Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

OL we've brought in

DalTXColtsFan

16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Of these five,   Satele and McGlynn should not be on the list.     We had an 80 Million dollar payroll that year when the rest of the NFL was playing with a 120 million payroll.      We did the best we could under very bad circumstances.

Of the remaining three, the one that bothers me the most -- easily -- is Herremans.      We were entering year 4 of the Grigson era,  we've had continuous struggles with the OL and the only guy Grigson signs is a guy coming off a terrible year,  nearly in his mid-30's,  and he's going to step in and suddenly play as if he's 5-10 years younger?

We had a deep gash and Grigson tried to cover it up with a small band-aid.     

Ridiculous and indefensible.      He was on the sidelines after the first two terrible games and didn't play all that much the rest of the way.  

Bad signing.

Cherilous was a poor contract,  but not the worst signing.      Thomas was a lot of bad luck.

Agree with everything! Thanks for articulating it better than I ever could, hence saving me a post:P

12 hours ago, wig said:

The encouraging thing is they have only spent one pick in the first 3 rounds and it was a hit. I hope the issue is using recources, not evaluating. I can't imagine he doesn't get something on the OL in the first few rounds.

Actually 2 picks because Thorton was a 3rd rounder. But I think it's a little of both with Grigson: failure to use resources and evaluating.

Lance Louis is an example of poor evaluation. In an interview he was saying that when he went back and watched the Bears game from 2012 he thought Louis was the best lineman they had.

An example of failure to use resources is a guy like Ulrick John. Grigson came from Philly where they hit on several "diamond in the rough" guys like Kelce and Herremans. Plus he saw the GM get Mathis as a FA and got an All-Pro season out of him. So he is froogal at times , thinking he doesn't have to go after big names or draft high. Which has bitten him in the behind in Indy.

Don't forget Winston Justice, lol. 

I still can't believe we made AQ Shipley ride the bench when he was here. That guy wasn't a world beater by any means, but he was the best option at that time. I think he's starting for the Cardinals now also. 

We left Reitz on the bench for too long as well. 

Grigson being a former offensive lineman still boggles my mind how bad he is at evaluation of O-Line talent. 

11 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I like Denzelle Good. Solid player that filled in nicely when Castonzo went down, and for a 7th rounder (255th pick), he was an absolute steal. Irsay seems to be pretty high on him as well:

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/1/11/10749688/jim-irsay-has-high-hopes-for-colts-right-tackle-denzelle-good

Thanks for the link. 

BTW, what happened to that great avatar you had before? Of the man with those thick glasses? I loved that! :thmup: