Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Are Your Thoughts On The Colts Playing Chapman And Hughes Deep Into The 4Th Qtr?

RockThatBlue

Too much isn't being read. If someone needed to play. Who's needs snaps more, the Rookie Parry or Chapman?

Parry was sipping apple juice while Chapman was still playing. I'm almost certain a rookie needs more reps than Chapman. I think Chap is on the bubble

Hey congrats on not having me on ignore any longer.  Good decision on your part.

I feel good about my position considering you came down on the other side.  I think that bodes well for me.

I think the fact that Chapman & Hughes were playing late in the game over two rookies means the rooks are likely ahead on the depth chart but it does not speak to their roster spots vulnerability - which was my point.  

Hey congrats on not having me on ignore any longer. Good decision on your part.

I feel good about my position considering you came down on the other side. I think that bodes well for me.

I think the fact that Chapman & Hughes were playing late in the game over two rookies means the rooks are likely ahead on the depth chart but it does not speak to their roster spots vulnerability - which was my point.

Could put their roster spots in jeopardy still though if someone from another roster gets cut that Grigson feels is better

But I think it's all but confirmed that Parry & Anderson are starting next Sunday

Langford Parry Anderson doesn't sound too shabby to me

It means they need a lot of work and a long look to see if they really can show they belong on the team, I don't think either are vulnerable to being cut......I do however see us moving on from Chapman at the end of his contract. Hughes I think can still be a long term answer

Anderson can probably pay 3 positions on the line given the package. Might see him at DE in a base 3-4, maybe at DT in our hybrid 3-4. You might also have him as an edge rusher In some situations. He can start In place of Jones. Parry can be moved around too.

That's why I think they both got drafted by us and the staff always had plans for them. Their versatile and give you a lot of options.

i agree and factored both in (who I also like very much) but I think just from a numbers stand point we might need a couple of more people to open spots for Chapman And Hughes. While I still wouldn't be shocked to see either if not both cut but I think we need more than Anderson, Langford, Parry, and Kerr on the line (factoring in Jones injury) and I am not sure if anyone else has stepped up to prove they should get a spot over Hughes and Chapman than those four. So if they make it they will be at the bottom of the depth chart and might be replaced with waivers picked up.

Could put their roster spots in jeopardy still though if someone from another roster gets cut that Grigson feels is better

But I think it's all but confirmed that Parry & Anderson are starting next Sunday

Langford Parry Anderson doesn't sound too shabby to me

Exactly. They lost their job to poor play and the play of others. No use carrying around players who have hit their ceiling,which is very low. Quarrels and Okine probably make it over Hughes. Kerr over Chapman.

With the Art Jones injury,maybe one or both of them are saved but I think the point is that they are definitely in consideration for cuts.