Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016 Hall-of-Famers

oldunclemark

23 hours ago, NFLfan said:

There are many finalists deserving of induction this year.  Favre is a lock. Marvin and Owens should be too. I can see the voters selecting only one WR -- perhaps they will make Owens wait a year so that he is not among the "first-ballot Hall of Famers". I love Tony Dungy, but I cannot see it this year. I would be thrilled though. I love John Lynch too but I don't see that either.

My predictions:

Favre

Marvin Harrison -- it would be a farce if he does not get in

Orlando Pace

Kurt Warner

Kevin Greene -- he's waited long enough

Ken Stabler (going out on a limb on the last two) 

Terrell Owens should be in. I don't feel good keeping him out.

Nailed it!

im happy guys like greene and stabler finally got in. its been long overdue. im actually surprised of the number of players from the 70s raiders not in the HOF like lester haynes who had like 12 ints one season and would have had the record if not a few of his picks being called back, cliff branch who even mel blount said was one of the hardest wrs he had to cover, lyle alzado I know played in the 80s not the 70s, but also deserves to be in it when he has more sacks then howie long. 

18 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Really? I guess Keven Green shouldn't have been voted in? There are quite a few HOF members who waited a very long time to get in. So by your comment Favre don't deserve to be in the HOF according to his high rate of interceptions? It don't seem right to hand pick the stat that you want without looking at the whole body of work.

Kevin Greene should not have had to wait this long period. I never compared Stabler to Favre. IMO the only thing the two have in common is one Lombardi.  Farve`s stats are far superior to Stabler in every aspect. They played in far different times, so with Stabler, I use J. Unitas as a bench mark to come up with my opinion Stabler is not really HOF worthy.    

3 hours ago, MPStack said:

Kevin Greene should not have had to wait this long period. I never compared Stabler to Favre. IMO the only thing the two have in common is one Lombardi.  Farve`s stats are far superior to Stabler in every aspect. They played in far different times, so with Stabler, I use J. Unitas as a bench mark to come up with my opinion Stabler is not really HOF worthy.    

Using Unitas as a benchmark is kind of being narrow minded IMO. The HOF does not mean the best at every position. If that is the case you need to overlook Unitas because Sammy Bough was better. (see what I mean)