Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts should sign David Amerson

I'm not one to usually say the Colts should sign FAs, especially when they are cut mid season because they are usually cut for a reason.  But the Colts need some bodies at CB.

And while I was surprised that Price and Brown and Patterson played as well as they did, the need someone else and Amerson is a former 2nd round pick that has all the measurables you want in a CB, could be had cheap and if Pagano is able to work with him and work on his consistency it could be a good pick.

If Davis, Toler, Butler and Smith were not all injured then I would not want the Colts to even look at Amerson.

You think Brown played well? He allowed 8 catches for 100+ yards and a TD.  

Considering the situation... yes.  First game action going against a veteran QB and two very good veteran WRs... yeah.  If he starts the rest of the season and is still playing like that at the end then that won't be so good.

I think David Amerson is bad, so no thanks. 

If Davis is going to be out, and if Toler won't be ready any time soon, and if Butler isn't ready, then yeah, get some help. But if two of those three guys are back next week, I'm fine with the DBs. 

I have not heard anything about Davis but yes, that is my fear that Davis will miss a couple/three weeks Toler you never know, Butler could miss some more time and Smith didn't even make it out of training camp.

Like I stated... he's a body and the Colts need a body and he's got the physical tools.

Amerson is not a good corner. He has good size and ball hawking ability though. I think his best bet is to catch on to a team and try to convert to FS. I just don't know many teams that would be willing to spend that much time on him trying to develop him for the position switch.

Amerson has been signed by Oakland.

And I'm fine with the Colts not signing him.    He didn't cut it with Washington,  and he's a zone corner. 

As for Brown.....   I thought he and Price and Patterson did OK considering we couldn't get any real pressure on Fitzpatrick last night.     And especially since he was our #1 CB for half the game last night when Vonte went out with his concussion.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Good video from a NYK/Colts fan(post game 7)         Agree with what is said here, Haliburton has to come out and stay aggressive, he knows it and admitted it twice, last series. So hopefully he stays that way. We can take this series easy, we can also lose it easy. So they have to show up, no disappearing from here on out.    
    • I've actually bitten my dog a few times. Each time was to correct him from biting my (at the time) 3 year old son. Took the dog and bit him on the ear, not enough to damage but enough to show what the pain felt like. He's pretty smart, as he's yet to do it again with my kids.    Why am I saying this? Because I woke up with nausea, took some meclizine for my dizziness and now I'm just randomly thinking thoughts... 
    • Been having an on going conversation with a bunch of people throughout the year and even prior about what the Pacers need.     I think the answer is clear, we need to keep as many core pieces together and keep building. We are in the conference finals and have just as good a chance as the other 3 teams have to finish the title run.   We will be getting Mathurin back, who I think is the 4th most important piece we have. Walker is going to be a stud, so I expect a big jump from him.   Pascal - gotta bring him back Toppin - have to bring back or use in S+T for George?(Just throwing out a name) McDermott - hopefully bring him back on the cheap contract (2yr $10m or something)     Jalen Smith - has player option(I'm good either way)   Then some 2way and back the roster guys who will likely be resigned.(Wong, Brown, Tshiebwe)     If we lose Toppin, who is a RFA, I think Walker can in all likelihood cover that role and probably more completely.   However like I said above, if we can draw another big name like George in, Toppin more than likely would have to be included for salary purposes in a S+T.       Anyway that's conversation for later.   On to:
    • There were some stuff on other sites, not this one. Especially the morning after. I was speaking from a high level general overview,  not limited to this one site.  Sorry for the confusion
  • Members

• RollerColt

RollerColt 12,506

• Jason_

Jason_ 2,312

• erock

erock 3

• VikingsFanInChennai

VikingsFanInChennai 3,062

• cbear

cbear 724

• chad72