Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darius Butler

tvturner

So you wanted 4 CB's, 2 Safeties, 4 DL, ONE linebacker, and for the Saint's to think we were going to stop the run?  lol

Who said it has to be 4 corners? It could've been 3 corners and have a linebacker drop in coverage....the wasn't running the ball period they didn't do it when they was on their own 1 yard line so why do it down the field? Brees plays aggressive in all his games

I'm not blaming butler or saying the coverage was awful but having that safety right over top would've made things easier

No %. Having the gift of hindsight is helpful too. In hindsight, he should have been triple teamed. The fact is, Colston was like the least targeted guy all day. He was invisible until that point.

Who said it has to be 4 corners? It could've been 3 corners and have a linebacker drop in coverage....the wasn't running the ball period they didn't do it when they was on their own 1 yard line so why do it down the field? Brees plays aggressive in all his games

lmao. 3 CBs? They had 4 WRs on the field. Just stop.

So passing up on a RB is a mistake when said running back is not only hurt but can't start with Devonta Freeman in front of him but somehow he's gonna be an impact over Gore and Bradshaw?

And the mistake we made was taking a corner who hasn't been able to play a down with our defensive starters?

Wow... I mean I get that your impatient and want results but you literally offered up someone you'd have to be patient on lol... makes 0 sense

Coleman was named the Starter over Freeman going into regular season. Freeman is a very good rb and Coleman beat him out. The Falcons really think he can be a special back. When Coleman hurt his ribs he missed a few weeks and Freeman took advantage of the extra playing time and is showing how good he is.

I said its way too early to label Smith a bust but he has had a very rough beginning so far.

And since Gore is on a pitch count it would have been nice to have Coleman get the other carries instead of bring in a back midseason who will probably be put on I.R. before the season is done!

Coleman was named the Starter over Freeman going into regular season. Freeman is a very good rb and Coleman beat him out. The Falcons really think he can be a special back. When Coleman hurt his ribs he missed a few weeks and Freeman took advantage of the extra playing time and is showing how good he is.

I said its way too early to label Smith a bust but he has had a very rough beginning so far.

And since Gore is on a pitch count it would have been nice to have Coleman get the other carries instead of bring in a back midseason who will probably be put on I.R. before the season is done!

That's great and all but you said the pick was a waste on something that you think would happen. Ok Atlanta thinks Coleman is special (even I think he has talent) but there's no way you know if he gets the carries when Varga (who not only stayed on the field healthy but also showed he can run) can't get carries and they still went after Bradshaw. So there's literally 0 evidence for you to say the pick was wasted which you couldn't anyways in the first place because Smith might actually be a pro bowler in 3 years (as corner has a longer development curve than RB).

To make it short you have almost 0 evidence or logical reason to say the pick was wasted and even if everyone was as impatient as you you still wouldn't have an argument because BOTH guys are hurt lol...

They ran 36 times for 183 yards......9 rushing first downs, 5.1 ypc.....  New Orleans ran it effectively, AND whenever they felt like it....