Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any exceptional pass blocking RT's in the first round this year?

I'm going to study some tape of players in the 2016 NFL draft in a few days. The first thing I want to do is study the O-Line. We obviously aren't getting Tunsil and Stanley, but there are a few more options that all play RT that could be great for us. For anyone who may know this, out of Taylor Decker, Jack Conklin, Germain Ifedi, and Jason Spriggs, are any of them exceptional pass blockers? I'm asking because Mewhort did a great job pass blocking this year and didn't allow a sack. If we can get someone at RT like him, it would put us in great shape come next year when Luck returns healthy and I would like to study them. Thanks!

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Or the 2nd round.

Not sure it's necessary to take a Right Tackle in the first.

We'll be picking around 50th in the 2nd round,  and there should be a quality RT at that spot....

I'm hoping for pass rush in the first.

I just don't see it as a good year for pass rushing LBs.

Good true DEs and interior pass rushers though. 

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm going to study some tape of players in the 2016 NFL draft in a few days. The first thing I want to do is study the O-Line. We obviously aren't getting Tunsil and Stanley, but there are a few more options that all play RT that could be great for us. For anyone who may know this, out of Taylor Decker, Jack Conklin, Germain Ifedi, and Jason Spriggs, are any of them exceptional pass blockers? I'm asking because Mewhort did a great job pass blocking this year and didn't allow a sack. If we can get someone at RT like him, it would put us in great shape come next year when Luck returns healthy and I would like to study them. Thanks!

Decker, Spriggs, Conklin, Kyle Murphy (Stanford) will be early Rd. selections. Then John Theus (Georgia), LeRaven Clark (Texas Tech). Later Rd. selections I think could be intriguing are Pearce Slater (San Diego State) and Taylor Fallin (Memphis). I believe Ifedi will get moved to OG in the NFL.

1 minute ago, GoColts00 said:

Decker, Spriggs, Conklin, Kyle Murphy (Stanford) will be early Rd. selections. Then John Theus (Georgia), LeRaven Clark (Texas Tech). Later Rd. selections I think could be intriguing are Pearce Slater (San Diego State) and Taylor Fallin (Memphis). I believe Ifedi will get moved to OG in the NFL.

Thanks for the selection! I'll keep these guys in mind as I work on RT's. Appreciate it!

46 minutes ago, DougDew said:

There is going to be a very good Tackle, Guard, or Center (Nick Martin) available at pick #50.  It will be easier to find a the olineman there than a shut down CB or Pass Rusher.  I'd rather find the impact player at #18.

Not sure about pass rusher but there should be a CB available at 18.  

We can find good Olinemen in Rounds 2-5. I don't mean we pick Oline with all those picks either. We need to pick someone that's a playmaker @ 18. Jaylon Smith!, Myles Jack, Emmanuel Ogbah, Yannick Ngakoue, A'Shawn Robinson, etc. 

I think finding Oline in FA and the Draft would be best. Quality people on a 2-3 year contract while the rookies get acclimated to the NFL.