Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hilton for Wilkerson ....do it?

After wanting to vomit with the Dorsett pick, i felt like we wouldn't have to resign Hilton.....I like Hilton a lot....we've gotten a lot of value out of him, but i don't view him as a true #1 guy and I'd have no problem swapping him for Wilkerson.  ....not sure if the economics would hinder such a deal from taking place, but if it wouldn't.....would you do the deal?  ....if we're all in on getting to the super bowl this year, i think having Wilkerson would give us a better shot at getting there. ......of course, this is just wishful thinking on my part and there's no reason to believe such a trade is even being conceived.

...before i get killed for the Dorsett and vomit comment, realize i'm not knocking Dorsett one bit. ....i really like him as a player.  ....just thought picking him made zero sense.

the jets wouldnt be interested. 

I mistook your puke for denial------this blog is filled with diehards who are blinded by the truth

I don't think anyone is blind. Most are just sick of hearing about the Patriots and get tired of the mind set of being scared of them. The Colts will get past the Patriots just like they have before. If you want to stroke the Patriots and how great they are then feel free to do so. I don't respect anything they have done because IMO it's all tainted with the lack of sportsmanship and integrity. There use to be a day when a winner would show some class. Not in New England.

Yeah, a few.

Why the sour grapes on Hilton these days from Colts fans?

There is concern among some Colts' fans because of who Hilton's agent is.

Drew Rosenhaus.

Hilton made a big deal "Going to shock the world!" right before he fired DR as his agent.

Then, after this past season, where he was great,  Hilton re-hired DR.

The worry is DR will squeeze the Colts for every last nickle and that may one reason why the Colts drafted Dorsett -- as a hedge against Hilton leaving.  

It may not work out like that at all.    Hilton may re-up with the Colts and everything could end up good.    But, some are worried.

That's the concern over Hilton......

There is concern among some Colts' fans because of who Hilton's agent is.

Drew Rosenhaus.

Hilton made a big deal "Going to shock the world!" right before he fired DR as his agent.

Then, after this past season, where he was great,  Hilton re-hired DR.

The worry is DR will squeeze the Colts for every last nickle and that may one reason why the Colts drafted Dorsett -- as a hedge against Hilton leaving.  

It may not work out like that at all.    Hilton may re-up with the Colts and everything could end up good.    But, some are worried.

That's the concern over Hilton......

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification. I would be concerned too with the hiring of Rosenhaus but I would think Hilton knows he has a good thing going with Luck. At least I would hope so. He may get his pay day but his QB may be Matt Cassell or Nick Foles.

I really hate the business side of football. As fans, it just causes us all angst. I get that players need to get paid and should get paid but it is hard to watch sometimes. I hope you guys retain Hilton as he has been a great player for you and would team up nicely with Dorsett to give opposing defenses heart burn.

We just found out that LaFell hired the same agents as Revis this past off-season so that is not making anyone in NE feel very good. He still has 2 years left on his contract so we will see where it goes ...