Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm really starting to like Abdullah

the only run on rb's is running away from drafting them high!

its all about the passing game now.

now youre just jumping on the band wagon.  guys like AP, lynch, and levon bell are still worth drafting high. they would all easily be worth first round picks today.  this is the best RB class we have seen in years.  Gordon, Gurley, Coleman, AA and a few others are all worth high picks.

some think our line isnt good enough to draft a RB but i disagree there too.  everyone but TR averaged 4+ ypc behind our Oline.  the problem with our run game isnt the blocking, its the fact that no one on the roster can handle a seasons worth of carries. 

now youre just jumping on the band wagon.  guys like AP, lynch, and levon bell are still worth drafting high. they would all easily be worth first round picks today.  this is the best RB class we have seen in years.  Gordon, Gurley, Coleman, AA and a few others are all worth high picks.

some think our line isnt good enough to draft a RB but i disagree there too.  everyone but TR averaged 4+ ypc behind our Oline.  the problem with our run game isnt the blocking, its the fact that no one on the roster can handle a seasons worth of carries. 

One could argue that the RB class being so deep could actually decrease some early demand in the draft because teams will grab someone else at another position thinking they can get a RB later since the position is so deep.  Which is exactly why the Colts should not waste an early pick on one; I think there will still be plenty of very good backs in the 3rd and later.

One could argue that the RB class being so deep could actually decrease some early demand in the draft because teams will grab someone else at another position thinking they can get a RB later since the position is so deep.  Which is exactly why the Colts should not waste an early pick on one; I think there will still be plenty of very good backs in the 3rd and later.

a valid argument.  i think waiting until the late third is too late though.  

The thing about that argument is this: Many times when one top player at a position in the draft goes off the board it can create a quick domino affect at that position, First 1 falls then quickly another and another do to lack of quality at the back end

I think we're going to see the top rbs go before our 3rd round pick comes up. If we want someone who can develop into a starter than we better take one in the 2nd. If we want to go fully rbbc then we can go later but I think that would be a mistake.

The thing about that argument is this: Many times when one top player at a position in the draft goes off the board it can create a quick domino affect at that position, First 1 falls then quickly another and another do to lack of quality at the back end

It may cause a short run, but I think there is enough depth that there will still be good RBs left even with a couple small runs. I think there will be very good choices still available in the 3rd and 4th, and some decent guys even in the 5th.  

I think we're going to see the top rbs go before our 3rd round pick comes up. If we want someone who can develop into a starter than we better take one in the 2nd. If we want to go fully rbbc then we can go later but I think that would be a mistake.

I think there will be good choices there for us in the 3rd (and even later).

Between the depth of the draft class and the amount of RBs in FA I think it is a waste to use anything earlier than a 3rd on a RB, unless one of the top 2 or 3 RBs is sitting there for some reason.

we will see. i will stick to my guns about not drafting a rb higher than the bottom 3rd, and only if a really good one falls there. we will see who is right.

RBs I like...round i would select.

RD1: O-Line, D-Line, Strong Safety

RD2: ILB, WR, CB, D-Line

Cobb, (4th Round)

Langford, (4th Round)

Addullah, (4th Round)

Johnson, (4th Round)

Coleman, (3rd Round)

Perfect Draft w/FA

RD1: Cummings G or Flowers OT or Trade for another 2nd and 5th Rounder

RD2: Edwards DE or Lockett WR or Dismukes C

RD3: Coleman RB or McCarthy DT