Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peterson not sure he wants to return to Vikes

amfootball

Bottom line:

It doesn't matter what Adrian Peterson wants.   He's got a contract with the Vikings.   As long as they're willing to pay him,  he's got no way out.

He can refuse to play,  in which case Peterson won't get paid and he'll be suspended by the team.

He can + and moan all he wants,  but he better wrap his head around the probability that if he plays this year,  he'll be playing for the Minnesota Vikings.

Peterson's father shares why AP may want out of Minnesota:

'Nelson Peterson said one of the reasons the running back is wary about a possible return to the Vikings is a belief by he and his son that (Kevin) Warren worked against having Peterson play last season. Warren recently was promoted by the Vikings.

“Kevin Warren was a major player in the push last year to not have Adrian reinstated,’’ said Nelson Peterson. “We had our sources that we knew that Kevin wasn’t working for Adrian to get him back on the field and was working to keep Adrian off the field.’’

http://blogs.twincities.com/vikings/2015/02/23/adrian-petersons-father-denies-report-son-longer-wants-play-vikings/

His father also stated that Peterson has not demanded a trade and he is willing to play again for the Vikings.

After this altercation between his agent and a member of the Vikings FO, I wonder if it is his agent that is pushing for him to leave MN.

Peterson's father shares why AP may want out of Minnesota:

'Nelson Peterson said one of the reasons the running back is wary about a possible return to the Vikings is a belief by he and his son that (Kevin) Warren worked against having Peterson play last season. Warren recently was promoted by the Vikings.

“Kevin Warren was a major player in the push last year to not have Adrian reinstated,’’ said Nelson Peterson. “We had our sources that we knew that Kevin wasn’t working for Adrian to get him back on the field and was working to keep Adrian off the field.’’

http://blogs.twincities.com/vikings/2015/02/23/adrian-petersons-father-denies-report-son-longer-wants-play-vikings/

His father also stated that Peterson has not demanded a trade and he is willing to play again for the Vikings.

After this altercation between his agent and a member of the Vikings FO, I wonder if it is his agent that is pushing for him to leave MN.

Thanks for sharing that. Helps some shed some light on things. When will AP be reinstated by the league? Are there conditions to his reinstatement that he has to meet by a certain date?

Thanks for sharing that. Helps some shed some light on things. When will AP be reinstated by the league? Are there conditions to his reinstatement that he has to meet by a certain date?

Unless Judge Doty rules in his favor in his lawsuit against the NFL, AP will not be reinstated before April 15th. At that time, Goodell will decide whether AP has met the requirements for reinstatement. He has been going to counseling and there have been no other incidents of wrongdoing.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/vikings/2015/02/06/adrian-peterson-nflpa-minneapolis-judge-david-doty/23005515/

Unless Judge Doty rules in his favor in his lawsuit against the NFL, AP will not be reinstated before April 15th. At that time, Goodell will decide whether AP has met the requirements for reinstatement. He has been going to counseling and there have been no other incidents of wrongdoing.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/vikings/2015/02/06/adrian-peterson-nflpa-minneapolis-judge-david-doty/23005515/

As a fan of the Vikings, how do you hope things shake out? Do you want AP back?

As a fan of the Vikings, how do you hope things shake out? Do you want AP back?

I hope he plays for the Vikings but his return comes with a $15M cap hit. So, I would be okay with trading him as long as it is not to your team or to the Cowboys. :) We could use the money to sign one or two key free agents and extend contracts of some of our prized young players like Harrison Smith, Xavier Rhodes, and Sharif Floyd.

BTW, do you expect McCourty to re-sign with NE? I am not a proponent of signing high-priced free agents from other teams but McCourty is an exception. He seems like a smart player, a high-character guy, and someone my team could use.

I hope he plays for the Vikings but his return comes with a $15M cap hit. So, I would be okay with trading him as long as it is not to your team or to the Cowboys. :) We could use the money to sign one or two key free agents and extend contracts of some of our prized young players like Harrison Smith, Xavier Rhodes, and Sharif Floyd.

BTW, do you expect McCourty to re-sign with NE? I am not a proponent of signing high-priced free agents from other teams but McCourty is an exception. He seems like a smart player, a high-character guy, and someone my team could use.

Yeah, you could save a lot by trading him. And he is 30 as well. He probably still has some years left which would help in getting a better value for him. I don't think there is any chance he stays in the NFC but all the AFC teams would be in play including the Pats although they would never pay a RB the money he would command.

I do expect McCourty to sign as his brother came out last week and said he wants to retire a Patriot. My feeling is if they don't get something done by FA then they will franchise him. He really is the only player they have worth franchising and he makes the most sense. The Pats have said their #1 priority is getting Revis done first so then they know what their cap looks like to build the rest of their team. McCourty is one of my favorite players and very undervalued in the league I think. He is also unbelievably durable.

Yeah, you could save a lot by trading him. And he is 30 as well. He probably still has some years left which would help in getting a better value for him. I don't think there is any chance he stays in the NFC but all the AFC teams would be in play including the Pats although they would never pay a RB the money he would command.

I do expect McCourty to sign as his brother came out last week and said he wants to retire a Patriot. My feeling is if they don't get something done by FA then they will franchise him. He really is the only player they have worth franchising and he makes the most sense. The Pats have said their #1 priority is getting Revis done first so then they know what their cap looks like to build the rest of their team. McCourty is one of my favorite players and very undervalued in the league I think. He is also unbelievably durable.

I know if McCourty isn't re-signed, the Colts will go hard for him. We cut Laron Landry so it's an open hole for us.