Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Panthers Predictions

RockThatBlue

He made some great throws and looked to be 100% again.

Kudos to him.

But I still think we beat ourselves in that game with the turnovers.

Then they decided to let us back in the game for some odd reason.

For some silly reason we cant play 2 great half's of Football. Luck plays like Pagel in the 1st Half of most games then like Montana in the 2nd Half.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

carolina playing pretty well right now and if i had to say i would say carolina 27 colts 20 BUT ive got a little hunch this is the week we jump up out of thiss slump and make this a game. if we play good ball we can easily beat this team. will we play good ball?? time will tell

carolina playing pretty well right now and if i had to say i would say carolina 27 colts 20 BUT ive got a little hunch this is the week we jump up out of thiss slump and make this a game. if we play good ball we can easily beat this team. will we play good ball?? time will tell

Yeah I picked us to win but have been wrong all year regarding my Colts picks, hopefully this will be the week we come out of our slump.

Panthers are going to come out running the ball to limit Luck's opportunities and their run game is almost impossible to stop because there are so many variations. Once you fully commit to the run Cam goes to Olsen and company. It's an old school, smash mouth approach but with the success and the lack of legit receiving options it's effective. Rivera wants to eat up the clock by grounding out the yards by Stewart.

Panthers are going to come out running the ball to limit Luck's opportunities and their run game is almost impossible to stop because there are so many variations. Once you fully commit to the run Cam goes to Olsen and company. It's an old school, smash mouth approach but with the success and the lack of legit receiving options it's effective. Rivera wants to eat up the clock by grounding out the yards by Stewart.

These Colts are good in the middle. And if Olsen is lined up as a TE or with a tight split, it becomes easier for us to dedicate more eyes and hands to him. We even do reasonably well against read option, for the most part (if Cam wants to run that inside veer that he ran on the goal line last week, that might work in short yardage, but he's gonna get hit). 

The Panthers are best served to put Olsen outside, and feature Ginn. Corey Brown might be able to shake open. Stay patient with the run and they might find some room off tackle, and then stretch play action becomes an option, etc. But the downhill, inside stuff that Stewart is best on isn't going to be highly productive. 

Of course, I'm assuming that our defense plays solid, sound football. If our guys play like undisciplined bums, which is possible, then scratch everything I said.