Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My last minute Mock Draft

Let me first clarify.  This is the way I would personally approach the draft if I'm in the same circumstance as Grigson and using the gauged placement of players from several media outlets and information from draft websites.  This isn't what I think Grigson will do or if it is even remotely likely just what my expectation's are in this coming draft.  My top 3 rounds will have a detailed explanation of what method I used to conclude with the pick.  My last picks will be listed as the bottom rounds get pretty crazy in prospects with a general overview at the end.

Round 1

ILB Eric Kendricks

I wanted Landon Collins I really did.  But imo the ILB talent just drops too much in regards to coverage.  I believe all of the top D-Line talent will be gone here, meaning no Goldman/Brown/Shelton.  I'm hesitant to take Phillips/Davis when the top ILB is on the board.  I've also given some thought to Kevin Johnson (who I think is going to be a fantastic pro corner) but I think he doesn't get past the Steelers.  The one wildcard of course is Landon Collins...  I know safety is a need but I just don't see value here for the pick in comparison to Kendricks.

Round 2

DT Grady Jarrett

There is a slight chance that Davis is here.  And I'd love Davis, but I'm gonna go Jarrett here.  I think the NFL will see his presumed size and talk themselves out of the pick. The biggest prospect that had me torn here was Donavan.  He has the talent to be our future at RT, but I think the team needs a D-Line playmaker just a tad more.  The wildcard?  Ronald Darby.  If he slips (I don't think he will but you never know) I say he would be the pick.

Round 3

S Cody Prewitt

I think he will be here.  If he is I don't see the reason we pass him.  I was tempted to use this pick on Ifo but I see the value here geared more towards Cody.  A RB would make a whole lot of sense here as we would get some bang for our buck, but in comparison to talent drops from the 3rd to 4th I say safety is a better. 

Round 4

CB Quandre Diggs

Round 5

RB Mike Davis

Round 6

S Ibraheim Cambell/Chris Hackett (either)

Round 6

DT Louis Trinca-Pasat

Round 7

WR Andre Davis

For the last picks we start to get a bit obscure in regards as round placement.  I love the value for Quandre here.  I think he can be a good reserve role corner and excel as a 3/4 possibly 2.  Mike Davis is the value in the 5th.  I think he is there after a run on RB's in the 3rd/4th.  Both of these safeties Cambell/Hackett I'd be more than willing to take a chance on in the 6th.  They can sit and learn for a year and be great depth which is something we severely lack right now.  This one might be far fetched.  I like Louis.  He isn't going to be a starter but in a good functional rotation I see him being a great asset.   He doesn't know quit and needs to put some pounds on, but I think he could be a great addition.  Andre.. I'm willing to take a flier on him.  He has potential to be a red zone guy.  But his attitude needs some adjusting.  I see this as a pick that we can try and pull in for competition.