Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TG Offseason Mock 2.0

I think this is more comprehensive and better than my first mock. What do you guys think about some of these ideas?

Cut:
LaRon Landry, S
Donald Thomas, G
Trent Richardson, RB
Shaun Phillips, OLB
Gosder Cherlius (post June release)

Re-sign:
Mike Adams
Joe Reitz
Sergio Brown
Matt Hasselbeck
Cory Redding
Andy Studebaker
Darius Bulter
Jerrell Freeman (2nd round tender)

Free Agency:
Pernell McPhee, OLB
Clint Boling, G
Bruce Carter, ILB
Sterling Moore, CB

Draft:
1-29: Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami
2-29: Tyler Lockett, WR, Kansas St.
3-29: Henry Anderson, DE, Stanford
4-29: Shaq Mason, C, Georgia Tech 
5-29: Jordan Richards, S, Stanford
6-29: Ellis McCarthy, DT, UCLA

6-31: Marcus Murphy, RB, Missouri

I would like to see us sign Dan Williams, NT from Arizona. I think he would be a tremendous upgrade at NT and actually be a guy that could immediately upgrade the defense as a whole due to his ability to occupy blockers.

Ereck Flowers' injury history concerns me. He has had knee issues. Ellis McCarthy would represent great value if he lasts until the 6th round. I have seen him mocked all over the place. 

I generally like this...

I think that we might need more safety help...

It could be possible to draft one higher in this scenario if, instead of drafting Lockette (who I do like a lot), we pick up a veteran WR in FA like Cecil Shorts, Maclin, or even Nicks/Wayne. Then we might be able to grab a S (Prewitt?) in round 2.

Landry will be a June 1st cut so we can spread his dead money hit of 5M over a 3 year period, but he definitely needs to be gone. Cannot cover, and misses so many tackles. 6M is being thrown down the rabbit hole if we keep him, plus it gives us 8M towards the 16 cap.

Flowers I am just not sold on. I would like to have a OL, but I think BPA is best. Due to Pagano and how good he is with CB, and since I think Peters is the best CB in the draft, I would not mind after looking at all his problems during the combine and his interviews, if he clears that, taking him if he is there. Collins intrigues me, but i can't get that sign on LSU's coaches window saying  "these players are habitually late" and lazy at time. When a player makes money, those types of problems tend to get worse, not better. He may have changed his ways, but he would be a gamble also.

I like Lockett, but not in the second. I favor someone like Prewitt. Lockette is going to be a slot receiver, and Jamison Crowder was great in the Senior Bowl practices. Really impressed. He won't go until the 4th or 5th. I would rather use a later pick for a WR.

Landry will be a June 1st cut so we can spread his dead money hit of 5M over a 3 year period, but he definitely needs to be gone. Cannot cover, and misses so many tackles. 6M is being thrown down the rabbit hole if we keep him, plus it gives us 8M towards the 16 cap.

Flowers I am just not sold on. I would like to have a OL, but I think BPA is best. Due to Pagano and how good he is with CB, and since I think Peters is the best CB in the draft, I would not mind after looking at all his problems during the combine and his interviews, if he clears that, taking him if he is there. Collins intrigues me, but i can't get that sign on LSU's coaches window saying  "these players are habitually late" and lazy at time. When a player makes money, those types of problems tend to get worse, not better. He may have changed his ways, but he would be a gamble also.

I like Lockett, but not in the second. I favor someone like Prewitt. Lockette is going to be a slot receiver, and Jamison Crowder was great in the Senior Bowl practices. Really impressed. He won't go until the 4th or 5th. I would rather use a later pick for a WR.

Could be a strong chance BPA is a WR though in the first