Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Johnny Football at it again

CR91

6 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Oh my, the NFL cannot put up with this type of behavior.  I mean, a grown man eating dinner and playing black jack in Vegas... the scandal.

Johnny missed his mandatory appointment for treatment with the Browns medical team at 9:00 am Sunday morning.  It is a requirement of any player in concussion protocol to go to Berea,  not the Stadium. Manziel blew it off to party in Vegas, forget any medical treatment.

This isn't about Manziel enjoying himself, it is about him giving his teammates and the Brown coaches/F.O. the bird. He doesn't care about the team, or following team orders/protocols. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts many veteran (not rookie) players had harsh words (or more) for Johnny when he finally showed up Monday morning to clear out his stuff and go through the exit physical and interview.

It's the second straight year that Manziel failed to show up for a season-ending treatment. Last year, he overslept for hamstring treatment the day before the season finale in Pittsburgh and was banished to the locker room during the game.

Joe Thomas-

"If that's a true report that's obvious for him some things are more important than football and being a starting quarterback and that's something that probably needs to be addressed in the offseason." said Thomas.

What would he like to see from Manziel going forward?

"Just a commitment to the game, that's the biggest thing." he said. "I just want to know the Cleveland Browns are the most important thing in that person's life."

It is apparently not, and it was likely brought out in the locker room by a few of the teams Vets...

9 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Oh my, the NFL cannot put up with this type of behavior.  I mean, a grown man eating dinner and playing black jack in Vegas... the scandal.

Yeah,   during the season it is a problem.   Unless it was their bye week

This kid is a train wreck.. classic case of affluenza, he has never had any consequences his entire life or had to be accountable for his actions ever.. and his parents are loaded so he knows he'll never have to struggle or work hard for anything

Hes a little punk, he bought into his celebrity before ever accomplishing anything on a football field and thinks hes the king.. maybe in college Johnny boy, but in the NFL you are nothing but a joke.. a cautionary tale at best

9 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

He was in vegas drinking and gambling during a game week.. and he failed to report to a mandatory health follow up.. he was also hungover at practice once this year, and pulled some of the same nonsense last year...

The kid is a total joke.. he still acts like a teenager, he has no leadership qualities and thinks he runs the world when he has accomplished literally nothing since leaving college

I wouldn't even give him the vet minimum.. i would keep him far, far away from my roster because he can infect a locker room and turn some guys to the dark side

On January 7, 2016 at 10:27 AM, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Didn't I read somewhere that this has been a long time problem and lifestyle with him?  Very possible that he is an alcoholic (not being mean spirited here, just looking at the history)  and thinking until he accepts this and accepts the fact that he cannot drink -- nothing will ever change.

Yeah he was like this in college too.  It sort of took a backseat because he was winning.  But this is nothing new for him and everyone knew about it so the browns can't claim ignorance here.

He was a party boy in college and drank a ton.  Was asked to leave the Manning passing academy because he was suppose to show up and coach a bunch of kids but got drunk and overslept.

So Browns knew about all of his personal issues and then handed him millions of dollars.  You could tell it was gonna go bad when on draft day he walked out and flashed the money symbol as he was approaching the commish.  It was quite frankly the most arrogant thing I've personally ever seen on draft day.

Having it all and tossing every bit of it. He reminds me of the punk kid that was drunk and killed four people in a wreck and was given 10 years probation "affluenesa" (too wealthy to be responsible.) only to violate his probation then leave the country with his mommy.