Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Green Bay (+4.5) @ Arizona (12-27-15)

oldunclemark

4:25 EST....Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and Erin Andrews on FOX

low 50s and sunny (until it gets dark obviously) over-under is 50

MVP Aaron Rodgers (304 of 500, 3,379 yards, 29 TDs and 6 INTs) has WR Randall Cobb (70 catches, 777 yards) and James Jones (41 catches, 742 yards)

RB Eddie Lacy has 662 yards on 162 carries...

Older than dirt Julius Peppers has 9.5 of the Packers 238 QB sacks.

Cardinal QB Carson Palmer (312 of 485, 4,277 yards, 32 TDs, 9 INTs) has AARP wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald (99 carries, 1,311 yards)

The Arizona defense will go without DB Tyrann Mathieu (5 interceptions) ..who is now out for the year

Cards have only 21 QB sacks but old Colt Dwight Freeney was 4 of them

Cardinals (12-2) have won eight in a row and lead the NFL in scoring with a team record 445 points.

Packers (10-4) have won 3 in a row and they are the No.2 seed in the NFC if they win their last 2 and Arizona loses their last 2 (to GB and Seattle)

I like Green Bay a lot here. Rodgers is tough to sack and Cards don't sack the QB much. Pack runs the ball better.

I just think the Packers are the better team. The 'over' seems likely but getting 4 1/2 ..take the Pack and the points

57 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Things that happened in past years just are not relevant to this years teams..this year's games..

Teams change.

Well duh unc...but nobody is ever going to dismiss the notion completely. I could just see you saying the same thing if Peyton was healthy in time for the AFCCG against Brady (not).

3 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Well duh unc...but nobody is ever going to dismiss the notion completely. I could just see you saying the same thing if Peyton was healthy in time for the AFCCG against Brady (not).

You know what I'm talking about, BC..

Trends over years don't wash....you are different ..they are different

I do it, too. We always talk about how some team 'owns' some other team or they have a 6-game win streak in that town.  But its meaningless because of the changes.

The more I watch, the more it sinks in that teams are new and different every year and what your record is in that place in past years is only in fans minds.

Of course I know what you're talking about, as you did me but like everybody else on this forum you can't let that slide...gotta hit that quote button...gotta make that automated, cardboard response to sound relevant or smart. You can't have somebody going around telling people that the Packers could lose to the NFC West because that's all they've done for the last 40 years (incoming it hasn't been 40 years, it's been less)!!!!!!!!