Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Would Other Teams Do In Our Shoes?

Thought i would start this post see what you think other teams would do if it was them and not us in this situation?

Like the Eagles ---- Fans might demand the trade of manning??? I can see them not being to sentimental to manning and want Luck now

Tell me your thoughts and what you think other teams/fans would do.

I was just thinking of starting the same sort of thread, but see that you beat me to it.

I would like to know what the members here who are fans of other teams would want their team to do if they were in the same situtation.

So, if you are a Patriot fan, Charger fan, Eagle fan, etc., what would you want your team to do?

Well I can (sort of) speak as a Bills fan. My father grew up in Syracuse and is a lifelong Bills fan, and so they hold a place in my heart (behind my beloved COLTS of course :D ). Anyway, last year my dad was hopeful that they would take Cam Newton if he was available. However, he knew somebody like Vonn Miller or Marcel Darius was a top priority for the Bills' defense. His reckoning was, Cam Newton is a great QB prospect that should be taken if available. However, he also knew that to trade up to get Newton was a waste, as the Bills needed other positions. With Fitzpatrick being a pretty good QB (when his targets are healthy), my dad is super happy with the turnout of last year's draft. I guess it is a different scenario than what we face with #1 overall, but it is similar in this regard: If Newton was available, dad wanted him (and so did Buffalo, arguably). However, he was not, and therefore Buffalo addressed more pressing issues. The bottom line is this: no team would pass up a top prospect like that, even if they did not necessarily need him.

I am a Colts fan, but I posted something in another thread about this:

I hate the Patriots, but I have a lot of respect for Bob Kraft and the way he runs a football team. If this had happened to Brady, and the Pats suffered through the same type of season that we did and got the first pick, there is no way Brady would be on his way out in New England. The Pats have worked draft day trades so much in the past few years, that I am 99% sure they would find a team desperate to draft Luck and fleece that team to surround Brady with weapons.