Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our D Line next year

RockThatBlue

Lol ppl are forgetting that outside of like 4 games, our run D played well. All you guys keep talking about is the Patriots games. You don't build your team to stop one opposing team, you build it to be balanced.

Look how well drafting to stop Peyton worked for the division

I don't know. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for this coming season that either he or Hughes overtakes Chapman. As I said, I'm concerned that Parry will be able to be overpowered in the NFL due to his size.

Im not too worried about Parry being overpowered. Hes a guy that supposedly stays low and he's a strong guy. And he explodes into offensive linemen. I honestly think folks are making a bigger deal about his size than necessary. And he's probably gonna be up to 315 or so by the time the season rolls around.

You seem a little butt hurt concerning this topic....do you have some form of vested interest? Are you one of the scouts, a Vegas odds maker or run one of the draft pages?

Redding gone, RJF gone, Landry gone, Phillips gone, Jackson gone, Mcnary gone(?) and maybe Mathis back mid season? At least we knew what we had with this crew.

Now we have a bunch of FA replacements, low draft rookies and UDFA's. We have attempted to cobble together a DL many times before with varying levels of success. I have my perception of the situation and until proven otherwise I'm skeptical and I doubt you have the ability to see into the future.

We will see.

You're funny. Not! Unlike a lot of "experts" on here, I see the glass half full, not half empty. With Mathis coming back, and the addition of Cole, I have a lot of confidence. But people like you are probably skeptical about everything in life because you were hurt at some point in your life. Sorry, I don't subscribe to that. This is a Super Bowl caliber team. Maybe you should follow a not so successful team if you like to be negative. We came 1 game away from the SB, and all you can do is dwell on every negative possible. (edit)

If you actually thought about all of the good things, you might be upbeat. But that's not your style.

Edited by Superman

The topic is the defensive line,   and not linebackers.

I think that's why no one is mentioning Mathis.  

It was more of a general observation.  In any of the threads talking about the front 7, Mathis is often forgotten.

I don't think everyone has forgotten .... but you also can't assume he is just going to pick up where he left off .... Hes older and coming off an injury there is a very real chance we don't get anything close to the old Mathis back.

Happened with Reggie.

It was more of a general observation.  In any of the threads talking about the front 7, Mathis is often forgotten.

Agreed....

My hunch -- and it's only a hunch at this point -- is that Mathis will start the year on the PUP list and won't re-join the team until the Bye week.....   which is week 10,  in early November...

I think by then,  he should be good to go....

I'm hoping for sooner,  just not expecting it.

Agreed....

My hunch -- and it's only a hunch at this point -- is that Mathis will start the year on the PUP list and won't re-join the team until the Bye week.....   which is week 10,  in early November...

I think by then,  he should be good to go....

I'm hoping for sooner,  just not expecting it.

Unless you are damaged as a young person, you seldom come back as good as new. The other teams know of his injury and I would bet they will be targeting it. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make it through the rest of the season without some kind of additional injury and we end up releasing him next season just like Reggie.

Would you happen to know why Kerr kinda disappeared shortly after the Season got underway? Was it injury, him getting sloppy? I was just wondering.

He couldn`t beat out Redding, Chapman, Hughes, RJF for the game day Roster.

We saw the burst, and we saw he had issues holding his ground in the run game.

Please understand, they are counting on him to be a solid contributor in the rotation this season. He must step up for their plan to work.

I think a lot of people underestimate the amount of improvement that's possible with our own players, like Chapman, Kerr and Hughes. I'm no expert, but from what I understand, it can take a couple years for D-linemen to develop in the pros.

Also, I don't think the poor play of the d-line versus elite teams was ALL about talent. Part of it, as Irsay has noted, was scheme and coaching. I'd be in favor of bringing in a new D-line coach.

Overall, I think the D-line will be significantly improved this year.