Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm about to drop my profile on Carl Davis, in the meantime....

Whew. Man, this dude is good. I don't now why he doesn't have the hype. I don't know what it is that people think Leonard Williams is better at, but I'm watching Davis' game against Indiana and is looks like Suh reincarnate. 

Word is he has a motor that runs very hot and cold.

Looks like Suh one game.

Plays like Sue in the next.

It isn't all that hard to play well against Indiana....

I don't see anything about motor in this game. He's literally chasing guys all around the field. 

That was an awesome comment by the way. 

Yeah,  I liked that one too.    And it just sort of popped into my head as I was writing it.

Sometimes a little serendipity can go a long way!         :thmup:

As to Davis,  if the staff thinks they can get his motor to go more of the time,  then I like him, as I do Phillips and Goldman.  Those are the three DL that I think stand the best chance of being there when we pick at 29....

This is why I'm not as high on Tevin Coleman as everyone else:

http://www.draftbreakdown.com/gif-embed/?clip=255799&gif=BouncyVictoriousIsabellinewheatear

nonsense runs like this don't happen in the NFL.Especially if the RB in question is 200 lbs.  He's shutdown all game and inflates his numbers on a run like this. 

Bad gif formatting, for whatever reason, but I know the play you're talking about. You're right. 

I never really understood the questionable motor and hot cold comments.  He would not have started for 2 years under Kirk Ferentz if he was sandbagging it.  I think people see the numbers and assume he isn't anything special.  It is hard for Iowa D-Linemen, especially DTs, to put up huge numbers in the their scheme.  It is very basic and doesn't often have them racking up huge numbers.  Even 10 sacks as a DE in their 4-3 is somewhat rare.  Adrian Clayborn 2009, Jonathan Babineaux 2004, Matt Roth 2003, 2004 and Colin Cole 2001, 2002 come to mind.  What Davis did was his job and very well.  

Bad gif formatting, for whatever reason, but I know the play you're talking about. You're right. 

He also had a 45 yard TD. 15 carries for 219 and 3 TD's. As for the link...click the carl davis highlights and it will show the vid. looks to me that coleman is always falling forward, I would be happy to have him as a Colt.