Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Doyel and Holder

AlanNC

1 minute ago, bababooey said:

Rex beat the Pats in the playoffs in New England. Our new coach can act however he wants if he does that.

Rex's teams are notoriously undisciplined.  I love Rex as a defensive coordinator and I love his Xs and Os, but I don't think he's head coaching material.  From what I've seen the Bills are around the top of the league for penalties taken, and they lost in large part yesterday due to the penalties they took.

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

Rex's teams are notoriously undisciplined.  I love Rex as a defensive coordinator and I love his Xs and Os, but I don't think he's head coaching material.  From what I've seen the Bills are around the top of the league for penalties taken, and they lost in large part yesterday due to the penalties they took.

Nevertheless, he took two Jets teams with no QB to two straight AFC championship games. I'll take his undiscipline, superbowl guarantees, ridiculous lines, and penalties with some of the wins he's had vs. Pagano's undiscipline, overdone cliches, ridiculous lines, and penalties.

3 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Huh? You asked me a question and I answered...

I asked a question in context of the thread, which has to do with how Pagano answered a dumb question.  It had nothing to do with which teams the Colts had beaten or lost to.

6 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

yea, I agree. I was listening to that show -- Dakich calls the two of them out as witch-hunters (against Grigson).  It was pretty entertaining indeed.  What Doyle did this time is to get Pagano to say no (probably knowing full well he would say that), then in the Indy Star post-game  video analysis he was able to say "Pagano unbelievably doesn't think it's an embarrassment when even his own players know it is", then they proceed to play video of T.Y. saying the last two games were an embarrassment.  Or something along those lines, and so he can twist it any way he likes based on coming down heavy on Pagano with any number of ways to attack so as to pit coach against player(s).  His goal is readership and his motives are suspect. As far as reporter clown hierarchy, he can only take a back-seat on the clown bus because sitting in the front row is Skip Bayless.

Good job Chris pointing out what Doyle was setting up.
 No is a simple answer for Pagano.
 And as the Leader it is his job to be prepared to answer this in a strong way.
 I wouldn`t say he is Good at this stuff post game.
 Our Units on both sides of the ball are not functioning very good at all,

but i do believe his players are continuing to play hard.

21 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Nevertheless, he took two Jets teams with no QB to two straight AFC championship games. I'll take his undiscipline, superbowl guarantees, ridiculous lines, and penalties with some of the wins he's had vs. Pagano's undiscipline, overdone cliches, ridiculous lines, and penalties.

When his team is so undisciplined that it costs them wins, do you still want him?  His defense, which was expected to be one of the league's best this year, is now sitting at 22nd in pass defense, 21st in pass TDs given up, 15th in points against, 14th in run defense, and 20th in overall defense.  Given how much talent he has, he's been a huge disappointment in Buffalo

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

That's a pretty stupid question.  By no means am I happy about what happened yesterday, but that's a really stupid thing to say to Pagano.  There's no right answer.  If he says no, then the "journalist" can respond with "Pagano is proud of his guys and completely out of touch".  If he says yes, then the response is "Pagano's coaching results in a performance that embarrasses even himself".  Stupid question to ask.  Sometimes, I wish Pagano would give the boneheads in the media the Belichick/Popovich treatment.

1 minute ago, Coltfreak said:

Sure there is a right answer... the truth.  He should have just said yes I am embarrassed.  And he is embarrassed.  In fact he has been embarrassed for two weeks in a row.  If he gets the Hat Trick Sunday against Houston, then will it be ok to be embarrassed?

That's the truth, but that doesn't mean it's the smart thing for a coach to say

That's a pretty stupid question.  By no means am I happy about what happened yesterday, but that's a really stupid thing to say to Pagano.  There's no right answer.  If he says no, then the "journalist" can respond with "Pagano is proud of his guys and completely out of touch".  If he says yes, then the response is "Pagano's coaching results in a performance that embarrasses even himself".  Stupid question to ask.  Sometimes, I wish Pagano would give the boneheads in the media the Belichick/Popovich treatment.

Which is exactly what Holder and his buddy Grady were doing this morning on the radio.  It was a gotcha question and a sign of very lazy and bad journalism. 

When his team is so undisciplined that it costs them wins, do you still want him?  His defense, which was expected to be one of the league's best this year, is now sitting at 22nd in pass defense, 21st in pass TDs given up, 15th in points against, 14th in run defense, and 20th in overall defense.  Given how much talent he has, he's been a huge disappointment in Buffalo

Our measuring sticks of him in terms of years we are discussing are different so our opinions will naturally be different as well

Just now, bababooey said:

Our measuring sticks of him in terms of years we are discussing are different so our opinions will naturally be different as well

He started out strong with the Jets.  What he accomplished there was impressive.  But I'm still not sold on him as a great head coach.  A lot of people on these forums give Pagano a lot of criticism for the team playing undisciplined and getting lots of flags, but we want to give Rex Ryan a pass for the same thing?

11 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

He started out strong with the Jets.  What he accomplished there was impressive.  But I'm still not sold on him as a great head coach.  A lot of people on these forums give Pagano a lot of criticism for the team playing undisciplined and getting lots of flags, but we want to give Rex Ryan a pass for the same thing?

I don't think he's a great head coach either. Him and Pagano are both loved by their players utilizing different styles of coaching, and mostly have gotten the same results. If anything I think Pagano gets more passes than Rex does especially around here despite Rex having more success and actually sticking it to New England. He might still be in NY had Idzik not sabotaged the team last year.