State.     Some will see a guard,  but from what I'm reading he might be just perfect for a center.    I'm very, very interested in him.     Very.

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

In another post somewhere I referred to Gallette as a good player but a clubhouse cancer.    And I think he's coming off an Achilles injury,   so way too many serious problems for my taste.    I'd steer way clear.

As to Kelly....    I think he's going to go up in some rankings -- that's just my hunch.    I don't mind trading down to take him,   but I'd caution as to how far down I'd be willing to go.     I wouldn't want to trade too far back only to have him taken before we can.

Kelly showed up at the combine about 10-12 pounds bigger than expected...   and tested very well.   And he's got three good years of tape as a starter for Alabama.      If he doesn't go in the first round, I'd guess he goes before pick 40 in the 2nd.      But we'd be playing with fire if we trade back too far.

I'm now focusing on another center in case we don't get Kelly...    Christian Westerman,  the guard from Arizona State.     Some will see a guard,  but from what I'm reading he might be just perfect for a center.    I'm very, very interested in him.     Very.

Man I just don't see a C going before we draft in the 2nd not with the DL and CB talent in this draft. I hope we get Jones or Wiz in FA and can be done with C.  It should not be so hard to find a competent C. 

As far as Westerman I agree I like him at C. I also like Glasgow and Boehm day 3. Another guy I really like is Booker C/G from Missouri St. I'm not sure where he goes. I'd love to be able to get him as an UDFA. 

I don't care much for Martin as high as he's projected and wouldn't want Tuerk.

I'd love to see all D the first 2 days. Billings at 18. Then grab an edge rusher in the second I'd look for Correra,Calhoun or maybe Ogbah slips to us. Then a CB in the 3rd maybe Burns slips I'd be more than happy to take Howard there. 

It will be interesting to see what we do in FA. We will have a better idea of what the direction the draft is going, I don't want to sit through another year of Holmes and Harrison I know that. 

3 hours ago, akcolt said:

Man I just don't see a C going before we draft in the 2nd not with the DL and CB talent in this draft. I hope we get Jones or Wiz in FA and can be done with C.  It should not be so hard to find a competent C. 

As far as Westerman I agree I like him at C. I also like Glasgow and Boehm day 3. Another guy I really like is Booker C/G from Missouri St. I'm not sure where he goes. I'd love to be able to get him as an UDFA. 

I don't care much for Martin as high as he's projected and wouldn't want Tuerk.

I'd love to see all D the first 2 days. Billings at 18. Then grab an edge rusher in the second I'd look for Correra,Calhoun or maybe Ogbah slips to us. Then a CB in the 3rd maybe Burns slips I'd be more than happy to take Howard there. 

It will be interesting to see what we do in FA. We will have a better idea of what the direction the draft is going, I don't want to sit through another year of Holmes and Harrison I know that. 

You don't see a center going before pick 48?

It only takes one,  no matter how much DT and CB talent there is.

I'm very, VERY comfortable predicting Kelly goes before 48 and perhaps even at the bottom of the first round.

Remember,  there are 16 picks in the 2nd round before our pick comes around.    If Kelly hasn't gone in the 1st,  then he's very likely to go in the 2nd.      He's the best center in the draft, and one of the better centers of the last few years.      I don't see him lasting to 48.     (But I'd be beyond THRILLED if he did!)

On 3/6/2016 at 4:12 PM, COLTS449 said:

Da'Rick Rogers

Lavon Brazil

Louchiez Purifoy

Johnathan Newsome

Hugh Thornton

Andrew Jackson

I know some of these guys were released after their incidents. But others weren't. Thornton was considered a knucklehead and we drafted him in the 3rd. It seems to me. If a players get into some type of trouble. It all depends on how good of a player they are. For example. If Winston Guy beat up a pizza boy (LOL) he would be cut. But a starter (pro bowl LB did so he didn't get cut. So I could see a good player with off the field issues being signed. Grigson knows he came close to losing his job so he'll have a whole new approach this year. He'll bring in guys who can play. Even if they have a history IMO. That's why I think we'll be looking at Noah Spence. He's he best pass rusher in this class and could be a double digit sack OLB for several years

What about Mike McGlynn?

Serial killer murdered a million donuts during his time here.