Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bjorn Werner as a 3-4 DE?

Wesk7

You're not going to compare Werner with Kruger, are you?

Compare werner right now with Kruger right now? No, of course not.

The people complaining about him mostly complain about him being alow and not athletic. My counter to that is that in every measurable way, werner either matched or outperformed Kruger at their respective combine appearances.

So I do believe that werner could at least continue to develop into the same caliber of player, if not better.

I haven't clicked on this until just now because I thought it was ridiculous lol. He would get destroyed IMO. He'd need to bulk up to about 285, so he'd have to gain 25-30lbs this summer. Bottom line is we wasted a 1st round pick on a pretty good backup.

How about have him lose weight and play ilb. How bout we just trade him

Odongo is a good athlete.     Why move him inside where much of his athleticism would be wasted?

As for trading him......    what makes you think he's got any trade value?

Why not see what we have on our own roster?    He's still in the learning curve mode....

Compare werner right now with Kruger right now? No, of course not.

The people complaining about him mostly complain about him being alow and not athletic. My counter to that is that in every measurable way, werner either matched or outperformed Kruger at their respective combine appearances.

So I do believe that werner could at least continue to develop into the same caliber of player, if not better.

I don't know if he'll ever be better than Kruger,  but if he ever turns into his equal, I'm popping open champagne bottles!