Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (-4.5) @ Oakland (10-11-15)

oldunclemark

Low 60s and sunny ..Greg Gumbel and Trent Green - CBS (most of the nation gets NE at Dallas)

over-under: 42.5

Broncos G- Evan Mathis - questionable...LT Ty Sambrillo - out

Raiders Charles Woodson has 62 interceptions..9th all-time

WR Amari Cooper (24 catches, 339 yards) and Michae Crabtree (23 catches, 264 yards) vs. Aquib Talib and Chris Harris....Crabtree is questionable/./

Raiders have allowed 95 first downs in 4 games but Broncos have just 315 yards rushing in 4 games.

QB - Derek Carr - 77 of 123, 922 yards, 7 TDs, 2 INTs

Peyton 'Papa John' Manning is 98 of 154, 968 yards, 6 TDs, 5 INTs is 6-0 vs. Oakland with Denver..

WR Demaryus Thomas (33 catches, 361 yards) and Emmanuel Sanders (25 catches, 307 yards)

..Broncos have 17.5 QB sacks..No. 1 in the NFL..Both kickers (Sebastian Janikowski and Brain McManus) have made every extra point and FG attempt so far

...over-under seems low but neither team averages 25 points a game.

Id sit this one out...3 Denver games and 3 Oakland games have been won by 7 or less...and both defenses could shut down the offenses

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As up and down as Manning has been this season, he OWNs Oakland. Seems like a lot of the talking heads like this game as an upset this week. I don't. I think Oakland is an upcoming team and could pose some issues early for Denver but I see Denver winning in the end comfortably. Although the Oline injuries are concerning for them heading into this game.

Denver's offense remains anemic. Can't pass to save their lives apart from hoping Sanders and Thomas can catch jump balls. Their run attack is even worse than that.

All you have to do to stop Denver's offense is play the short pass/screen game. Give the run game zero respect.

Manning might hit the deep ball, but 9/10 times it's an overthrow, underthrow and/or easy INT so you just need to make him beat you through the air.

Denver's offense remains anemic. Can't pass to save their lives apart from hoping Sanders and Thomas can catch jump balls. Their run attack is even worse than that.

All you have to do to stop Denver's offense is play the short pass/screen game. Give the run game zero respect.

Manning might hit the deep ball, but 9/10 times it's an overthrow, underthrow and/or easy INT so you just need to make him beat you through the air.

Sadly I think you're spot on here. It's a continuation of what we saw in the playoff game.

That drop was on Thomas.

I can still see Denver winning this, another ugly W.

I do think DEN will win, but good lord.... they're going to drop a few games if they're all like this and wind up going in to Foxboro.

As terrible as the passing game is, the run game is even worse which is quite a feat. They have to be the worst rushing attack in the NFL.

Totally

From 1 and 4 at OAK 4, they could not punch it in !

How the mighty have fallen. If they had a (healthy) guy like Moreno the run game would at least be respectable which would open up the short passing game a bit.

With Peyton being as he is they still wouldn't have a good long ball regardless, but they wouldn't be entirely one dimensional like now. All they have are short screens and jump ball prayers. The defense should be credited for more points/field position than the offense.

I do think DEN will win, but good lord.... they're going to drop a few games if they're all like this and wind up going in to Foxboro.

As terrible as the passing game is, the run game is even worse which is quite a feat. They have to be the worst rushing attack in the NFL.

Agree and agree some more.

How the mighty have fallen. If they had a (healthy) guy like Moreno the run game would at least be respectable which would open up the short passing game a bit. They still wouldn't have a good long ball regardless, but they're entirely one dimensional. Short screens and jump ball prayers.

Its pathetic to watch.