Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vick Ballard Against The Bears

AmberDerrow

That's not logic. That's you applying an arbitrary number/limit to something that as of yet is unclear. 

Whatever you want to bet on it, let me know. Vick Ballard will not be a useful player in the NFL this year. Period. There hasn't been a RB who has suffered back to back devastating injuries and gone on to be successful his first season back. Search all you want, don't worry, I'll wait.

Whatever you want to bet on it, let me know. Vick Ballard will not be a useful player in the NFL this year. Period. There hasn't been a RB who has suffered back to back devastating injuries and gone on to be successful his first season back. Search all you want, don't worry, I'll wait.

"Vick Ballard will not be a useful player in the NFL this year. Period"

Do you have any idea the magnitude of this statement? "Useful" can encompass many things and that includes in football

The funny thing about Robinson is that he went to the same school as Vick and got drafted around the same round. When they got him it almost seemed like the nail on the coffin for Vick.

I hope he gets plenty of time against the Bears but it might not matter. It's a shame because his rookie rushed for only 100 fewer than Richardson who had 950 yards. Ballard did it with like 4 less starts though. He showed franchise RB potential I thought.

I hope Varga gets some carries. I would like to see him get a couple of series. I think he could surprise.

I think it would be smart to just keep 3 backs on the 53 man. We could keep an extra D lineman. There are some tough cuts there.

Gore will need carries to be effective. That is his game. I hope we don't see much of a committee in the regular season.

Gore and Boom should be 1&2 with JR the 3rd back if he continues to play like he has. Boom put up good numbers when he got his shot 4.5 a carry. It's been a long time since we have had a guy go get fed fy4.5 ypc.

Then we keep the best back between Tipton, Varga and Toure on the PS. I think given the chance Varga will prove to be that guy.

It sounds like we will get a good look at where Ballard is vs the Bears. I would love for him to be his old self but I'm not optimistic he makes it through the preseason

>> Ballard looks 100 percent: It was a welcomed sight, seeing No. 26 burst through the hole, take a few hits from an opposing linebacker and walk off the field after practice with his teammates and not the trainers. Twice-injured Colts running back Vick Ballard — he’s missed 36 games the past two seasons — was back at full speed Thursday and saw his most extensive action of the year with Luck and the rest of the Colts’ first-team offense.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2015/08/20/colts-observations-colts-finish-bears-fade-minute-drills/32079309/

Off the top of my head, Cadillac Williams. He tore his right patellar tendon and then the next season his left. He played 3 full seasons (with over 400 touches) after that injury free with little to no drop off.

But my point is, you're acting like a smug *, like there's absolutely no hope for Ballard. The odds may be against him, but he's not dead yet so don't start digging his grave.

Yeah. That's how confident I am that he won't contribute. Hence why I said it.

Which is stupid. You have no idea how well or poorly Ballard's recovery has gone. All reports are saying he's looking great in camp (look 2 posts up).

My guess is you're the type of guy who will now hope Ballard fails just so your ridiculous overconfidence seems vindicated.

Off the top of my head, Cadillac Williams. He tore his right patellar tendon and then the next season his left. He played 3 full seasons (with over 400 touches) after that injury free with little to no drop off.

But my point is, you're acting like a smug *, like there's absolutely no hope for Ballard. The odds may be against him, but he's not dead yet so don't start digging his grave.

I guess we'll have to see. We'll get our answer shortly.

Which is stupid. You have no idea how well or poorly Ballard's recovery has gone. All reports are saying he's looking great in camp (look 2 posts up).

My guess is you're the type of guy who will now hope Ballard fails just so your ridiculous overconfidence seems vindicated.

Never debate with a guy using the name "shouldapickedleaf"!  The Avatar alone tells you everything you need to know

Is Ballard healthy enough?  If so...then he needs to see the field to show what he's got.  He doesn't have to play alot tonight but he needs to play some to test his recovery from injuries and to give the coaches more opportunities to evaluate him.  Back up roles at running back are up for grabs so it would behoove Ballard to get on the field as soon as possible (if healthy) and start making his case.