Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Black Monday update

bababooey

4 minutes ago, bababooey said:

We don't know if they are going to interview him yet for HC.

True, but I don't think he's going to be "fired" from the Dolphins organization. Black Monday is all about firings, not hirings lol.

1 minute ago, bababooey said:

Actually just read that Fins are interviewing Bills RB coach Anthony Lynn.

Hmm. Never heard of him before. Doesn't have any head coaching experience either, but I guess you have to start somewhere.

Philadelphia: Kelly fired, GM still there

Cleveland: Pettine fired, GM gone

San Francisco: Tomsula fired, GM still there

New York: Coughlin fired, GM still there

Indianapolis: 

Miami: Coach TBD, GM gone

New Orleans:

San Diego: McCoy Safe, GM still there

Detroit: Caldwell Safe, GM still there

Titans: Coach TBD, GM gone

1 hour ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Chargers just announced that Mike McCoy will be retained but watch for other (probably many) changes in staff.  Eric Weddle's locker is completely packed up and his name plate gone.  DC Pagano rumored to be going.

I would love if Whisenhunt came back as OC since he's been fired at Tennessee

I was really hoping McCoy would be let go so the Colts could scoop him up as OC lol. Damnit

To update for Jerry Reese status.

Philadelphia: Kelly fired, GM still there

Cleveland: Pettine fired, GM gone

San Francisco: Tomsula fired, GM still there

New York: Coughlin fired, GM safe

Indianapolis: 

Miami: Coach TBD (interviewing Bills RB coach), GM gone

New Orleans:

San Diego: McCoy Safe, GM still there

Detroit: Caldwell Safe, GM still there

Titans: Coach TBD, GM gone

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Because their offense was really good until everyone got injured lol.  I mean their defense was a different story, but they were doing at least decent.

I really wanted him as an OC lol good to keep him I guess since they most likely are moving 

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

Originally said he was fired but now reported he decided to step down. If he didn't he would have been fired anyway.

Yeah the Giants didn't want the story to read that they fired the guy who won them 2 SB's.

But I read he said that he still wants to coach.  That means that he was forced out and the wording is being done specifically because he won them 2 SB's.  

3 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Yeah the Giants didn't want the story to read that they fired the guy who won them 2 SB's.

But I read he said that he still wants to coach.  That means that he was forced out and the wording is being done specifically because he won them 2 SB's.  

Yea he is part of the Giants legacy so he deserved to go out on his own terms even though everyone here in NY knows he would have been fired if he didn't. Bleacher Report says he wants to coach, but his age makes it tough. I said before I think he goes to a smaller D1 program maybe in NY where his name is the best recruiting tool and he can be with his family and not have to dedicate as much time or live in the spotlight and scrutiny of NYC.

2 hours ago, BOTT said:

I was really hoping McCoy would be let go so the Colts could scoop him up as OC lol. Damnit

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I really wanted him as an OC lol good to keep him I guess since they most likely are moving 

I'm one of the few SD fans that wanted to see McCoy stay another year.  

First reason - revolving door coach/GM franchises tend to stay revolving door.  A culture is being established that s actually quite promising.  There were no excuses.  No quit.  No whining.  And the team came to play every game as one without drama (well... until Weddle's drama at the end).

Second reason - those of you who haven't paid close attention to our last two seasons, our O Line has been decimated 2 or 3 times over.  I almost cried last night watching the Vikings/GB game when the announcers said that the Vikings front line had been the same for a whole season.  Geesh... It's been 4 or 5 years since we could say that and magically that's about how long we've been average to this years' bad.  

Third reason - with reason #2's facts that we were within one score in 9 or our 12 losses and 6 or 7 of those coming down to the last play we aren't as far away from winning as a Tennessee or Cleveland.  There are intangibles that are improving with our young players - speed to the ball, tackling, hitting hard on D that could begin to bear fruit for a new era.

Ever the hopeful fan,

Pollyanna  

2 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

I'm one of the few SD fans that wanted to see McCoy stay another year.  

First reason - revolving door coach/GM franchises tend to stay revolving door.  A culture is being established that s actually quite promising.  There were no excuses.  No quit.  No whining.  And the team came to play every game as one without drama (well... until Weddle's drama at the end).

Second reason - those of you who haven't paid close attention to our last two seasons, our O Line has been decimated 2 or 3 times over.  I almost cried last night watching the Vikings/GB game when the announcers said that the Vikings front line had been the same for a whole season.  Geesh... It's been 4 or 5 years since we could say that and magically that's about how long we've been average to this years' bad.  

Third reason - with reason #2's facts that we were within one score in 9 or our 12 losses and 6 or 7 of those coming down to the last play we aren't as far away from winning as a Tennessee or Cleveland.  There are intangibles that are improving with our young players - speed to the ball, tackling, hitting hard on D that could begin to bear fruit for a new era.

Ever the hopeful fan,

Pollyanna  

Thanks for sharing that. I agree with you when it comes to the "revolving door" of coaches. It is good to read that your team chose to retain McCoy.

The bolded is somewhat misleading.  While it is true that the same 5 players started all 16 games, two of those guys were supposed to be reserves. We lost our starting RT Phil Loadholt in training camp and our starting center John Sullivan just before the season began. The O-line has been terrible the whole year.