Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Was Carted Of The Field At The End Of The Game

oldunclemark

I hope the front office realizes this is a big man sport. Fast and small is done. All our players are getting hurt every week for the past 2 years just making tackles.

???

Phillip Wheeler is 6'2", 240 pounds. Just about the same size as Patrick Willis. That's about the size every good linebacker in the NFL is, give or take 5 pounds here and there.

What, you want Brian Urlacher? 6'4", 260 pounds? He's missed games with injuries, too, and he's one of the absolute biggest. Everyone gets hurt now and then.

???

Phillip Wheeler is 6'2", 240 pounds. Just about the same size as Patrick Willis. That's about the size every good linebacker in the NFL is, give or take 5 pounds here and there.

What, you want Brian Urlacher? 6'4", 260 pounds? He's missed games with injuries, too, and he's one of the absolute biggest. Everyone gets hurt now and then.

Speed might be a factor. More speed = more energy = more momentum = more force created. To me, it could be a result of 3 things: technique, strength/conditioning, and arguably the most influential, luck

Speed might be a factor. More speed = more energy = more momentum = more force created. To me, it could be a result of 3 things: technique, strength/conditioning, and arguably the most influential, luck

So, our players are too fast, and that's the cause for the injuries? I can't get with that.

NFL players all move fast, and hit each other with tons of force. It's fascinating that they don't get hurt more often. What's more fascinating than that is the number of people here who take to calling players soft and claiming they lack toughness, because they get hurt. Wheeler, to my recollection, has never been hurt before. He's a very large man at 6'2", 240 lbs. He plays professional football, at one of the most physical positions in the sport (strongside linebacker). He got hurt because he was playing football. Not because he's weak, or too small, or not tough, or soft, or because the strength and conditioning staff is bad, or anything like that. He got hurt because football is a physical sport, and players get hurt.

Maybe if you look at a player who gets hurt over and over again (Sanders), or a player who misses games because of seemingly small issues (Gonzo), you start to wonder about them. Sanders is a small football player. Gonzo seems like his body just isn't very durable. But Phillip Wheeler? No.

So, our players are too fast, and that's the cause for the injuries? I can't get with that.

NFL players all move fast, and hit each other with tons of force. It's fascinating that they don't get hurt more often. What's more fascinating than that is the number of people here who take to calling players soft and claiming they lack toughness, because they get hurt. Wheeler, to my recollection, has never been hurt before. He's a very large man at 6'2", 240 lbs. He plays professional football, at one of the most physical positions in the sport (strongside linebacker). He got hurt because he was playing football. Not because he's weak, or too small, or not tough, or soft, or because the strength and conditioning staff is bad, or anything like that. He got hurt because football is a physical sport, and players get hurt.

Maybe if you look at a player who gets hurt over and over again (Sanders), or a player who misses games because of seemingly small issues (Gonzo), you start to wonder about them. Sanders is a small football player. Gonzo seems like his body just isn't very durable. But Phillip Wheeler? No.

I agree, I don't consider Wheeler to be injury prone