Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Johnson is Back -Luck Won't Start Tonight?

King Colt

It's not the Pagano I'm annoyed with, it's the fans. Pagano likely isn't sure, so he can't "come out and say yes or no".

i get where you are coming from but if Pagano isn't sure he should stop saying things like he's extremely confident Luck will play. He can just say the status of the starting QB spot is up in the air. No need to give people false hope.

Everyone needs to acknowledge how well the O-Line played.  I've been as big a critic as anyone and they sure turned a corner.  The only puzzling thing is after this same lineup played well in the playoffs last year, the first two games we lost they didn't use this lineup.  Strange, especially seeing how they protected tonight.  The backs blocked with the TE's and did a double double team on both sides and the guys in the middle played the best games of their career.  

But the biggest thing to take note of: Hasselbeck hasn't turned the ball over and though his yardage is small, his ball protection has been the difference in both games he's played and won.  I will say that Johnson came through with some actual catches, though there were still multiple critical drive killing drops.  Houston's penalties were likely the difference in the game, though we had some boneheaded penalties too.  

Vontae must have been seriously hurt because he got burned over and over and so did Toler, over and over. I've never seen those two guys look so horrible.  

I think we are playoff bound as Division winners now.  If Luck can just get back to full health, perhaps we can make a run late in the season.  I am not sure I would even bring Luck back against the Patriots as we don't look like we could compete with them right now.  If he's not healed up, don't risk him.  Hasselbeck is playing very well as a placeholder and perhaps someone who doesn't turn it over wouldn't be a bad thing to have against NE.  (and no, I am not remotely suggesting he's better than Luck and I doubt he has much left in his tank, I am just worried about Luck long term with this mysterious but rumored serious shoulder injury which could ruin his career long term).