Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Merry Christmas! Yay! Colts Pulled It Out!

mightisright

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I totally understand why some fans are upset about this win. Just looking at the shot of the fans in the stands spoke volumes. After Reggie's TD, some Colt's fans were cheering. Others looked angry.

I watched with mixed emotions. I was thrilled for the players especially Dan O. (can't spell his last name) and Reggie Wayne who may have played his last game as a Colt. But, I was also thinking that this win may take away that #1 pick . . . whether that means Luck or not.

Whichever side you take is fine, but this thread has gotten way out of control. Calling one another trolls, dipsticks, or whatever is a violation of forum rules. Keep it up and this thread will be closed and warnings issued.

Please don't close it because he won't go to bed because he might miss something. :lol: Let the late night people keep him up. haha

Lose to win later... sounds like a plan you don't understand, it's ok football is a complicated sport. not everyone gets it.

Like I have stated before, which you seem to have a problem comprehending, you dont even know if the first round player will be any good in the nfl...they could very well be a bust,

Look at this scenario with you 1 track mind, will ya? What if we lose on purpose(tank) as you wish, then pick a bust with our number 1 pick...It wouldnt be the lose/win situation your trying to preach...it would be a lose/lose situation So why not win now and potential have a win/win situation possibly?

How can some of you fans not see that a loss tonight would have made this team stronger......Im not looking at the now Im looking at the next 5,6 ,10 years ect .....keep or trade the #1 IS BIG TIME THIS YEAR BOYS!

I think most people can see that. What got people riled up here was the opening comment by our "logical" friend that if you are happy about tonight's win, then you are a Manning fan and not a Colts fan. I'm not happy about the win tonight (not because of draft position but because I don't feel that they earned it), but I also don't look down on the people that are happy about it.

Like I have stated before, which you seem to have a problem comprehending, you dont even know if the first round player will be any good in the nfl...they could very well be a bust,

Look at this scenario with you 1 track mind, will ya? What if we lose on purpose(tank) as you wish, then pick a bust with our number 1 pick...It wouldnt be the lose/win situation your trying to preach...it would be a lose/lose situation So why not win now and potential have a win/win situation possibly?

ugh.. once again.. you have the BEST CHANCE and BEST ODDS to succeed with the #1 pick. I don't care who got drafted where. History tells us that the #1 pick is consistently the most valuable.

Wasn't it your "goal" to win? did that happen?

Not resting our starts and risking the chance of them getting injured, then we probably wouldnt have made it far in the playoffs, but you would have been happy just to be 16-0 and lose in the playoff?

or you could be proud we at least made it to the superbowl and was 1interception away from winning on a 14-2 record

I think most people can see that. What got people riled up here was the opening comment by our "logical" friend that if you are happy about tonight's win, then you are a Manning fan and not a Colts fan. I'm not happy about the win tonight (not because of draft position but because I don't feel that they earned it), but I also don't look down on the people that are happy about it.

I'm trying to not look down on them but they are forcing my hand and all.. you know logically.

Not resting our starts and risking the chance of them getting injured, then we probably wouldnt have made it far in the playoffs, but you would have been happy just to be 16-0 and lose in the playoff?

or you could be proud we at least made it to the superbowl and was 1interception away from winning on a 14-2 record

QUICK get the guy who was here before screaming "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME" Based on odds, I would rather have seen the colts win out and risk injury it would have given them a better chance at a SB ring.

Did we win?

this is fun, leatherman is getting assaulted mentally and taking it like a champ. My favorite type :)

you would think so......i'm just trying to keep you up as late as possible and use the word logic and its other forms as much as possible to make fun of you......i'm not trying to win anything.........

ugh.. once again.. you have the BEST CHANCE and BEST ODDS to succeed with the #1 pick. I don't care who got drafted where. History tells us that the #1 pick is consistently the most valuable.

More valuable for a trade, thats about it..at least with a trade you know you will pick up an extra pick somewhere in the future. So what is your point exactly, maybe none of us understand

You got any statistics to back that up? What percentage of #1 picks have gone on to win a Super Bowl in their career? What percentage of Super Bowl winning teams have had a #1 pick on their roster? What is the winning percentage of #1 picks in the NFL?

More valuable for a trade, thats about it..at least with a trade you know you will pick up an extra pick somewhere in the future. So what is your point exactly, maybe none of us understand

My point is I just want this season to mean something by us getting the #1 pick. I don't care what we do with it, that is up to the FO. I just want to have the best chance to improve this team for the future whether it be drafting Luck or trading for a slew of picks. I don't care as long as we have the best chance to improve.

QUICK get the guy who was here before screaming "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME" Based on odds, I would rather have seen the colts win out and risk injury it would have given them a better chance at a SB ring.

you do play to win the game, but when you already won a first round bye in the playoffs and homefield advantage, you already have the edge in the playoffs, so lets rest our starters and have an even more edge against a team that might be banged up and missing some key starters

You got any statistics to back that up? What percentage of #1 picks have gone on to win a Super Bowl in their career? What percentage of Super Bowl winning teams have had a #1 pick on their roster? What is the winning percentage of #1 picks in the NFL?

Your a pats fan arn;t you because they are the only ones who try to measure everything by superbowl rings.

My point is I just want this season to mean something by us getting the #1 pick. I don't care what we do with it, that is up to the FO. I just want to have the best chance to improve this team for the future whether it be drafting Luck or trading for a slew of picks. I don't care as long as we have the best chance to improve.

logically high first round draft picks should also perform well and help the team for the future....i mean that's just logical

well you do understand we are still open to get the number one pick,

but when we win next week you are just going to be straight ticked! Right?

you do play to win the game, but when you already won a first round bye in the playoffs and homefield advantage, you already have the edge in the playoffs, so lets rest our starters and have an even more edge against a team that might be banged up and missing some key starters

Momentum is everything. Look at the Patriots 18-1 loss to the Giants.