Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Memorable Super Bowl Moment #14

IndyD4U

7 minutes ago, TrueBlueHorseshoe said:

This is called sadism, it is not considered a positive personality trait.

I'm very familiar with Myers & Briggs and Jung personality traits. The Federal Government makes you do through excruciating testing for security clearance.

On January 20, 2016 at 8:51 PM, peytonmanning18 said:

The Colts actually recovered that kick.  Even the refs said so during the scrum for the ball.  

Agreed. And part of why Payton had his kicker aim it toward the Saints sideline. It was chaos over there and they probably should have been givien a 15 yarder for players/coaches on the field...long story short: I maintain to this day the Colts initially recovered it but lost it in the way too long scrum. 

I hate this, but it was a memorable Super Bowl moment....it took some brass buttons to do it, and had it not worked, Sean Payton would have been criticized forever. That said, while it did swing momentum, it didn't seal the win for the Saints. Manning's pick six did. And I still don't put that all on him. Reggie Wayne cut off his route, even went so far in the following weeks to admit so much on local radio. Had he run the full route it probably is at worst a pass breakup.

I have heard that when Manning was dinged up on the play before he was told by Saturday to sit down or call a timeout. He didnt and the result was 6pts and a loss.

It was also a bad pass, Wayne was behind Porter and Manning missed him. Again showing some proof that he was hurt.  Remember this took place during the time when the Saints were paid for hurting players.

Just watch the play Manning go hit and look at his demeanor after

10 hours ago, cmgww said:

Agreed. And part of why Payton had his kicker aim it toward the Saints sideline. It was chaos over there and they probably should have been givien a 15 yarder for players/coaches on the field...long story short: I maintain to this day the Colts initially recovered it but lost it in the way too long scrum. 

I hate this, but it was a memorable Super Bowl moment....it took some brass buttons to do it, and had it not worked, Sean Payton would have been criticized forever. That said, while it did swing momentum, it didn't seal the win for the Saints. Manning's pick six did. And I still don't put that all on him. Reggie Wayne cut off his route, even went so far in the following weeks to admit so much on local radio. Had he run the full route it probably is at worst a pass breakup.

There was too many bad plays and coaching decisions in that game to say it came down to one play.  Garcon's drop on 3rd and short which could have been a huge play because he would have been off to the races, Caldwell's decision to play scared by handing the ball to Mike Hart 3 times after the goal line stand which allowed NO to kick a field goal at the end of the first half (perfect example of playing not to lose), the onside kick, having Matt Stover attempt a field goal over 50 yards, and obviously Manning's INT all killed us.  No game during his tenure ever exposed Jim Caldwell for how terrible a coach he was than that game.