Are the Patriots tanking the #1 seed?

chad72

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On January 3, 2016 at 2:33 AM, chad72 said:

This is not typical of the Patriots. Losing a game late in the season with the #1 seed on the line in the last game?

Are the Patriots playing match ups and avoiding the Steelers who they think will get past the #3 seed?

Why do they want to lose 1 seed which has a potential to take them to Denver?.

And knowing Brady, weather over 60 combined with Mile High is suicidical ( 2013 AFCCG ).

You are reaching out way too much here. 

On January 3, 2016 at 3:25 AM, chad72 said:

Peyton takes longer to get in rhythm, Brady does not, IMO. Hence, I feel the divisional round offensive performances from Peyton have been less stellar compared to Brady both of them coming off a bye week.

That is why the Ravens felt that they could take on the Patriots with an extra game of playoff mileage while they can take their chances vs a Peyton led offense coming off a bye week than a Brady led offense coming off a bye week. The Patriots hope is that the Steelers traditionally have played the Broncos well. If the Steelers lose to the Bengals, the Bengals are an easy out for the Patriots but if the Steelers beat the Bengals, they'd rather see the Steelers at home with one more playoff game with a chance for Steelers injuries than the Steelers directly in the divisional round. Plus, the Patriots' record at Mile High is not great either. So, they are playing the odds, IMO.

Osweiler and McCarron are not going to beat Brady throwing the ball, only Big Ben can.

Last time I checked, 

Osweiler  - 1

Brady  - 0

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Funny that Marvin Harrison was mentioned in the A Mitchell discussion . My family was from the Syracuse area and my first cousin was a teammate of Marvin Harrison.  M.H. had a few Sunday dinners at my cousin's home . To put it bluntly , Marvin had a very "unusual " personality . Very aloof among with things. Hopefully Mitchell will follow in his footsteps.
    • Agreed. I don't really care how his communication skills are as long as they don't negatively affect the team or his performance. I've never heard he was a bad teammate from his coaches or teammate, so that's good. 
    • I think she will do fine or great.  I won't watch but it is good for the Fever and the WNBA. 
    • I'm going to get over his ability to express himself as I see him being the best thing at his WR responsibilities since Marvin.   Yea, it's the optimist time of the offseason.  We're going toe to toe baby!    I'm catching a game a week of replays of last seasons big games, and a Colts game now and then. I hope AR watches a lot of them too. There is a way, a rhythm how the good QBs, the good offenses get it done.     One thing I see against good defenses is what a danger zone throwing across the middle is.   And we saw what a easy pitch and catch team our D is between the hash marks.    
    • I think as the team ownership slowly transitions from Jim to his daughters, the likelyhood of change and tweaks will increase. They will most likely honor the spirit of Jim's wishes when that day comes, but seek opportunity to put their own spin on things......I think we are already starting to see some signs of that already. 
  • Members

• Pelt

Pelt 1,224

• Iron Colt

Iron Colt 133

• Colt Overseas

Colt Overseas 1,335

• holeymoley99

holeymoley99 2,647

• richard pallo

richard pallo 9,080

• Dobbinblitz