2008-steelers cards

2009-colts saints

2010-steelers packers

2011-patriots giants

2012-ravens 49ers

2013-broncos seahawks

2014-patriots seahawks

2015-broncos panthers

only four teams outside the bills steelers pats broncos ravens and colts represented the afc  

only five teams outside the giants bears 49ers cowboys packers rams panthers and seahawks represented the nfc

even if you take out those with less then 3 super bowl appearances, you still have the bills steelers broncos and pats for the AFC and the 49ers giants cowboys packers and seahawks for the nfc

id say parity really doesnt exist

8 minutes ago, CR91 said:

1986-patriots  bears

1987-broncos giants

1988-broncos 49ers

1989-bengals 49ers

1990-bills giants

1991-bills redskins

1992-bills cowboys

1993-bills cowboys

1994-chargers 49ers

1995-steelers cowboys

1996-patriots packers

1997-broncos packers

1998-broncos falcons

1999-titans rams

2000-ravens giants

2001-patriots rams

2002-raiders bucs

2003-patriots panthers

2004-patriots eagles

2005-steelers seahawks

2006-colts bears

2007-patriots giants

2008-steelers cards

2009-colts saints

2010-steelers packers

2011-patriots giants

2012-ravens 49ers

2013-broncos seahawks

2014-patriots seahawks

2015-broncos panthers

only four teams outside the bills steelers pats broncos ravens and colts represented the afc  

only five teams outside the giants bears 49ers cowboys packers rams panthers and seahawks represented the nfc

even if you take out those with less then 3 super bowl appearances, you still have the bills steelers broncos and pats for the AFC and the 49ers giants cowboys packers and seahawks for the nfc

id say parity really doesnt exist

At least for the NFC, having 13 different teams represent the conference shows parity. Only 3 teams have not. 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

At least for the NFC, having 13 different teams represent the conference shows parity. Only 3 teams have not. 

you have 5 teams in the NFC that have have went to the super bowl 3 times though

26 minutes ago, CR91 said:

that is 62 percent of the teams in the AFC.  is that not enough for you?

you cant expect it to be perfect

17 minutes ago, CR91 said:

you have 5 teams in the NFC that have have went to the super bowl 3 times though

I get that but to have almost every team represent the NFC in the Super Bowl in that time period is incredible. I don't think any other sport has that kind of parity. BTW, it is actually 14 out of the 16  NFC teams (87.5%) that have made the Super Bowl in the time period that you noted. Even if you remove the first five years, you still have 14 teams making it. That is parity. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there only 4 teams that have never made a SB appearance? 

Lions, Texans, Jaguars, Browns. 28 out of 32 have eventually appeared in the big game. You can't have an "absolute" when dealing with parity. It can be seen many different ways in any sport.

7 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there only 4 teams that have never made a SB appearance? 

Lions, Texans, Jaguars, Browns. 28 out of 32 have eventually appeared in the big game.

Not to mention the Jags and Texans are relatively new teams only being around since 1995 and 2002 respectively.

The Browns HAVE made and won a few superbowls...of course they did it as the Baltimore Ravens. THESE Browns are pretty new.

The Lions, well, I got nothin' there. They don't call it Detoilet for nothing.

11 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

Not to mention the Jags and Texans are relatively new teams only being around since 1995 and 2002 respectively.

The Browns HAVE made and won a few superbowls...of course they did it as the Baltimore Ravens. THESE Browns are pretty new.

The Lions, well, I got nothin' there. They don't call it Detoilet for nothing.

Also the old Houston Oilers never made a SB before they became the Titans. I'll never forget the loss to the Bills when they were up on them 35-3 in the 3rd quarter of that Playoff game at Rich Stadium, eventually losing 41-38.

57 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

that is 62 percent of the teams in the AFC.  is that not enough for you?

you cant expect it to be perfect

not when you have the same group of teams making the super bowl every year

49 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Its the best qbs.  The difference between being a contender and not is usually behind center

def plays a factor of course, but youve had great qbs like brees and rodgers go to only one super bowl. panthers went to the super bowl with jake delomme at QB. its surprising as great as brees and rodgers are, they cant duplicate the same success of peyton and brady on getting their team to the super bowl every other year. big ben too

just looked over this again,  13 different teams have gone to the super bowl over the last 10 years.

13 out of a possible 20 at the very most is decent parity 

it wont be perfect. the best QBs will make it to more than one in their life, so we have repeats 

11 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

just looked over this again,  13 different teams have gone to the super bowl over the last 10 years.

13 out of a possible 20 at the very most is decent parity 

it wont be perfect. the best QBs will make it to more than one in their life, so we have repeats 

how many repeats just a few years later though